Stuart

Hi there, I've bought a HobbyKing eturbine without realising what was involved in setting it up! I've assembled and flown jets, gliders etc and flown drones, but I'm getting a bit frustrated trying to get this to work without any instructions or guidance particularly with wiring. I've configured the motors with the LibrePilot Setup Wizzard with success, but I'm having trouble with the Transmitter Setup Wizzard. If someone could have a look at the attached image and let me know if anything looks wrong I'd really appreciate it! I had one lead that didn't fit any of the connections so I'm not sure if they may have sent the wrong lead? Thank You.

Re: Transmitter Setup Wizard Not Responding with eturbine cc3d pls help!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 05:20:35 pm »
What trouble are you having with the transmitter setup wizard?

Electrical power is usually that the Battery powers the ESCs, the BECs in the ESCs reduce the voltage and give it to the FC via the servo connectors, and the FC passes that straight on to the RC receiver.

One common issue is that USB will not give power to the RC receiver.  You must have a flight battery plugged in too.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 06:41:08 pm »
Looks like you connect a JST - 4 pin connector into a 5 pin socket (Video transmitter), really strange.

What RC receiver to you use exactly ?

Stuart

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 12:23:04 pm »
Wow! I can't believe I put a 4pin plug in a 5 pin hole! Feeling stupid! I've never used these sort of plugs before so I've attached a pic of where it seems to fit properly.
Not sure where the red yellow green black plugs go though?
With the transmitter set up wizzerd, battery was in and had no problem setting up motors so hoping the wires are now in the right plug and just need to know where the coloured single wires go? Oh yes and I'm using a spectrum sat receiver.
Thankyou so much for taking the time to help me. Regards Stu.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:05:33 pm by f5soh »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 07:00:07 pm »
Not all wire / connectors need to be used.

Just connect your receiver (seems using all the wires, so PWM input) and nothing more.
Be sure the board is powered via Esc / +5V bec and receiver is alive.
Start the transmitter wizard, the receiver activity in Input tab tell you the active input and can give some info about Rc input status.

Stuart

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 11:19:00 am »
thanks so much for your help guys quad is now in the air and working perfect!
just unplugged some wires as suggested still trying to get some guidance from hobbyking how to wire up camera,thankx again stu