Speake

Motor and esc problem
« on: April 03, 2017, 08:07:24 pm »
Hi
I'm having trouble with my quad after fitting blheli 20a esc's and t motors 2204.
After setting up the cc3d from scratch and calibrating the esc's individually I can set the motor start point and accelerate the motors with the slider bar.
The problem comes when I use the transmitter the motors just shack and turn slowly. I have also redone the transmitter set up.
Any advice would be great.
Many thanks
Adam

Re: Motor and esc problem
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 06:56:25 pm »
I had that problem and it was the ESC firmware.  The problem is that the firmware does not do a good job of quickly starting the motor with a lot of power.  You must start it gently.

Sitting on a little slope, the lower motors would not start because they wanted to start with more power because of Attitude mode.

My temporary solution was to manually tilt it so that the lower motors were not lower any more.  You can tell which motor has the problem.  Just zero the throttle, make the stuttering motors a little higher and try gently to start the motors again.  After a few tries you will get all motors running at the same time.  For me, the motors ran fine after that.

The permanent solution was to flash the latest firmware (BLHeli or SimonK).