f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Confused...(newbie)
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2016, 09:28:08 pm »
F5soh.. the rx is bound to the tx no problem. in the pic the light isn't on because at that time the lipo wasn't connected. the pic was just to show the connection arrangement.. which is as described in this screen shot.. :)

Thanks, i know the screenshot :)
You didn't mention flying wing, or i miss.
No issue you can use pin8 also , set PPM-ONeshot and didn't use oneshot for motor

But i'm pretty sure you don't connect your receiver correctly.
The PPM signal is outputted on servo connector 1.
Connect a jumper between the top pins of servo connector 3 and 4

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:33:37 pm by f5soh »

lucas

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2016, 09:56:31 pm »
oink, take a look at the image attached.  (Nevermind I´m using frSky)  You should bind the signals on channel 3 and 4 and connect Pin 8 on the atom to Channel 1 on your receiver (White Cable).

btw F5soh codes for LibrePilot and he recently updated the Wing Wizzard Setup, so you are getting help from the direct source  :)

oink

• Wight Air Wrecks.
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2016, 10:00:55 pm »
I think I'm are SLOWLY getting there.. lead from rx to atom now on input 1. a link fitted between signal outputs on 3 & 4.  now, with everything powered if i pick up the model the control surfaces move, ( the wrong way, but that's just a side issue).  I have set hardware to pin8_ppm+oneshot.    The ref to pin 8 is still confusing me now though..   I still get nothing working on the TX calibrate pages though.  :'(
I think the flying wing ref was right at the start of the thread.
To Infinity and beyond!

lucas

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2016, 10:08:14 pm »
PIN 8.  lilac on the picture.   

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2016, 10:10:51 pm »
I think the flying wing ref was right at the start of the thread.

Sorry again, i answer some amount of questions here.

oink

• Wight Air Wrecks.
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2016, 03:16:27 pm »
Okay guys.. I REALLY am trying to understand this, but I am failing miserably...  I have fitted a jumper between the signal pins of outputs 3 & 4. Connected the red/black/white connector to output 1, as per Lucas's photo.  when i pick up the plane the servo's chatter and move the controls, the horizons move etc etc. There is an intermittent beep from the esc, about  every 10 seconds or so when the plane is sat still on the desk.   The tx and rx are bound, but I only get one green bar up on the TX bar at the bottom of the screen  and as before, the TX calibration screen does nothing, just sits on the ... move throttle stick.. scene. Obviously something isn't seeing the TX, or so I'm guessing.  Hardware is set to ppm+one shot. baud rate 56000, .. As i said before, if i take the atom out of play and just connect everything direct it all works, so all the individual components are fine..... 
It's just the calibration screen that I can't make work.. when i look at the flight data page, on the alarms box, the input bar is showing Orange, not green..                       Beginning to get a headache now, from constantly banging my head on the desk....  >:(
To Infinity and beyond!

Mateusz

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2016, 04:04:48 pm »
Okay guys.. I REALLY am trying to understand this, but I am failing miserably...  I have fitted a jumper between the signal pins of outputs 3 & 4. Connected the red/black/white connector to output 1, as per Lucas's photo.  when i pick up the plane the servo's chatter and move the controls, the horizons move etc etc. There is an intermittent beep from the esc, about  every 10 seconds or so when the plane is sat still on the desk.   The tx and rx are bound, but I only get one green bar up on the TX bar at the bottom of the screen  and as before, the TX calibration screen does nothing, just sits on the ... move throttle stick.. scene. Obviously something isn't seeing the TX, or so I'm guessing.  Hardware is set to ppm+one shot. baud rate 56000, .. As i said before, if i take the atom out of play and just connect everything direct it all works, so all the individual components are fine..... 
It's just the calibration screen that I can't make work.. when i look at the flight data page, on the alarms box, the input bar is showing Orange, not green..                       Beginning to get a headache now, from constantly banging my head on the desk....  >:(

• Green input - Transmitter is powered, receiver connected and model is selected in OpenTX. Revolution is receiving pulses from Transmiter via connected receiver
  • Orange input - Transmitter is NOT powered, no input signal received (or fail-safe)
  • Red input - No channel input configured

By the way health statuses are best explained by your best friend Wiki https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/SystemHealth
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:15:39 pm by Mateusz »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2016, 04:13:04 pm »
Post a picture again and config file here

File > Export UAV settings

oink

• Wight Air Wrecks.
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2016, 07:37:16 pm »
Thanks guys.. I'm away for a couple of days, I'll  get back to this after the weekend.. Thanks for persisting with me!!  Much appreciated..
 :) :) :)
To Infinity and beyond!

jbarchuk

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2016, 01:58:40 am »
There is an intermittent beep from the esc, about  every 10 seconds or so when the plane is sat still on the desk.

This is a detail unrelated to your other Qs but for completeness... the 10 sec beep is the 'armed' signal.

QC102

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2016, 12:29:23 pm »
Hi Mateusz.....

Thanks for replying.. Right... I started out with open pilot, but today when i tried to work on it, it wouldn't flash the firmware, just kept timing out.

I have recently rescued what I thought were three defective CC3D Evo boards - I found the the timing out is usually due to not having  the USB driver functioning.  It took a while and repeated rounds  of Rescue and I even used appdelete ( iMac) to get rid of the  application and downloaded LP  and re-installed. It still came back to a time out until I got the USB driver sorted.
I don't know if its relevant but I  used the  bottom Firmware link  and worked from there.
I am a bit new to all this - so maybe its a bit of newbie luck  that got me  there finally...

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2016, 10:36:00 pm »
Guys, I found the solution!!!

It was easier for me because I had the same problem so I could do several tests and try the solutions mentioned before.
Turns out you're all barking at the wrong tree. The problem isn't the CC3D, it's the PC.

@f5soh, install OpenPilot on a different computer and you'll see everything will work correctly.

I don't know exactly what's wrong with my PC (it might be some driver but I didn't have the time to uninstall it yet).
I'll post more updates once I find it.