Jhinta

The part you dont understand is , that you doing things we didnt even say tot do ! Start flashing (update reset rescu ) BEFORE YOU CONNECT YOUR BOARD !!!!   if that doesn't work, you have a driver/cable problem or empty/bad SOC DFU modes needed (read wiki) or bad mainboard ( good for parts)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk

It "times out for board waiting to be connected"     I restarted GCS, chose rescue, then when the timer started I plugged the board in and it doesnt recognize it.  Same thing if I choose "upgrade & erase".  Is it possible that I dont have the right cable?  I just used a basic cell phone cable that fit.  Is that a possibility?  It tells me I will "have to manually upgrade the board"     I attached another image that I get when I choose "upgrade and erase"   the second error message image is when I choose "rescue:

Jhinta

Swap cable also make sure you have the driver correctly installed

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=12812343#content/view/12812343

Jhinta

Create a screen shot of hd devices usb & com ( disconnected & connected )

f5soh

• LibrePilot
First try another cable.
When you connect the board to the computer and/or using battery do you see some activity like led blinking ?

Driver is unrelated to the rescue / Manual update issue

When I connect the cable, yes the lights go on (blue blinking & green solid).  So does that mean it is not a cable issue?

Jhinta

When I connect the cable, yes the lights go on (blue blinking & green solid).  So does that mean it is not a cable issue?
It only means its getting power and its booting . ( as in red and black are oke) what about rx tx cable?

Holy cow, it was the cable!  Unreal!  Thank you so much for the help everyone!  I will try to get through the rest of the setup.  Thanks again!

It actually was the cable, I am so dumb!  I went through all the settings but I get stuck at the "gimbal" section.  I am not able to choose "save" based on the default settings on that page.  This is where I got stuck before.  Are there any settings changes I need to make on this page so I can move on to the next?  Thanks again!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Moved the other post here

About Gimbal : you need to enable the module first - Save and reboot

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Camera+Stabilisation+Configuration

In most GCS config parts in you click the icon you will get the wiki page according to the place you are in GCS.

Are there any standard config recommendations for the "Gimbal" page.  This is the image and the settings that are there now.  It looks like I need to make some choices before I can move ahead.  Sorry for being a dum dum...:)

*At the bottom it is set to "Gimbal type: generic" and "FF Max acceleration: 500"

f5soh

• LibrePilot
You should also look at the tooltips when you mouseover the areas.
Parameter you quote are found in "expert settings", if you're not a expert you should keep as default ?

I was able to sent the "Gimbal" settings correctly I believe.  I was able to save them and go on to the next page. On the TxPID page I was able to enable TxIP module so that seems good to go.  When I get to the last page titled "OPLINK" I only get this message "This panel will be updated to provide the relevant controls to let you configure your device once it is connected and running." and I am not able to click "save" on the page.  Are there any other settings that I need to adjust before I am able to give this thing a test run?  Also, I noticed that at the bottom right of the config pages it has Connections set at "Serial:COM3" and I think someone said earlier that this was the wrong setting to have.  The other options are "Logfile: logfile replay" OR "UDP: Unconfigured".  It seems like my controller isnt integrated with the quad yet.  My thanks in advance! 

f5soh

• LibrePilot
I don't understand what you are trying exactly.

For a first test run you do not need Gimbal or TxPID. What gimbal hardware do you use ?
Seems you try to setup a OPLink not available with a CC3D hardware.

The serial COM3 is not needed for normal setup.

The Setup wizard will help you to configure the board according to your hardware (Rc receiver, Esc...), you should start here, followed by the Transmitter wizard.

I think I may have added some extra steps for myself perhaps.  I can't seem to connect the controller to the quad.  I have gone through all the transmitter settings, adjusted any inverted controls, set the motors stable speed, extend to the maximum on the controller sticks...etc    But for some reason I am not able to connect my controller to the quad.  Would it be better if I just started over?  It still says "Serial: COM3 as the connection on the configuration menu.  Is there a video or something I can follow from the very beginning to make sure I don't keep making the same mistake?  Thank you again everyone!