Re: CC3D Bricked
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2016, 06:31:44 am »
motor 1 and motor 3  channels are switched.
I have tried to change 1 & 3 in the motor output channels but it does not work
Even though i have reassigned the motor channel it still will not work
How do I make LP accept the settings??
I have clicked save but it still does not make the change in motor channels as I have selected.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 06:52:59 am by no config »

« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2016, 07:39:03 am »
Since LP is not cooperating for me with the motor channel switch, I am just going to change the wires and call it mud.
will be much faster than trying to figure out the LP configuration why it is not working.

is a big bummer though.
The solution to my problem is there in configuration, if only it would work for me
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 07:43:22 am by no config »

jbarchuk

« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2016, 08:42:19 am »
The SYMPTOM is that Saves appear to be not working. This has nothing to do with the motors or wiring.

When you do a Save to you watch the Tx and Rx light bars in the lower-right corner and wait for them to settle?

Different PCs/laptops/whatever and various USB systems might behave differently.

With mine the normal/'at rest' lights have about half the Tx bar lit and a couple less Rx lights lit. When I hit Save the Tx drops to 1 light and the Rx doesn't change. After a few seconds the Tx goes back to the previous number of lights lit, and those lights don't change. So I take it to mean that after the Tx has dropped to 1 light and then back to a few more lights that the write is completed.

« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2016, 09:36:09 am »
Ok, I will give it a shot and take notice of the rx/tx lights
have not changed wires yet.  i would sure like to not have to.

it was kinda funny though how things went trying to change the motor channels.
I went to vehicle configuration and hit the drop down menu on Motor 1 and selected Ch3, then went to Motor 3 and selected Ch1.
When I hit save all motors started up to low idle like as if I had checked the box for that feature.
i thought maybe I had the box check for motor idle when armed, so i did it again making sure the box was not selected for motor idle, but when i selected motor channels and save again it did the same thing.
I had to go to the Motors Output screen and deselect the box to turn the motors off.
very strange, especially since i did not do stick movement to arm.  This all happens by selecting save after changing motor channels.

« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2016, 09:47:22 am »
The SYMPTOM is that Saves appear to be not working. This has nothing to do with the motors or wiring.

When you do a Save to you watch the Tx and Rx light bars in the lower-right corner and wait for them to settle?

Different PCs/laptops/whatever and various USB systems might behave differently.

With mine the normal/'at rest' lights have about half the Tx bar lit and a couple less Rx lights lit. When I hit Save the Tx drops to 1 light and the Rx doesn't change. After a few seconds the Tx goes back to the previous number of lights lit, and those lights don't change. So I take it to mean that after the Tx has dropped to 1 light and then back to a few more lights that the write is completed.

I just gave it another go trying it as you suggest but same thing.

I have 1 green TX bar,
and 4 green bars ans 1 yellow on RX

when i hit save there is no change with the RX/TX bars

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2016, 01:59:39 pm »
I have clicked save but it still does not make the change in motor channels as I have selected.

I think you miss something, another time.

When you change the channel mapping on Vehicle, it do not change the channel position in Output tab, the channel order still the same.
But look at names... every motor is named like his position, example : "VTOLMotorNW" where NW means "North West"...

Sorry for the lack of cooperation, i was sleeping, sorry again...
I hope you are not sleeping just now, maybe you can reply quickly.

« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2016, 04:08:38 pm »
Come on! what the heck, I was not referring to anyone in particular.

I was referring to the program itself not cooperating.............geez

I cannot see a way to change the motor assignment
I give up, can't win for losing, thanks for the help
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 04:30:26 pm by no config »

« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2016, 04:33:41 pm »

« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2016, 04:42:10 pm »
why did you take that remark so personal.
I was referring to the program itself.
i am having enough difficulties with the hardware and softwaqre.
I don't need people trying to twist my words.
did I say anything about anyone?  You guys are making it very tough for me to communicate with you if you are going to be so sensitive trying to read between the lines.
If i felt you guys are not cooperating then that is exactly what i would have said.
I was just making lite of the program to help me stay positive and try and continue with this massive head ache of a gyro.

and since you leftr out HOW to change the motor assignment I am stuck wasting time
i cannot find a way to change the assignment on my own.
What good does it do to show what the motor positions mean if there is no way to change it.
OK, NOW I am saying you guys are not cooperating
How do you like that now?  Yes, I am pissed off now and really don't want this damn gyro anymore!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2016, 04:54:12 pm »
and since you leftr out HOW to change the motor assignment I am stuck wasting time
What good does it do to show what the motor positions mean if there is no way to change it.

Do you need a bigger picture ? Or maybe i redo another one "wasting my time" ?

hwh

« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2016, 04:57:18 pm »
Good morning,

You have to remember that for most of the people you're dealing with here English is a second or third language.  Wording that native English speakers use translates to different implications in other languages.

Give me a couple of minutes to catch up and I'll get back to you.

-Hank

« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2016, 05:00:50 pm »

Do you need a bigger picture ? Or maybe i redo another one "wasting my time" ?

The picture is great, thank you very much.
But were on your post does it explain HOW to change the assignment
Yes, I do see and understand what the designations mean, NE(north east, etc), but were is there the option to change the assignment??
Changing the motor channel did nothing

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2016, 05:06:57 pm »
Since the start we say you need to change the channel assignment using the Vehicle tab.

https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=1094.msg10375#msg10375

And here, with a big picture:
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=1094.msg10378#msg10378

« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2016, 05:13:16 pm »
i have tried many times
as I stated before
there was no change assigning a different channel to motor, if there was i would not be here now.
You guys are just repeating what I have already tried over, and over, and over...........

« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2016, 05:19:46 pm »
why can't there be some procedure with the LP wizard that will go through motor spin one at a time to show that motors are in proper order??
with an option to EASILY change order if needed