Hello everyone.  I an the proud owner of a new eachine 250 quad and I an having some challenges just really figuring this thing out.  I would say that I am technically pretty good with things like this as I am decent on a computer, and I am also a longtime RC user and fan.  I have my quad fully assembled however I just cant get through all of the LibrePilot settings.  When I try to run the firmware updates I keep getting this error :Timed out while waiting for a board to be connected!  You will have to manually upgrade the board using the uploader plugin."  The when I go to the "board identification" it doesnt seem to recognize it although it does read "disconnect" as one of the options.  However, I am not able to click "next" to move forward in the process.  Is there an up to date video link I can follow to set this up properly?  I have watched several videos on youtube and they dont seem to help.  I would even be willing to pay someone to set this up for me if it came down to it.  This quad is brand new, right of out the box and I thought it would be way easier to set up.  Any help or suggestions would be tremendously appreciated!  Have a wonderful weekend!
Libre version I have now is 16.09

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Hi, welcome.

No need to pay someone here :)

Assuming your board is in good condition and to be used with LibrePilot...
You may need to update first the bootloader to the v4 version.

Download this file https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/4128780/bu_cc3d.opfw
And flash the bootloader like explained here:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Rescue

Last step, do a manual update using the "Upgrade&Erase" button:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Manualmethod

It sounds like the bootloader is an old version.

You can either use the version of OpenPilot that it had on it (I would guess 15.05 f5soh reminds me that 15.02 is the last OP version that supports CC3D) or you can update the bootloader and use LibrePilot.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Rescuemethod

After flashing the bootloader and before flashing the regular firmware, make sure you boot the board (or power off/on) with just the bu_coptercontrol.opfw on it.  That is an important step that is sometimes skipped.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 04:30:20 am by TheOtherCliff »

I think I am dumber than I even look.  I am still having issues with this recognizing the board.  It keeps timing out.  I dont think the board is bad, I just think I am missing a step here.  What I have done is
*Dowloaded the most current version of Librepilot   GCS version 16.09
*Connected my quad to a usb port on my actual laptop (it says not to use hubs)
*HAVE NOT connected the battery for any parts of this process so far (is that correct?)
*Have tried to do the "vehicle setup wizard" on the Libre homepage chose "upgrade/erase all settings" and it times out and says "you will have to manually upgrade the board using the uploader plugin".  When I choose "next" it gives me the option to "disconnect" but it doesnt seem like it is recognizing anything.  I am not able to choose "next" from here.  It doesnt allow me.  It automatically chooses "connection device" as "Serial: COM3" and for "detected board type" it only allows "unknown" to be selected from the drop down.

Is there any kind of up to date video out there that I can follow so I don't continue to make a fool out of myself?  :)   I sincerely thank you for your help! 

I've also restarted my pc a few times to make sure any updates took

Jhinta

I've also restarted my pc a few times to make sure any updates took
Start flashing before connecting mainboard and make sure your drivers are oke

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk

Can you explain what "start flashing" means?  Sorry, this is all new to me in many regards.  Thank you

*Also, when I try to "upgrade and erase" I am not able to select "rescue" at all. 

f5soh

• LibrePilot
From here :
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Rescue

- Disconnect board from USB and remove all power (battery...)
- Rescue (or upgrade&Erase)
- Connect board

What happens ?

I get stuck here and can't choose any of the needed options.  Please see attached image

And when it says "disconnect all power to the board" I have been assuming that also means having it connected via USB?  Sounds like a dumb question, but nothing is dumb at this point.  So the board is not supposed to have any power going to it at all correct?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Why you have the Serial com3 connected ?

Restart the GCS and try again the above

Disconnect the board, hit the button (rescue / upgrade&Erase) and connect board

Anytime I try to "upgrade and erase" from the firmware section it doesnt recognize the board and times out.  I have tried this step with the board being plugged in via USB, and without.  I feel like I missed an obvious step somewhere. 

Serial COM 3 was selected by default. 

I can chose to connect via "Logfile: Logfile replay" "serial: COM3" or "UDP unconfigured".  Which one should I select?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
No one tell you to select one option and/or connect.

Restart GCS
Disconnect the board,
Hit the button (rescue or upgrade&Erase)
Connect board

What happens ?