I think I will try the ef option and go for SBL procedure. This will have to wait until monday since I do not own a FTDI myself. I will post the result as soon as I tried it.
Michi
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:41:41 pm by gunslinger »
Maker: homebrewed 3D printed multicopters. Polar circle approved!

You know, you may be on to something.  It may have an old bootloader on it?

To replace the bootloader, the easy way is usual "emergency" (unplug, press rescue button, plug it in) rescue procedure, but flash the bu_revolution.opfw file.  That doesn't require that you do the SBL hassle.  After that, you will have to use emergency rescue procedure to flash the normal firmware.

Since my board goes into bootmode, the bootloader itself seems to work - but... as you stated, I assume that the existing bl might be not 100% compatible to OP/LP and therefore the upgrade process fails. I already tried the bootloader update/upgrade process and this is not working. The bootloader update does its job, but after flashing the regular firmware my Revo just boots in safe mode (already mentioned a while ago). Still only your one resurrection fw leads to repeated standard booting. Since I got not much to loose regarding this special fc I will go again for your proposition and try the bu several times.
In case there still is no progress I think I will do it the hard way with trial and error until I get the board into flash mode by shortening the pads and go for the SBL thing. I simply refuse to admit that I bought trash with no practical use  ;) I hope you are not annoyed by my posts.
Thank you for your repeated support - very much appeciated!
Michi
Edit: Just ordered a FTDI device. If I'm lucky it will arrive on tuesday. Will keep you updated if this brings me forward.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:04:14 pm by gunslinger »

Kgb1

Looks like OP bootloader is not supported anymore by Cleanflight, since https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/releases/tag/v1.11.0

If you are able to flash cleanflight using a Ftdi, you can return to LP bootloader flashing a bl_cc3d.bin or a ef_coptercontrol.bin. See download page on Wiki.

LOL....thanks for your help.

Just a quick update. I just received a new board and was able to flash it.  It was definitely related issue that prevented my first board from flashing.

Thanks for all the help!!

Best Regards
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 01:49:02 am by Kgb1 »

Just got my FTDI today - prepared hard- and software for tomorrow's operation!
Michi

Of course I tried Raceflight on my OP Revo (no clone) and of course I got stuck on Raceflight (which was not a big problem at that time).
I tried flashing the latest LP bootlaoder but the problem remained...

LOL and while I was lurking around for something new on LP forums I found this post by coincidence. This totally unbricked my Revo. I just flashed "fw_revolution_resurrect2-1.opfw" to my hardware via USB/GCS and I also installed the latest LP firmware to the board. Everything is back to normal. :)
Thank you very much.

First attempt to flash the Revo with my FTDI was a success. The rest more or less a failure. The standard LP fw simply refuses to work on my board. Both standard resurrection firmwares do let my board boot. But GPS still is not recognised. Neither the Neo7N nor the Ublox 6 I own (it definitely works on my multiwii pro board). All standard firmwares state my board running while connecting to the PC - no status display only log report. Resurrection firmwares first state bootloader, then running and show system status. I definitely think this board is crappy regarding GPS functionality. I will at least try to fly it.
Michi

skullq

I bought Sparky2.0 Clone from Banggood and tried to flash with OP. It was successful.
After couple of flashing, led always solid green and no blue led blinking at all. In addition to this, when I connected Sparky2.0 to PC, PC didn't recognize it.
Can i recover it with unbricking bootloader?
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:13:28 am by skullq »

A simple question here: does GPS functionalty only kicks in when a RX is installed and adjusted? I did not connect a receiver to the Revo clone yet...
Michi

First attempt to flash the Revo with my FTDI was a success. The rest more or less a failure. The standard LP fw simply refuses to work on my board. Both standard resurrection firmwares do let my board boot. But GPS still is not recognised. Neither the Neo7N nor the Ublox 6 I own (it definitely works on my multiwii pro board). All standard firmwares state my board running while connecting to the PC - no status display only log report. Resurrection firmwares first state bootloader, then running and show system status. I definitely think this board is crappy regarding GPS functionality. I will at least try to fly it.
Michi

Did you try fw_revolution_resurrect2-1509.opfw from the resurrect thread?  I coded that to be exactly 15.09 but with resurrect built in.  If resurrect firmware runs on your Revo board, then this should run and is 15.09 so you can use it?

One other thing.  A friend bought a Revo clone and the mainport was bad but flexiport worked.  It turned out that mainport had tiny tiny solder short (could only see with jeweler's loupe).  I removed short and now it works well.  Try the other port to see if GPS works on it.  You should be able to erase settings, set Hardware page to say which port the GPS is on, save it.  Plug GPS into that port, power off and on and see that GPS is recognized in system health (anything but red X is good).  I assume that you have a Ublox GPS, and made a cable for it.  Also, one common thing is that user makes cable with Rx and Tx backwards.  You might try swapping pins 3 and 4 in GPS cable (carefully lift tiny tiny plastic flap in connector only far enough to slide pin out).  Does GPS have an LED that comes on so you know it has power?  Some only have an LED that comes on when it has a good fix.

Actually I think I left out the special *resurrect2-1509.opfw wit the latest attempts. I also tried connecting the GPS to the Flexiport with no success, repeatedly swapping the RX/TX wires. I will have a closer look on the board and look for solder shorts. The Neo7 GPS that came with the Revo does get a 3D fix when powered and I just got a confirmation for the Neo7: it works well on my new SP Racing board!
Thanks for your help!
Michi

Update: I tried the special *resurrect2-1509.opfw on my board. No success. Only both standard resurrection fw's are working. Still no GPS functionality. I tried to setup the Revo clone for normal flight operation by starting the vehicle setup wizard. I was able to perform the adjustments but the final save operation of LibrePilot software failed repeatedly (defective memory?). Also I do not get any RC input on PPM, will try PWM now and see what happens next.
Michi

My Revo Nano is bricked .The only light that is lit is solid green when connected to the USB.I can't get it to connect with the GCS,won't recognize the board.
Iv'e tried deleting and re-installing the drivers.Does anyone know how to resolve this issue.Thank You !

I bricked my Revo Nano
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2016, 05:04:00 pm »
I bricked my Revo Nano, and my PC and GSC does not recognize it.There is only 1 solid green light when connected to the USB .
No other light lit.Does anyone know how to fix this problem.If I short the SBL pins the Device Manager shows an STMbootloader in the list.