Re: CC3D on Align 450 FBL and Taranis
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 10:25:54 pm »
Hi SamSam,

for what kind of CC3D the uav-File is it?

The normal one or the revolution?
Gruß & Best regards, Thomas

SamSam

• Quads Helis planes
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 05:45:52 am »
hello Kettentiger.. the uav file is for normal CC3d...I have ordered revo board... i will try this out and let you know if the file works on revo

Griphin

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 01:02:18 pm »
Gday guys.  I'm trying to set up a HK250 FBL heli with a CC3D Atom and having a few probs.  I've set up the Inputs and Outputs.  All responds but my Collective in the Inputs.  Everything responds on my outputs test inc. motor.  Im stumped but knowing me its something basic I'm missing.

Hardware
HK250 FBL
CC3D Atom
25A ESC
Spectrum DX7 TX
Orange RX 6ch

Thanks for any hints.  Should I give up and just upload someone else's successful .uav file and modify it as required?  This is my first modern programable FC and I've spent hours reading and learning how to set it up myself.  Well tried to. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:21:49 pm by Griphin »

Mateusz

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 01:54:41 pm »
Not sure if you saw what Laurent wrote https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Helicopter
Maybe it would be beneficial if more people that fly Heli could contribute to Wiki.

The thing is that not every aircraft might have ESC connected to CC3D the same order, same ESC range, etc... I would not relay on specific UAV to work from one model to model. Unless it's the same model/hardware and connections are fixed.

Remember to do full erase before setting up your own stuff.

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 02:00:00 pm »
To get the collective to work do a "Jerry save" Jerry Connus found this one!

On the page with swash leveling do a save with "3 servos 140 degrees" and save again immediately with "3 servos 120 degrees" flight battery and TX on.

Collective will probably work after that.

Good luck,
Dave
Happy Landings!

Griphin

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 02:10:04 pm »
Tried the Jerry save and it didn't work.   :'(

I don't mind changing the hardware and output settings

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 02:16:52 pm »
Try one of my UAVs. They work HK250s.

Mine are set up for satellite but it is easy to change to RX from there. If you use mine change the "Actuator Settings" downward before you try them so they don't hurt your servos.

And I believe the "Jerry save" works if you have not tried the regular save first like right after swash leveling routine.
Happy Landings!

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 05:43:36 pm »
Hey Griphin,
Have you tried connecting a servo directly to Channel 6 of your receiver and exercise the Throttle stick just to make sure your transmitter is set up correctly?

Griphin

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 11:41:39 pm »
Yes connected a servo to RX ch and it works.  So does the throttle.  I've recalibrated the ESC to the throttle range too.  Damned if I  know whats going on.  I might try Mr Apples file.  I could always go back to if that doesn't work which is very convenient, thank you. 

SamSam

• Quads Helis planes
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2016, 01:36:15 am »
Hey Griphin,

I looked at your UAV file, all your connections are correct. I found some config errors and I fixed them, believe me I was able to hover few inches above ground in my basement with this file, here is the fixed file, upload it and let me know how it works. you will have to do a transmitter calibration, and might have to revers some controls depending on your setup. I noticed you had a lot of positive pitch,  if that's a problem remove servo arms and center them nice and then level your swash in the output page. if you want I can send some screen shots.. let me know

SamSam

• Quads Helis planes
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2016, 01:52:02 am »
wiring diagram

Griphin

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 09:03:12 am »
Uploaded the new file to the heli and trying it now.  I'm seeing loads of pitch too.  Way way too much.  The tail and Roll 2 out puts are off for me.  I'll play with it and get back too you.

BTW There are quite a few of us following your vids and hoping this works over at RC Groups  ;D
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1809971&page=64

Griphin

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 01:31:01 pm »
Hey Griphin,

I looked at your UAV file, all your connections are correct. I found some config errors and I fixed them, believe me I was able to hover few inches above ground in my basement with this file, here is the fixed file, upload it and let me know how it works. you will have to do a transmitter calibration, and might have to revers some controls depending on your setup. I noticed you had a lot of positive pitch,  if that's a problem remove servo arms and center them nice and then level your swash in the output page. if you want I can send some screen shots.. let me know
Holy crap.  You've done it!  I bow to your brilliance.  I now have a working heli to test.  Yes I have way too much pitch and I'll try to fix that tomorrow night.  I remember you did it in your vids.  I'll start and new thread detailing my hardware and upload the .uav file.

Was it just screwed up PID servo setting or something else? 

SamSam

• Quads Helis planes
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2016, 04:38:54 am »
hey....Griphin... thanks and no problem at all.. glad to help.. you made me laugh.. I was flying my heli with your UAV and I made few more changes.. and my friend did a small video with a phone I will post the new UAV in your new thread. here are the initial changes I made..you still have to do more fine tuning though.

Griphin

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2016, 05:40:12 am »
Yeah I kinda type the way I think without filtering and some people find that entertaining.  I've made a few changes to settings too. 
Should move your screen shots to my new thread to centralise what's relevant and get out of the owners thread with my bunk.  I'll do that tonight and answer questions.  Also list my hardware.     ;)