f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3D Bricked
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2016, 07:13:38 pm »
Looks really strange...
If the blue led behavior matches the video posted in second post of this thread the only issue i see is driver to be uninstalled.

After you uninstalled the driver and connect board again, System tell you a new device is detected ?
Try removing all driver related to cc3d device, there is a composite and a com port.

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2016, 12:45:15 am »
Additionally, I know you said that USB cable is good one, but I would try another one too. Just to be sure. You probably have plenty of them, in some drawer. Just to rule out that one.

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2016, 09:25:51 am »
Hi No config, very pleased to see you here.

Try manual update:
- Disconnect board
- Hit Upgrade&Ěrase button
- Connect board
- Wait one minute

Be sure there is only one board connected to computer, just in case...

Describe led behavior after you power the board.

Woohoo! this worked, back in business!  :)

the other day I was so frustrated and worn out from messing with the computer and drivers that I called it quits right before you posted this.
Really, I was about to toss it, but then thought to give this a try since it only takes a minute.
it took 2 attempts before it took the firmware.
The first attempt, it got stuck in reboot.
So it is back online but I have not finished programming.
Just need to get the ppm mode going and see the channel movements on computer.
That was the whole problem in the first place, no radio com................

thank you very much S5soh, and everyone else, at least it is not a brick anymore.
just need to figure out the programming and get radio to register.

hwh

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2016, 01:59:55 pm »
As you configure and proceed further ask questions as soon as something doesn't work for you, don't keep at it alone. There's usually a simple answer that someone in the forums knows.  Some of the people here have been using the software for years.  Others (not me) even wrote a large percentage of the software and firmware.

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2016, 05:09:15 pm »
I sure will!  Probably won't have another chance until tomorrow night. 
Thanks again!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2016, 07:14:11 pm »
That a good news  :D

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2016, 06:23:28 am »
Yes, I am anxious now to finish setup and try and fly this 250 quad.  I do have plenty of quad piloting experience, just not much gyro setup know-how. I am very sure I will need assistance to finish the job.  Will report back tomorrow nite.  :)

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2016, 05:29:51 am »
a couple questions before I get started again.
I am using a Spektrum DX8 with the LemonRX 8CH-PPM receiver.
Is there somewhere in either LibreFlight or CC3D manual that goes over radio setup?
or maybe a vid?
The other boards I have used in the past work in acro mode with variations on switches, travel, etc.

jbarchuk

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2016, 06:30:34 am »
I am using a Spektrum DX8 with the LemonRX 8CH-PPM receiver.
Is there somewhere in either LibreFlight or CC3D manual that goes over radio setup?
or maybe a vid?
The other boards I have used in the past work in acro mode with variations on switches, travel, etc.

The Tx wizard will ask you to 'toggle your flight mode switch.' You don't need to name it explicity it will detect 'a' switch being toggled and later you should find it applied to the Input - RC Input screen on the line labeled Flight Mode.

Then in Input - Flight Mode Switch Positions, at the top left, as you toggle the switch, you should see the slider switch between Pos 1 and Pos 2 (and Pos 3 if you use a 3-position switch. IF THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN THEN STOP and go back to find out where the Input- RC Input - Input Channel Configuration chart don't line up.

In that top section of Flight Mode Switch Positions you can set each switch position to the 'Stabilized(x)' as related to the chart below that named Stabilization Modes Configuration. In that char you can select between the whole list of modes, for each of pitch, roll, yaw, and throttle.

It's a tad intricate but that makes it very configurable.

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2016, 07:55:42 pm »
Thanks for that jbarchuk! 
Did not get a chance to work on it last night.
hopefully tonight

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2016, 01:26:16 am »
Not going well, same as last time.
The on screen instructions leave so much out.
For instance, what is the motor calibration all about?
It says to slide the control up until motors start then press stop.  Is that it?

Not getting radio communication.
in radio setup stick calibration it starts with throttle stick but nothing is registering.
I have picked the appropriate selections for ppm and esc.

How can I test a ppm receiver?
This really sucks, everything i am trying does not work
I'm thinking of just going back to the KK2 there is too much guess work with this fc

this is double frustrating because the reason I am trying this CC3D is because I could not get the Naze32 going.
everyone says it is so easy but all I get is failure
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 01:31:07 am by no config »

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2016, 01:44:55 am »
please, could someone recommend a video that goes over this setup on Libre Pilot and the CC3D?
All the vids I have seen so far have not been basically worthless, they show how to flash firmware and stop there.

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2016, 02:02:53 am »
I am following the setup wizard, but how can it go to stick calibration when i have not even set up channels??
I think this wizard is more like a dunce.
How can it get me to start stick calibration when i have not even setup radio?
What is going on, is there another way to do this than the stupid wizard?

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2016, 02:06:54 am »
there are vids doing the Revolution. so can I follow one of those vids?
Does the Revo setup the same? 
Man this is so frustrating, nothing is working, and everything is brand new!

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2016, 02:09:41 am »
Would it be easier to go back to the last Openpilot firmware and just use Openpilot?
I really don't care about having the latest firmware.
I just need something to start cooperating for a change before i smash this thing