vk4tec

Nebiew needs help please
« on: April 03, 2017, 02:01:52 am »
Hello

I have a cc3d with oplink. I want to use it in a UAV fixed wing for stabilisation and telemetry.

I have been able to hook the cc3d into my laptop and see that it works using a samsung cable.

I can see the compass and horizon move. The google map does not work yet, I have a uBlox neo8m.

The cc3d is now in the model aeroplane and I am ready to ask some questions if you can help me.

1. Do I need to make the uBlox GPS 8m talk binary instead of NMEA ?
2. How do I power the cc3d now that it is in the plane ?
3. I noticed the GPS would not power up until I put 5 volts on the servo headers.
4. Can I introduce one correction at at a time, say just for now lets keep the pitch level.
5. Its still ok to bypass the cc3d for the other RC controls ?
6. I have the cc3d facing north. With a samsung cable to a laptop I can rock the model and see the libre pilot SW move
7. Battery voltage sense - i see a port for port sense - does that send using OPLINK back to the ground ?
8. I see that the place where I plug in my RC can take 6 channels of PWM ? I have a AR610 simple no AS3X rx
9. What is the go with the throttle and the cc3d ? and also flaps.

I am keen to get

1. GPS location - neo uBlox 8M
2. Pitch Roll Yaw telemetry ( oplink to gnd 433 MHz )
3. Pitch Roll Yaw stability ( inside the plane )
4. Battery volts - sent to ground oplink
5. Compass heading - sent to ground oplink

Can you respond to me please at Andrew Rich [email protected]

Andy

Re: Nebiew needs help please
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 06:40:29 pm »
I have a cc3d with oplink. I want to use it in a UAV fixed wing for stabilisation and telemetry. I have been able to hook the cc3d into my laptop and see that it works using a samsung cable. I can see the compass and horizon move. The google map does not work yet, I have a uBlox neo8m.  The cc3d is now in the model aeroplane and I am ready to ask some questions if you can help me.

1. Do I need to make the uBlox GPS 8m talk binary instead of NMEA ?
With a CC3D, yes.  CC3D does not talk NMEA because of limited program memory.  You will need to download and run ublox u-center.exe and set the configurations manually.  If you or a friend has a Revo, you can tell the Revo to do it (permanently) for your GPS.  Search the wiki for how to set it up for CC3D (CC3D GPS).  Be aware that the small, inexpensive GPS units do not have permanent settings and so they need to be configured each time they are powered on.  This makes them such a large pain to use with CC3D that you can say they are not usable with CC3D.

2. How do I power the cc3d now that it is in the plane ?
Usually CC3D power comes from the BEC built into the ESC.  If you are not using electric motor power then you will have to find a source of 5V power and connect it to CC3D.

3. I noticed the GPS would not power up until I put 5 volts on the servo headers.
That is the standard way of getting power into the CC3D.

4. Can I introduce one correction at at a time, say just for now lets keep the pitch level.
Yes.  Look at the Flight Mode Switch section of the Input page.  If you are running Stab1, you would set roll and yaw to Rate or Manual.

5. Its still ok to bypass the cc3d for the other RC controls ?
Sure, but it may be better to just set those other controls to Manual which does exactly that ... copies input to output (while obeying min/neutral/max settings at both input and output).

6. I have the cc3d facing north. With a samsung cable to a laptop I can rock the model and see the libre pilot SW move
CC3D does not have a compass in it.  It assumes it is facing north when you power it on.

7. Battery voltage sense - i see a port for port sense - does that send using OPLINK back to the ground ?
(I think) You can set up CC3D to read battery voltage.  And then you make sure that the battery voltage information is sent periodically through the telemetry.  Search wiki.  :)

8. I see that the place where I plug in my RC can take 6 channels of PWM ? I have a AR610 simple no AS3X rx
I think that is a Spektrum.  CC3D does DSM if you need to use that.

9. What is the go with the throttle and the cc3d ? and also flaps.
Not sure I understand the question.  With a fixed wing, it is common to set arming to "always armed".  I would avoid the flaps, at least to start with.  It is fun to have an extra gadget, but it really isn't needed except maybe for very efficient gliders.  Many people don't know how to adjust and use flaps correctly and they are just a "gee, that's cool, it's got flaps".

I am keen to get
1. GPS location - neo uBlox 8M
map location is the only thing that CC3D can do with GPS

2. Pitch Roll Yaw telemetry ( oplink to gnd 433 MHz )
Yes, normal telemetry does that.

3. Pitch Roll Yaw stability ( inside the plane )
You want Stabilized1 which (if you look farther down the page) is Attitude, Attitude, Rate.  You really don't need stabilization on yaw on a fixed wing.  It actually gets in the way.  It forces you to coordinate your turns and use the yaw stick during turns.  Set yaw to manual for a fixed wing.

4. Battery volts - sent to ground oplink
as discussed before...  :)

5. Compass heading - sent to ground oplink
There is no compass in the CC3D, but as long as the GPS is moving and using the "fixed wing constraint" that says that a fixed wing generally is moving in the direction it is pointed (except in high wind), the GPS telemetry has a Heading (System -> DataObjects -> GPSPositionSensor -> Heading)

Can you respond to me please at Andrew Rich [email protected]
The forum is here so everyone can help and get help from the questions and answers.  :)  I hope it is OK to answer here.