andre.g

(newbee question) brushless gimbal
« on: February 02, 2017, 10:04:49 am »
I saw that the flight controller can provide a camera stabilization, does it work only with normal servos or I can connect escs and brushless motors? I searched in documentation and opwiki but didn't find the answer. thank you

Re: (newbee question) brushless gimbal
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 10:27:02 am »
Servos only.

signal coming out is just the difference between frame bank angle and level.  If bank angle is large, signal is large.  If you connect ESC/motor it will always run fast when angle is large and will not know when to stop.

andre.g

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 11:21:33 am »
Thank you very much! Is there a great difference in video quality between digital servo and analog servo for gimbal?

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 11:41:03 am »
Thank you very much! Is there a great difference in video quality between digital servo and analog servo for gimbal?

As far as I know, video quality is determined by the camera's sensor ;) So in my humble opinion it's going to be the same. I don't know how both accurately keep image stabilized, I guess both analog/digital are good enough such that you would not notice the difference. I would just buy something that is commonly used by others.