Quad doesn't arm
« on: February 02, 2017, 01:45:23 pm »
Hello

I have build my first quad the last days and after setting up everything in LibrePilot the quad does not arm. I have tried aux channel 5 and also always armed, but both does not work. Yesterday arming worked, but I had connected two escs to the wrong output, so I did the setup again.

Hope you can help me

Mateusz

Re: Quad doesn't arm
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 01:58:17 pm »
  • Check Input->Configuration->Arming settings. When starting from scratch software resets arming switch to always disarmed. You have to set this again for example Yaw left.
  • You might introduced some flight mode that is not possible with your current settings. For example setting GPS modes without compatible navigation type won't allow arming.
  • Arming and flying is not allowed in certain flight-modes like altitude hold, gps modes or autotune. If this is your default mode, it wont arm. You need to arm and lift off with other flight-mode and then once in the air switch to mode which does not allow arming with it (warning: be sure it's configured correctly).
  • Check if all health system boxes are green, won't arm if anything is red. Hover mouse over red box to see description of problem.

Hope it helps.

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 02:19:56 pm »
  • arming is set to accessory0 which is channel 5 -> a leaver with two states
  • thrust is set to manual
  • the health boxes are all green

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 04:38:18 pm »
Your input channel max is not set correctly for your arming channel.  Maybe that is it.

Also, you don't have your motor neutrals set.  You probably need to calibrate ESCs also.

Personal preference, but if I only had 5 channels, I would use the 5th one for a flight mode switch instead of an arming switch.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 04:40:07 pm »
Like Cliff says, the Accessory0 values are not correct so you cannot arm as expected.
Please redo or do a TX Wizard.

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 05:32:19 pm »
Thank you, I set the arming to yaw left and everything works fine. Hovering works with my newbie skills :D but I think I train first with a sim.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 07:50:59 pm »
Yea, crashes are a bit less expensive on a sim.  :)