Re: CC3D Bricked
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2016, 04:01:43 am »
well, i was not positive what end was faulty, but was leaning towards something with LP setup, because I did go through the proper channel setup on radio, which i have done before on the Taranis, and all channel/switches were registering on the TX monitor correctly.
After radio setup i went to LP and started the Transmitter Wizard, and in that process assigned switches when prompted with all switches moving onscreen with wizard correctly.
But when I went to configuration screen and flight modes, the switches were not making movement on the scales.  So, I did a manual calibration from that screen and the switches came to life.

« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2016, 12:00:03 am »
not sure if this question is for here or RCG, anyway,  what i would like to figure out is how to switch the board orientation  -90 deg. but i forgot how, and have been looking for some time now through manuals and can't find it yet.
Is it possible to turn the board orientation?

« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2016, 05:51:38 am »
thanks for the links.  Got it turned to -90
this is on a different quad, an origin Hobby CK-250 with Airtronics Aquila-6 radio, and what appears to be a standard CC3D, but it is in a case and cannot see markings.

I had to load firmware on this one the same as previous, manually.
went through both vehicle and transmitter wizard, and checked channels, set board orientation -90 (arrow pointing right), etc.
Tested motors and gyro input with motors spooled up and everything seemed ok.
Maiden flite, idle motors and within a couple seconds of idling or with any stick input it just idles up quickly and flips over on a dime.
I have re-installed firmware and re-done wizards, selected different model configurations  (generic X-quad, and Chinese Clone ZMR250)and same thing.

I feel this is something with configuration OR a bad board, which would bnot be a LB issue.
But I guess the only way to know if you have a bad board is if configuration is ruled out.
here is the config file. Hopefully it is configuration and not bad board.

jbarchuk

« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2016, 02:19:46 am »
... what appears to be a standard CC3D, but it is in a case and cannot see markings.

If the board is a One True Clone then by this pic the front is the side with no connectors.

hwh

« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2016, 03:21:16 am »
If the board is the one pictured by jbarchuk your settings for board rotation are correct if the servo connectors face the tail of the craft and the usb connector is on the left side standing behind the craft. I'm by no means an expert on the rest of the settings but they look reasonable to me.

Every time I've seen violent flip idling on the ground armed it's been either board rotation wrong (not in your case apparently), a motor turning backward, a wrong prop, or motors in the wrong order.  Being perfect I'd never do any of those and break both rear props of course  ::)

« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2016, 08:10:31 am »
Haha! well i got lucky doing 3 violent flips and no damage, very luckily!
but it did help that I was testing on astro turf.   :)

just thought of this right now, a long shot, but worth a check I guess.
This unit is an RTF kit says it comes with either Naze32 or CC3D
both have different motor ordering, and maybe the header pin/receiver block setup they have has them in wrong order.  Must check that out I guess...........

« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2016, 09:01:32 am »
Is there a way to test each motor on LP to make sure the right one is spinning?

jbarchuk

« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2016, 09:50:47 am »
Is there a way to test each motor on LP to make sure the right one is spinning?
On the bench.
Pull the props.
On each prop shaft add a small 'flag' of masking tape. You won't be able to see the RPM variation but when you stick your finger in the tape you'll hear it.
Turn on Tx, plug in flight battery and wait for Rx and FC to turn on and settle down as normal.

Add a *LITTLE* throttle. *DON'T* go past 1/4 throttle. Less than 1/4 is fine for this test. Full throttle for only a few seconds can overrev the motor and blow up bearings or throw the magnets or something else very very bad.

Elevator forward. Stick finger in masking tape flags. You will hear the rear motors increase RPM and the forward motors decrease RPM.
Do the same for elevator back and listen for the changes in motor RPM.

Roll left and right and listen for the RPM changes in the left and right side motors.

If things sound right it'll probably fly right.
Remove tape, mount props, and go fly.

Personally after removing the tape I wipe prop shafts with alcohol to remove the last residue of the tape adhesive that might cause a prop to slip.

hwh

« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2016, 05:02:23 pm »
If you don't want to use the transmitter and run all 4 motors at the same time you can remove the props as jbarchuk said, add the flags, hook up a battery and usb, and in gcs go to config -> output.  Pull all the sliders to the left so the motors don't all start, scroll to the bottom of the screen and check live testing - test outputs.  Then the sliders will control the motors directly.

Don't save when you're done so you don't mess up your motor settings.

« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2016, 05:32:11 pm »
well this seems to be the problem
tested motors and they are not spinning in the proper order

« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2016, 06:01:03 pm »
Is there a way to reassign the motor channels on LP to get them in the right order without changing wires??

hwh

« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2016, 06:01:27 pm »
If the motors are spinning in the correct direction I think you can just go to to vehicle tab and reassign what motor is what output.  That would save rewiring it.

edit:  how was that, a 24 second response time. :)   I cheated, I was already typing the answer before you asked.

« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2016, 06:21:14 pm »
Lol! now that's FAST!   :)

I hope I can figure it out on LP how to change the motor order, because on this unit it is a pain to change the wires, everything is hard wired to a PD connection board and buried under a mess of that white silicone insulation and mounted in middle of frame.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2016, 06:41:34 pm »