f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: How to crash ( and break stuff ) in 60 seconds ( maiden )
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 11:17:44 pm »
Rate mode is not allowed combined with CruiseControl, this start config alarm.

And Yes, CruiseControl add a little more CPU load because more calc is done for thrust / angle.

If you want to do the flip you should cut motors at angle > 90°, just keep default settings.
The PowerDelayComp is also taken in account so if if you a too small MaxAngle flip is not finalized maybe.

You can see Throttle curve in Vehicle tab, previously the max was set to 0.9 (90%)

Did you successfully follow previous step i posted ?

Jeuke26

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 11:38:27 pm »
Will do all your steps tomorrow and report back. I spend al evening making an aluminum motor arm as my spares were all gone with the wind. Must say the result is very nice and the weight is the same 9grams.

Jeuke26

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 03:58:42 pm »
So I tried and did everything you proposed and got still in rattitude mode with 500deg/s it just stops all together once in a roll.

In full rate mode I managed to do a couple of flips and rolls but the second lipo even in rate mode it didn't regain power and...broke my cam connections. I'm getting tired of this as I want to fly fpv and all I do is playing Dokter.

In attitude mode all is fine, in rattitude and rate as well as long as you don't want to roll or flip the quad. I alway keep some throttle input and don't zero it once in a roll but it doesn't make any difference. I have another quad here ( not mine ) and overwrite this settings to see if it is the board or not.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 09:26:57 pm »
Sorry about that, maybe a CC3D related to Gimbal module.

It could be interesting see if a Revo has the same issue.

Jeuke26

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 09:19:17 am »

Only one way to find out. I'm disabling the gimbal function and go fly rolls and flips and do the Diane enabled. If the error occurs in the second one we could establish a baseline for the problem. I also will install a servo current display. Maybe it's just to much on the FC or the PCB mentioned in the other topic.

Jeuke26

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2016, 09:00:11 am »

An update. I disabled the gimbal function and went out again, sure in rattitude mode with cruise control the freaky my thing rolls, motors stop and don't come up again....faling brick. I went up in rate mode again with manual throttle and I could flip and roll just fine switched back to rattitude and first roll was ok, second too third one....yep, again faling brick. Something is wrong with the cruise control execution. Sure the motors "stop" after a certain extent angle but they don't spool up again. I can tell you it is t nice to see your quad telling so much abuse and damage because you can't control it anymore. Broke already 6 props, one fpv cam, 3 arms, one VTx antenna....

The only way to flip or roll on this board is apparently in full rate mode.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2016, 10:07:39 am »
Sorry about your crashes again.  :'(

A firmware issue looks strange at this point, CruiseControl is here since some time and used by several pilots without issues (including me).
I had a doubt with the Gimbal running but without... i'm out of ideas in your case

Jeuke26

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2016, 01:20:25 pm »

A firmware issue looks strange at this point, CruiseControl is here since some time and used by several pilots without issues (including me).
I had a doubt with the Gimbal running but without... i'm out of ideas in your case

Well, thanks a lot for all the support and help. I will make a video of it and hopefully you can identify the issue.

Jeuke26

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2016, 02:33:34 pm »

Here we go, the first roll in rattitude went ok, the second one, we'll see for yourself. This time I broke a motor shaft!!! Glad I took off all the fpv gear.

Enjoy.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2016, 05:33:51 pm »
I don't heard a beep from esc reset or something in your video.
Sadly i cannot reproduce your issue here, using Rattitude + CruiseControl and CC3D:

Jeuke26

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2016, 06:25:35 pm »
I don't heard a beep from esc reset or something in your video.
Sadly i cannot reproduce your issue here, using Rattitude + CruiseControl and CC3D:

But you hopefully clearly notice that the motors don't spool up again. When I performed the roll I never went under 1/3 throttle.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:29:23 pm by f5soh »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2016, 06:40:05 pm »
Sorry but i cannot do more.

Just finished the last fourth battery this afternoon doing flips all the time like the video above with Rattitude+CruiseControl without issues.

If i can't reproduce your issue, i cannot try to fix something and i assume firmware is working fine. CruiseControl was added close to 2 years ago now.

Jeuke26

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2016, 08:12:38 pm »

Just finished the last fourth battery this afternoon doing flips all the time like the video above with Rattitude+CruiseControl without issues.

If i can't reproduce your issue, i cannot try to fix something and i assume firmware is working fine. CruiseControl was added close to 2 years ago now.

As I said thanks for all the help. I have a new frre and motor on the way as well as a new CC3D board. I'll save the UAV file. And we will soon know enough.

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2016, 09:06:22 pm »

As I said thanks for all the help. I have a new frre and motor on the way as well as a new CC3D board. I'll save the UAV file. And we will soon know enough.

I had this same issue when doing flips, I finally traced it to a bad pot on my radio gimbal. Believe it or not. The pot had a bad spot that made the throttle go low and it was the perfect spot when I flipped and lowered the throttle a bit. Now I am not saying this is your problem but worth looking into. I also had this occur with another quad doing flips in very cold weather with a low C battery, seem the voltage sag was too much in cold weather. By switching to a high C battery the problem went away. Now that the weather has warmed up , the low C battery flies fine on the same quad with no changes. 

Jeuke26

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2016, 10:49:12 pm »

I had this same issue when doing flips, I finally traced it to a bad pot on my radio gimbal. Believe it or not. The pot had a bad spot that made the throttle go low and it was the perfect spot when I flipped and lowered the throttle a bit. Now I am not saying this is your problem but worth looking into. I also had this occur with another quad doing flips in very cold weather with a low C battery, seem the voltage sag was too much in cold weather. By switching to a high C battery the problem went away. Now that the weather has warmed up , the low C battery flies fine on the same quad with no changes.

Thanks for the tip, In one of my test I took the same TX ( Spektrum dx6 ) and bind it to my uncle Eturbine quad with the same settings and could roll and flip all day long. Then I replaced Tx and RX with my Futaba T8J and did all wizards again with the same flight setup and Shute enough the thing felt out of the sky like in the video above. Must be a board issue. My frame is so damaged its beyond repair without once leaving my front garden. Ordered a new one and a new motor plus cc3d from readymaderc. Will know in a couple of weeks when all comes in.