Re: CC3D on Align 450 FBL and Taranis
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2018, 02:57:48 pm »
i know its old topic but maybe someone can help me

what input goes on collective channel? throttle, rudder, some special mix from tx?

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2018, 04:40:35 pm »
One of our heli guys could help you more, but the best way IMO to set up is to set collective as thrust/throttle in FC and use a governor ESC to hold the RPM steady on a separate channel that the FC does not stabilize or control.

karla

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2018, 02:49:11 am »
Hello zokizo33,
The classical way is to set up a collective curve in your transmitter on a separate channel. That curve follows the throttle stick from min to max. Start just with a linear curve from min to max while you are setting up the heli. Later on when flying you change the curve so you get the desired collective pitch angles as the throttle changes.
The channel you set up in your tx is what you use as input in the screen you posted.
If this is your first heli setup then I think its a good start and will give you more understanding of how it works and can be changed.

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2018, 01:53:54 pm »
almost all i understand but what i dont understand is: where i need to set curve for throttle and pitch for different flight modes acro or normal
on my tx or somewhere in librepilot (i used before one year ago cc3d board for my quads, but now first time for heli)

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2018, 06:24:43 pm »
There is a throttle curve in the Vehicle page, but generally LP not currently coded to do the V throttle curve from a safety standpoint.

I don't have a heli setup with LP, but if I did I would either use no curves (basically close to throttle=collective, so no 3D or inverted hover) or I would use a "governor mode" ESC on an unstabilized (passthrough?) channel to maintain the main rotor RPM while the throttle stick controlled only the collective.

There are guys here that are playing around with heli setups and I certainly defer to their judgement.

zokizo

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2018, 09:44:44 pm »
Thanks  ;}) i try all possible mix on my taranis but cant get 3d or V curve to work with cc3d, does selflevel work in normal mode?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2018, 12:42:17 am »
Yes.

karla

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2018, 04:33:44 am »
almost all i understand but what i dont understand is: where i need to set curve for throttle and pitch for different flight modes acro or normal on my tx or somewhere in librepilot

There are several ways to do this, including what TheOtherCliff suggested, but this is the way I know from experience will work. Its also the way most descriptions in this forum will assume you have.

Set the throttle and collective curves in your transmitter.
Does your tx have a standard template for Heli?, you can use that and modify it. Your tx may also have a manual, it most likely will describe how throttle and collective curves are set up.
For a multitude of helis, 3 flight modes are set up in the tx: Normal, Sport and 3D flight. They will have different throttle and collective curves. Start just setting up a Normal flight mode with its Throttle and Collective curves and copy it to the other two modes, you can modify them later as last step before first flight.

Make sure in the GCS - Configuration - Helicopter - Basic Settings - CCPM Options, that the Collective Pass through is selected and the Link Cyclic/Collective option is deselected. This way the FC will not alter the input from the tx, but just pass it on to the servos.

You can have a look here as well
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=3269.msg22858#msg22858

Hope it helps

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2018, 05:21:54 am »
Careful with V throttle curve.  You must have a normal throttle curve to arm and start up, or have arming on a switch and soft ESC startup.

Good luck.  :)

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2018, 11:53:35 am »
thanks guys on help i use taranis tx and s-bus (one wire connection) between cc3d and my rx
there is no wizard for setup helicopter all you have to make manual,
latter i will try few more suggestion and see does it work ( 3D flight mode )

thank on your help

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2018, 04:31:02 pm »
one more question i noticed that my collective servos does not travel full range +-12 degrees 
looks like some curve is enabled, but i i have just one -100 +100

i made collective setup and all standard setup but my servos move just a little up and down

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2018, 05:40:11 am »
You probably have collective set as your stabilized vertical motion channel.  Stabilized flight isn't 3D where you need full pitch for maneuvers.  You just need enough to fly around with the limitations of your settings, like +-3m/s vertical speed.

It may be that if you had a large vertical speed range configured, and you had the collective stick to full max and it was falling very fast that it would wind up over time to use full collective, but that is not normal flight.  The question is whether it flies.  I would also ask some of the heli guys what their collective acts like (I'm not a heli guy).

karla

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2018, 12:07:05 pm »
I noticed that my collective servos does not travel full range +-12 degrees 
looks like some curve is enabled, but i i have just one -100 +100
i made collective setup and all standard setup but my servos move just a little up and down

. Check that your tx really do output a -100 +100 range signal (linear curve),
. Check that you really did the remote control tx cal. in GCS w that curve,
. Check GCS - Configuration - Heli - Basic settings
  - Collective Pass through checked?
  - Link Cyclic... not checked?
  - The 3 CCPM slide mixers, move them to something like over 50%, maybe 70.
. Check GCS Output screen, move min and max points to make travel range wider.

zokizo

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2018, 03:10:40 pm »
Yes iwill check, in selflevel mode there is limit of angle maybe it is that, i did not play with libre more than one year and i forgot details of tuning :)

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

karla

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2018, 02:05:01 am »
oh and another thing, set the stabilization to all manual when setting the pitch angels.