Daxo

Where to download Libre Pilot GCS
« on: September 20, 2015, 06:29:58 pm »
As title says, can someone please give me directions where I can find the Libre Pilot GCS download file.

I've just replaced my naze32 with CC3D Evo on my Defiance build and would love to run LP fw.

Any advise on how to use it with Frsky D4R-II receiver in PPM would be of great help too. Appreciated ;)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 06:35:28 pm by Daxo »
Innovation Matters

Re: Where to download Libre Pilot GCS
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 07:02:49 pm »
They have not made an official release yet. From what I understand it should be ready soon.

ArnhemAnt

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 02:11:55 pm »
It is very close. The developers have been working hard on fine tuning a lot of cool stuff and our Flight Test Team will then get their hands on it to test the living daylights out of it, prior to it being released to the public.

I know there are a LOT of people out there eagerly waiting for the release - it is on the way so keep your eyes on the forum.
If you do what you need, you’re surviving. If you do what you want, you’re living.

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 02:23:48 pm »
You have pm Dragomir.

Daxo

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 05:44:04 pm »
That's great to hear, looking forward to the release! :)

Now I need to figure out how to connect the D4R-II properly to the cc3d, btw can I use any motor output + - pins for powering the board?

Just checked the pm, thx Paolo ;)
Innovation Matters

Daxo

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 06:44:25 pm »
Did I set it correctly for the DR4-II - ppm? Using DYS 20A esc with blh oneshot.

Innovation Matters

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 08:01:34 pm »
Yes, perfect for Oneshot.

You need to remove white wire from pin3 and put wire from pin8 for PPM.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:05:42 pm by f5soh »

Daxo

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 08:16:06 pm »
Thanks mate, I did just that and it works ;)

Just to make sure, in the output tab it should look like this right, ppm - ppm - pwm - pwm? attached a screenshot of my output setting

Working on flight modes, I'm mostly interested in rate mode so I set all to rate for 1st switch pos and I included another mode for sw pos2 to experiment with settings. Attachment 2.

Again, i really appreciate your help guyz and hope once I'm over the basics i'll be able to help other newcomers as well :)
Innovation Matters

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 08:36:43 pm »
Yes, output is Ok

Two first banks are used for motors (Oneshot125) and next bank3 and bank4 are not used (default PWM).

Flight modes looks good, if you are not so experienced using Rate you can also try RateTrainer (same as Rate but max bank angles limited)

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 09:29:51 pm »
Dragomir is experienced enough to try acro+ in my opinion  :)

Daxo

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 09:37:57 pm »
Yeah I've noticed that, the trainer option along with many others. Have to say that the features advanced really far in the last few years.

I still need to get my bird in the air and push it hard in rate mode to compare it to naze but so far it is truly impressive how user friendly the whole thing is.

Have to crash for the night, can't wait to finish up the build tomorrow and get it flying :)

@Paolo

Time will tell :D

Innovation Matters

Daxo

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 05:50:32 pm »
Just did a maiden flight, all seams very locked in and flew alright on stock pids despite moderate wind.

I've noticed it yaws left on throttle punch, need to read more on that matter. Also it was kinda slow for me, I'm guessing it has something to do with 'responsiveness' set to moderate.

I've used HQ 5x4.5 BN props and it felt underpowered, will first try to set responsiveness to Snappy to get the sense of what does it mean before going for 6x4.5's.

All in all, even on moderate responsiveness it felt locked in and perfectly flyable in wind on generic settings. So +1 for now! ;D

Few shoots of the rig ;)
Innovation Matters

MickD

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 10:13:56 pm »
Is the planned LibrePilot GCS going to be the same as OP 15.02.02 or will there be any updates or changes to it?

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 10:57:59 pm »
Hi

There are changes for sure. I would recommend you to look here: https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/pull-requests/?displaystatus=merged to see what has been added since we started LibrePilot.

Cheers
/F

ArnhemAnt

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 11:38:07 pm »
Just did a maiden flight, all seams very locked in and flew alright on stock pids despite moderate wind.
Few shoots of the rig ;)

Dude. That's a real nice build. You mention it being 'underpowered'? What is your All Up Weight, and are you running 3s or 4s for power?

I really like the look of that frame. Nice touch going with all black as colour too.
If you do what you need, you’re surviving. If you do what you want, you’re living.