Re: CC3D Bricked
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2016, 03:31:47 pm »
Hi Guys,

OK I have the exact same problem as describe in the first page  ==> CC3D seem to be bricked and I when I connect the CC3D Librepilot only show data for TX port with value 24 and 48.

I try in an other computer and everything is working FINE. So I'm sure this is a windows drivers issue and not the CC3D.

It's very strange as originally the port was working correctly and next morning (I guess after a reboot) everything stopped working. I'm running Windows 10.
I troubleshot: 
- Uninstall / reinstall Virtual COM drivers.
- Try uninstall and instead drivers from:  http://www2.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-    tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-utilities/stsw-stm32102.html

- Confirm the parameters are exactly same on both computers  (Bits par seconds (try multiple value), data bits = 8, parity = none, stop bit = 1, flow control = none, select in advance Use FIFO buffers and received buffers = high14 transmit buffer = high16.

I can't solve the problem ann I know it's possible as it work the first time on my computer. Any idea how to solve this?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2016, 03:40:32 pm »
Hi, welcome.

Procedure for reinstalling drivers is described here:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting

You just need to locate the right "USB Composite Device" linked with your board and uninstall it.

Virtual com port is only used while USB VCP port is set to Combridge or USB telemetry so uninstall VCP driver do not help at all in this case.

« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2016, 03:52:29 pm »
Thanks so Much for your hep! It's working now.

I was unistalling the USB serial device (In the COM port menu) instead of the USB Composite Device.  :o

I guess i'm not the first one doing this error! How can I suggest to add a note in the troubleshooting guide to avoid new confusion ?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2016, 04:02:54 pm »
Added some warnings...

bmw111

« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2016, 08:11:12 pm »
I have to send a "thank you" to no config for a humorous read. Not to laugh at others' misfortune, but it was pretty funny watching how in each successive post you got more and more angry and started calling names and making threats to "smash" it. "Hulk smash!" ;D

Anyway, glad you eventually got it working. I'm currently going through some frustrations but am sure it will get sorted out with the help of the experts on here.

RobC62

« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2016, 10:44:29 pm »
+1 on that!

Amazing that the firmware was blamed. A long time ago I had almost identical issues with OpenPilot on a CC3D Atom. Reading the docs/troubleshooting gave the answers. Never had to resort to giving as much grief out as seen here!

It does make great reading though! heh heh!

« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2016, 05:29:30 pm »
LOL! You are welcome guys!  glad i could give a laugh.
Apologies to all
yeah, I was a bit out of control, very frustrated, but I am better now.  :)

In the manual it shows ppm input on ch1
Is this the same for S.Bus?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2016, 05:41:40 pm »
Welcome back No config :)

Go to this page and scroll to receiver/ part, there is sbus examples for connection.
Sbus is connected to MainPort
There is also a diagram for how to connect receiver on resume page while using setup Wizard.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/CC+Hardware+Configuration

« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2016, 05:56:49 pm »
thank you sir!
i will have a look.
I am on a second unit for someone else and they have the Taranis with the X8R
This Taranis is some radio.  Does everything!

« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2016, 06:31:41 am »
could anyone recommend a good link for setup on Taranis radio?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:04:10 am by no config »

« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2016, 01:56:58 am »
need some assistance please with this setup on a taranis.
I have assigned ch 1-8 and have used the Transmitter Setup Wizard on Libre Pilot and assigned switches, but the switches are not moving on Fight Mode screen.
What is the trick to getting Ch5-6-7-8 to show up on screen??

« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2016, 02:40:13 am »
never mind guys, figured it out.
I had to do a manual calibration and now they are moving onscreen

jbarchuk

« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2016, 05:13:28 am »
never mind guys, figured it out.

For future reference, you'd very likely get a much faster / more accurate response from rcgroups.com and a taranis-specific thread. This being a LP-specific site your chance of a fast/good answer is much slimmer. On the opposite side of the coin I would NEVER think of asking an LP Q at RCG.

« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2016, 05:56:31 am »
got it, thanks
was not quite sure were to post on help with Taranis setup for CC3D, because i did not want to get this same reaction from them.
It was an issue with the LP anyway, not the Taranis

jbarchuk

« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2016, 07:43:17 am »
got it, thanks
was not quite sure were to post on help with Taranis setup for CC3D, because i did not want to get this same reaction from them.
It was an issue with the LP anyway, not the Taranis

You're correct. I glossed over the Q too quickly and didn't see the meaning behind it and here was the 'most correct' place to ask.

One thing to look at on the Tx side, and to mention in Q that it works, is that there -should- be a screen that reports servo motion in relation to stick and switches motion. That confirms that signals are at least -trying- to go out the desired channels.

Also yeah, anything beyond what's configged in the wizards needs to be done manually. Or things that don't 'fit' the standard wizard options. Actually the wizards are a nice convenience but -everything- they do can be done manually.