f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: New, need direction
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 05:51:53 pm »
- Disconnect board
- Hit Upgrade&Erase button
- Connect board
- Wait flash procedure and 30 seconds more for reboot / erase.

If you are using Bootloader v3, update to v4.

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-UpdateBootloaderandUpdatefirmware

MrFoo

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 06:19:20 pm »
It just times out waiting on a connection. I am running Librepilot 15.09 and downloaded the cc3d bootloader. Also tried on OP as well. Same result.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 06:41:52 pm »
If the following:

Code: [Select]
- Disconnect board
- Hit Upgrade&Erase button

give a time out, try another USB cable

MrFoo

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2016, 06:58:17 pm »
Gotcha. I will have to find one somewhere. I had to dig this one up because of the style connection.

MrFoo

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 02:56:36 am »
I got a new cable, the computer recognized it. I did the firmware update & erase and it gave me the following as you can see in the 1st image (firmware rev 1). I tried rescue, clicked open and loaded the "bu_cc3d.opfw" then flashed it next and got this (firmware rev 2) The setup wizard times out on the upgrade screen and says I will need to manually upgrade.

I am making progress, slowly but surely.

cato

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2016, 10:06:33 am »
OK,

now, initially I thought it may be an issue with the Windows or connection. There are many bad USB cables out there, which do not work or do not work properly. As at some point your FC was recognized, the Windows driver seems to be ok (another possible issue).

For the update procedure, don't try any firmware files manually at the moment, you could brick your FC if you do it the wrong way. Instead use the procedure as said before in this thread:
- disconnect your FC from Computer and battery
- start GCS and click Update&Erase
- connect your FC within 20 seconds

If it still times out, try a cable of higher quality (cheep cables most likely won't work). The upgrade process should start automatically after a while. If it gives you an error then, just report back. Again, don't try any files you found, it may be the wrong one, causing the FC to be bricked, which would make the whole procedure more complicated. In detail: you tried to upload the bootloader. This is not necessary, as you already have version 4 running. What you need is the new firmware, this file will automatically be selected when you use above procedure.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:30:54 am by cato »
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

MrFoo

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 01:13:48 pm »
Ok, I did the procedure and it seemed to take(no errors). I am not sure of the next step though. It shows connected at the bottom with 1 green next to Tx, the number keeps ranging from 24-120. The box in the top right that says "no link" changed to " log replay" but nothing comes up when I click it. When I power on the quad with battery, the startup sound is only 1 beep instead of 2. I have attached a screenshot of the firmware tab with the quad plugged into only USB power.

I bought the cable from Best Buy yesterday. Hopefully that isn't the problem.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2016, 03:09:14 pm »
The "only one Tx bar" looks a driver/windows issue.

try following steps from here:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting

MrFoo

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2016, 06:18:55 am »
Success!!! Now I am on the transmitter setup. I set transmitter mode 2. The throttle works, the roll animation is the right stick, the actual left stick is what sent it to the next one, pitch indicates right stick but moving either one gets no response and thats where I am at now.

Mateusz

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2016, 08:06:44 am »
Success!!! Now I am on the transmitter setup. I set transmitter mode 2. The throttle works, the roll animation is the right stick, the actual left stick is what sent it to the next one, pitch indicates right stick but moving either one gets no response and thats where I am at now.

I had similar issue twice, but I have 6 builds and it happened only first time on two of them. Not sure what was the cause as I can't reproduce this. But going back and forth in transmitter wizard helped. Just press back and couple of times and try again. What transmitter / receiver is that ? Is it connected via sbus/pwm/ppm ? I use Sbus on all my builds and FrSky.
Strange is that it didnt happen on other builds using the same transmitter receiver. So I considered it problem with cables or some interference, maybe you are too close to the receiver with your transmitter ? FrSky sometimes drops connection when you have transmitter too close to receiver.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2016, 07:08:51 pm »
Sometimes jitter on signal (wrong pot on radio usually) can do a wrong stick detection, just go back and try again.

This issue should be fixed for next release.

MrFoo

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2016, 01:54:11 pm »
Mateusz, I am using a Devention Devo 7 remote and RX701 receiver. I tried going back, restarting my computer and still get the same result. Also tried moving the transmitter farther away and still no luck.

f5soh, I am not too sure what you mean by the wrong pot on the radio. Do you have any workarounds until the next release?

Just to clarify my process. I turn on the transmitter, plug in USB, plug in battery, turn on GCS.

I feel like I am so close to getting this working again and am itching to get it back in the air!!!!

MrFoo

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2016, 08:21:15 pm »
Any ideas on how to get past this?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2016, 09:04:51 pm »
Power the board and transmitter on.
Go to UAVOBrowser and check the ReceiverActivity UAVO.

What do you see while you don't move sticks ?
You can also note every channel for all sticks and manually enter number on Input tab...

MrFoo

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2016, 09:47:33 pm »
It looks just like the picture you have. When I move the right stick, it does not display a channel in the up/down or left/right movement.