liftbag

• LibrePilot
Introducing Flight Test Team
« on: July 26, 2015, 12:26:04 am »
Flight Test Team membership

Hi all.

We have recently established the LibrePilot Flight Test Team.

The developers are working hard to release the first LibrePilot GCS, which re-adds support for the CC3D board in addition to other, new features. Feedback on how these features work are needed and the Flight Test Team (FTT) is a great way to help out.

Currently, the team consists of a few contributors who previously participated in OpenPilot testing. We need to enlarge the testing phase to include more operating systems, as well as to include a wider range of hardware and vehicles.

Please understand that testing flight software is dangerous. You can seriously damage your model or hurt yourself. Precautions must be taken to limit the risks. We sometimes damage an aircraft while testing software, but the satisfaction of having contributed to a stable release far exceeds the hassle of repairing a broken copter.

Therefore, we ask those wishing to actively participate in the growth of LibrePilot via helping out in the FTT, to state below that they want to join.

Those who will be part of the FTT will have access to a board called Flight Test Team. In the FTT board, developers will present software and firmware to be tested. It will be the place to provide feedback to developers. The board will be private for safety reasons, due to the availability of untested software.

Please provide a description of your experience level, hardware you can test, vehicles you plan to test with and supported operating systems you can test on.

Supported hardware:
CC3D, Revolution, Nano (Revolution Nano), OPLink, Non-OP telemetry, OP GPS (any version), Non-OP uBlox GPS, MinimOSD/MinOpOsd.

Supported operating systems:
  • Windows: XP or newer.
  • Linux: Ubuntu 14.04 or newer, Debian 7 or newer, Mint 17 or newer, Arch Linux, Fedora.
  • OSX.

Thanks to all the fearless who want to help us!

The LibrePilot team
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 10:58:25 pm by liftbag »

ArnhemAnt

Re: Introducing Flight Test Team
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 01:15:59 am »
Hell yeah. Count me in.

I have participated in flight testing before and I am well aware of the potential for things to go 'pear shaped'.
I have both quads and tricopters of all sizes. My main test frame is a 330 size quad fitted with Revo and V9 GPS.
I have CC, CC3D, and Revo boards, both with the V9 and V8 GPS and I also have a few OpLink's as well, though I haven't used these (OpLink) for some time.
I mainly run all my gear on a mac (both desktop tower and laptop) and I am running 10.9.5. I also have a windoze laptop that I can use if I have to.
If you do what you need, you’re surviving. If you do what you want, you’re living.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 01:40:27 am »
I'd like to be a part of this team.  Actually i use a cc3d fc with cgs on windows vista o.s. i haven't partecipated in flight testing before. I have two mini racers class 250 and one 280 with atom. And i'll realize a mini exacopter with revo board. Sometimes i fly with some appassionate friends.

jochene

• Modellheliflieger
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 08:54:23 am »
Hello There,

I fly models been working for almost 40 years. At the moment I'm experimenting with a Heli 450 and CC3D.
For professional reasons, I can not be every day at the airfield, but would love to try the team support. In all my heli a FBL system is installed .
My English is not very good, for translations, I use Google as one can certainly read here .
I work with Win8.1 und in the next time with Win10.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:26:28 am by jochene »
Gruß
Jochen
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet darf diese auch behalten.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

simonarvestrand

• FPV All Day Long
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 08:54:51 am »
Done it before so why don't do it again. :)

Count me in.
Chimera | Zephyr II | Easystar | Inspire 1 | Qav400 | X * 250 |
-=== Youtube FPV4FUN ===-

cato

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 09:04:02 am »
Yeah, would be nice to be part of the FTT :)

I've been on OP only a few months now, my experience in multicopters is about one year now, with lots of hours flying recently.I fly LOS, right now starting to fly acro in rattitude, otherwise rate (can't wait to do my first flips and rolls in rate :) ).

Currently I fly only one quadrocopter (my Nighthawk 250) with a Revo, but I have 3 CC3D and 1 Atom waiting to get a job (again), and plan to test them on different vehicle categories, the next will be a heli and a plane. I want to try out FPV as well.

I am using GCS on Debian Linux and Windows.
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

Skud85

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 01:02:16 pm »
I am available to give my little contribution to the projec, but i can test only cc3d.

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 07:27:34 pm »
hellos will be happy that I could do the test. I have a mini 250 with cc3d a mini spider hex with revo gps uBlox and b330 with revo gps v8 but it is down a esc. following my free time and weather in my area I would do better now to help you. Regards.

lanzi

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 11:15:37 pm »
Hi LIBREators,

count me in on that. i am using 400mm (qav) sized and 250mm (mini h) sized quads both with revos and v9 and cc3d (readymaderc official). the mini will get the nano planted in next weekend. looking forward to contribute!!
osx and win are my platforms. also i am running a working telemetry setup of 3DR 915 mhz modems with revo.

cheers
lanzi 

ArnhemAnt

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 11:52:09 pm »
....... also i am running a working telemetry setup of 3DR 915 mhz modems with revo.

cheers
lanzi

Sounds interesting. Keen to hear more. Maybe a new thread/post about the setup??
If you do what you need, you’re surviving. If you do what you want, you’re living.

lanzi

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 05:06:10 am »
....... also i am running a working telemetry setup of 3DR 915 mhz modems with revo.

cheers
lanzi

Sounds interesting. Keen to hear more. Maybe a new thread/post about the setup??

thanks for your interest arnhem ant.
here is a bit of a background info.
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=72.0

cheers from wellington
lanzi

DanNT

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 09:43:04 am »
I'd also like to join FTT.

Currently flying a 350 sized hex and a 250 sized quad both with Revo boards;
I also have a FC-less 450 sized quad (That I'd happily turn into a test frame) and a couple of 450 sized CP Helis (one of which has a CC3D in it but isn't quite flying yet)

And I've got a couple of CC3Ds spare, an OPLink and a v8 and v9 GPS.

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 10:23:23 am »
I'm glad to give my little contribution as test pilot  ;D ;D
I have two CC3D board for my 250 and 280 quad and an original Pixhawk board.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:01:40 am by technico »

jugh76

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 12:37:08 pm »
I also. like to join ftt i use only cc3d  on my 250 racer

liftbag

• LibrePilot
Introducing Flight Test Team
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 03:06:06 pm »
Current member list

al
ArnhemAnt