Compiled Librepilot missing gadgets
« on: May 27, 2016, 11:16:47 am »
Hello!
After hours and hours of reading and preparing the enviroment and compiling I have managed to make it work :)
If i installed Librepilot and started it i got an error message that PfdQml.dll can't be used...
I have to run the exe fom the build directory and then i don't get the message.
The first time i started the librepilot everything was working great... Then i was changing some gadgets (can't remember which one i sellected) and Librepilot chrashed.
Then I started it again and the 3D Model View and PFD were missing!

Is this an issue or did I screw up something?

Thank you!

P.S. I tried to compile the code on 3 different computers and always i got the same error message. "no rule to make..." In all cases i had to manualy copy (and find on the web) libnettle-6-1.dll and libhogweed-4-1.dll (C:\msys32\mingw32\bin)
What did i miss that i dont have these files?

Thank you!

Jhinta

Re: Compiled Librepilot missing gadgets
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 02:01:30 pm »
first thing you do is to reset the gui file->gcs inport->reset-config

also still try to fix your own build -> but precompiled are here if you like (winx64 only)
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=1110.msg11475#msg11475
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:06:03 pm by Jhinta »

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 02:20:49 pm »
If only i knew someone was compiling for us:) no harm done... Atleast i learned something while compiling it myself;)

But still why do i get those dll errors?

Thank you for your help!

Jhinta

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 02:28:58 pm »
most of the time you're simply missing a dependency, overlooked line, not updated, etc

witch guid did you use?

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 03:39:54 pm »
this one:

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Windows+Building+and+Packaging#WindowsBuildingandPackaging-For32bit

i was reading something on the forum... the update-core doesn't seem to work anymore... maybe i overlooked that... someone said that the command was removed and we should use  pacman -Syu or -Syuu i can't remember

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 03:42:27 pm »
i tried the reset and it didn't work... I will uninstall my build and download the one you have provided me.
thank you!

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 07:31:50 pm »
i installed the pre-compiled version.. it doesn't work Visual Studio debugger throvs an error "Unhandled exception at 0x0000000000F36AC1 (Qt5Gui.dll) in librepilot-gcs.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000018."

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 07:45:03 pm »
Why you want to debug using Visual Studio ?

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 10:33:24 pm »
by mistake :) i had it installed and it automaticaly went into debugging :)

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 09:29:15 pm »
Reinstalled msys2 and re-made the whole enviroment... still not working the gadgets are missing.. where are these gadgets located?
I installed the pre-compiled file from the link above and i'm getting an error with the Qt5Gui.dll ... i copied the dll form my own build and it started normaly... now i can see the PFD gadget but when i select it the page si blank white... so no luck :(

hwh

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 09:35:38 pm »
Did you start it with the -reset argument or use file -> GCS settings import/export -> Reset config?

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2016, 09:54:29 pm »
 import/export -> Reset config

i found some files in appdata/roaming/ and i deleted librepilotCGS.xml and librepilotCGS.db and then if I start LP 15.09 and everything works... then i uninstalled 15.09 and installed (i ran it from the build folder) my compiled version the gadgets are missing even with the reset ... then i installed the 15.09 version again and there the gadgets are missing. Then i had to uninstall 15.09 and delete the files in Appdata/roaming and reinstall 15.09 and then they work again...

something is wrong with the build

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2016, 09:56:15 pm »
And i fried my Revo mini :( this moon is killing me :(

hwh

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 10:28:08 pm »
And i fried my Revo mini :( this moon is killing me :(
Fried as in smoke came out and no LEDs come on anymore?  Or as in won't connect to GCS?

Next is really the development version, normally only compiled by the developers.  It's occasionally broken for a short time on one platform or another (usually Windows) when changes are made.  My linux box compiles fine.  It'll get fixed in the next few days.

This is an unusual situation where so many people are trying to compile it to get the aux mag feature.

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2016, 11:03:14 pm »
This is an unusual situation where so many people are trying to compile it to get the aux mag feature.
And I am one of them ;)

The main chip fried... my fault fully... I made an Arduino that is fed with telemetry data from the FC. I did this because i wanted custom LED statuses (MAG fault, GPS status, Arming). I know about the WS2812 feature but i dont like the message styles.. I can make multiple LED, each for its own alarm... Or an LCD ;) i like to make things ;) also the Arduino was made to monitor battery voltage. CC3D does not support a buzzer. So i made my own. It counts the number of cells and it calculates the Warning voltage and the Alarm voltage...

I was fast and stupid and i missed a pin for monitoring. I connected GND of the arduino to the Vbat. That made the Vbat go directly to the RX and TX lines of the Flexi port... Now there is a little hole in the processor :( i Think the arduino survived but i can't be sure... Need a new FC to test :)