Actually even the paralyzed watchdog is keen enough to refuse the board to boot - I have to replace this fc with a proper working one. Tried your modified watchdog fw thrice - no booting except after rescue and safe boot. So your resurrection firmware remains as the one and only bootable one. If you are interested I can send the Revo to by post. For me it is useless since I got 2 working CC3Ds and want a PosHold capable controller.
Thanks for your efforts.
Michi
Maker: homebrewed 3D printed multicopters. Polar circle approved!

so which firmware was it that runs?

JaeMelo

I just discovered something tonight after assembling another revo and fixing a member from RCGroup's dead revo. If the resurrection FW doesn't work its the 16MB SPI flash chip on the rear side thats the problem... As soon as I swapped that out with a known working one the board lives..

As a matter of fact not one of the flash chips that I've received from Digikey seem to work properly from the OP Revo BOM Spreadsheet. I usually end up using a clone's flash chip instead. Its like I can't get them to cooperate with the board.

Is there another way to get these chips to work outside of the GCS update procedure and that DFU util program?!

One and only firmware working with my strangely behaving Revo is the fw_revolution_resurrect2.opwf (size 221KB). With this fw the board boots up alone and the parameters I changed seem to stay saved.
Michi
Maker: homebrewed 3D printed multicopters. Polar circle approved!

Kgb1

There is no changes from OP BL to LP BL.
You should be able to update BL without any SBL soldering stuff.
Just rescue and flash Bu_coptercontrol.opfw

Rescue still works ?
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-UpdateBootloaderandUpdatefirmware

Yes Rescue still works and I can use BU anytime. My objective is to check if I could flash a .hex file into the board.  If I am not mistaken, the .hex file should be a combination of new BL and firmware.

I currently have LP flashed and functional in the card.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Witch hex file are you talking ?

Kgb1

Witch hex file are you talking ?

It is a .hex file released by BetaFlight.  I wanted to use it for my ER250 because of better PID  and other tuning.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Better ask support in Betaflight forum, if i remember at some point cleanflight used the same bootloader so the switch OP/LP to cleanflight was easy.

Don't know if changed.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Looks like OP bootloader is not supported anymore by Cleanflight, since https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/releases/tag/v1.11.0

If you are able to flash cleanflight using a Ftdi, you can return to LP bootloader flashing a bl_cc3d.bin or a ef_coptercontrol.bin. See download page on Wiki.

Kgb1

Looks like OP bootloader is not supported anymore by Cleanflight, since https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/releases/tag/v1.11.0

If you are able to flash cleanflight using a Ftdi, you can return to LP bootloader flashing a bl_cc3d.bin or a ef_coptercontrol.bin. See download page on Wiki.

LOL....thanks for your help.

Will this work with Nano as well?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
For ? Flash ?

Unbricking a Nano, I have solid green light no matter what I do. I tried to flash and saw this

Code: [Select]
~/Downloads/all_fw1509/bl_revonano  sudo st-flash write bl_revonano.bin 0x8000000
2016-01-21T22:59:44 INFO src/stlink-usb.c: -- exit_dfu_mode
2016-01-21T22:59:44 INFO src/stlink-common.c: Loading device parameters....
2016-01-21T22:59:44 INFO src/stlink-common.c: Device connected is: F4 device (low power) - stm32f411re, id 0x10006431
2016-01-21T22:59:44 INFO src/stlink-common.c: SRAM size: 0x20000 bytes (128 KiB), Flash: 0x80000 bytes (512 KiB) in pages of 16384 bytes
2016-01-21T22:59:44 INFO src/stlink-common.c: Attempting to write 32768 (0x8000) bytes to stm32 address: 134217728 (0x8000000)
EraseFlash - Sector:0x0 Size:0x4000
Flash page at addr: 0x08000000 erasedEraseFlash - Sector:0x1 Size:0x4000
Flash page at addr: 0x08004000 erased
2016-01-21T22:59:45 INFO src/stlink-common.c: Finished erasing 2 pages of 16384 (0x4000) bytes
2016-01-21T22:59:45 INFO src/stlink-common.c: Starting Flash write for F2/F4/L4
2016-01-21T22:59:45 INFO src/stlink-common.c: Successfully loaded flash loader in sram
enabling 32-bit flash writes
size: 32768
2016-01-21T22:59:53 ERROR src/stlink-common.c: flash loader run error
2016-01-21T22:59:53 ERROR src/stlink-common.c: run_flash_loader(0x8000000) failed! == -1
stlink_fwrite_flash() == -1

f5soh

• LibrePilot
dfu-util + sbl pads

see first post

Automatic unbricking is currently scheduled to be part of next release (release is getting really big :) ).

@gunslinger I am confused.  the resurrect 15.09 that I built for you is supposed to have the same resurrect code that fw_revolution_resurrect2.opfw has

When you come from some other brand of firmware, you will need to do SBL procedure and flash either bl_xxx.bin (bl is raw bootloader, then you must do emergency rescue procedure to add firmware) or ef_xxx.bin (entire flash, means bootloader and firmware).  This is required, unless you know that the brand you came from has a bootloader that is compatible with LP/OP.  I hear that the one brand that had compatible bootloader does not have it any more, so you always must use SBL procedure to switch brands.

@viperz28 I have never run across a bricked nano, but it seems possible if you enable flight side logging.  FYI if you leave SBL shorted out, you will have just green.  SBL must be unsoldered after the procedure.  I recommend that you try SBL with ef_revonano_resurrect2_1509.bin (I attached some nano firmwares to the first post).  Be aware that some versions of flashing tools don't print anything and bl files are small and thus fast to flash, but ef files are big and if the flasher looks locked up, you should give it 15 minutes and it will finish.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:49:29 am by TheOtherCliff »