wienne

After CC3D restarts, YAW does not respond
« on: December 25, 2021, 01:23:03 pm »

CC3D, Futaba R314SB, sbus.

always Disarmed and timeout is 0.

The configuration is saved successfully.

After the configuration wizard is completed, the direction control is normal.

After the CC3D is powered off and restarted, the direction control does not respond.

Reconnect the USB cable, reconfigure the remote control, and the direction control returns to normal.

Then the CC3D is powered off and restarted, the direction control still does not respond.

What is the fault?

Re: After CC3D restarts, YAW does not respond
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2021, 04:31:09 pm »
Make a small test change to anything you are familiar with.  When you press the Save button does change into a green check-mark?

Then: For a test, start again and try doing minimal setup.  I guess that is just receiver, direction controls and ESCs but nothing else.  No OSD, no GPS, etc.

Let us know whether this fixes it or not.

wienne

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 03:37:13 am »
Thank you very much for your reply.

After this failure occurred, I have reduced the number of equipment to a minimum during the testing phase.

1. CC3D hardware
Atom

2. Software
16.09+_r782-g8c101ad

3.operating system
Win10 LTSC 1809
CopterControl Virtual COM Port(COM5)
Driver date 2014/11/21
ver: 3.0.0.0

4. Equipment
Battery, 3S 2200ma
ESC, 2-3s, 40A, BEC 3A@5V
Receiver, Futaba R314SB
Remote control, 7px
Servo: emax ES08AII Analog servo
Connection protocol, S.bus2

5. Vehicle
Fixed Wing, Airframe type Vtail
Mixer Rudder is 100

6, Input
Transmitter type: Surface, mode 1 (this is a redundant choice)
Arming Settings ,Always Disarmed, timeout is 0.
I think YAW will not be subject to this restriction.

7, Save
I made sure that after I clicked the save button, a green check mark was displayed.

8. Failure phenomenon
After the normal setting, the direction control is normal.
The auto-stabilization function of the flight control is normal, and the rudder can be adjusted automatically according to the attitude.

Disconnect the battery, disconnect the USB cable, and reconnect the battery.
CC3D restarts, the green light is always on, and the blue light flashes once per second.
When using the remote control to turn the direction, the rudder does not respond.

Reconnect the usb cable and use the remote control configuration wizard to reconfigure.
When the remote control rotates the direction, the rudder servo is controlled normally.

Disconnect the battery again, disconnect the USB cable, and reconnect the battery.
CC3D restarts, the green light is always on, and the blue light flashes once per second
When using the remote control to turn the direction, the rudder does not respond.

8. Tests I have done
1) Replace the analog steering gear with digital steering gear, reconfigure the steering gear type, and the failure phenomenon is the same.
2) Replace the receiver with R3004SB, the remote control is 18sz, and run the remote control wizard again, the fault phenomenon is the same.
3) Using the Win7 operating system in the virtual machine, the software is the same, and the failure symptoms are the same.
4) Replace the ESC. After the voltage of the receiver is increased from 5V to 6V, the fault phenomenon is the same.
5) I replaced a new CC3D hardware with the same settings and the same failure symptoms.
6) The new and old CC3D, update firmware or update and delete the firmware, the symptoms are the same.

9. Other phenomena
After configuring Vehicle Setup Wizard and Transmitter Setup Wizard in turn, the rudder control is normal.
SYSTEM HEALTH'INPUT' is green

Switch to Vehicle, do not modify any settings, click the save button,
SYSTEM HEALTH'INPUT' is RED
The remote control cannot control the rudder.

The auto-stabilization function of the flight control can normally control the rotation of the steering gear.

During this period, I have generated a log file OP-2021-12-26_09-46-31.opl
It is in binary format and I cannot view the contents of the file.

10. RC Input: Critical
1) 0ne or more of the r/c input channel types is not set.
reply:
Throttle, type S.bus, Chan 2
Yaw, type S.bus, Chan 1
FlightMode,type S.bus, Chan 3
Accessory0 ,type S.bus, Chan 4
Other functions type is none, Number is Disabled.

This fault does not always exist. The same software settings and the same hardware have worked normally for at least one year.
This failure phenomenon only appeared in the past two months.

0n the GCS configwration page, make sure all inputs have a Type set.
reply:
Determine all the input channels that need to be used, and set the type.
See attached screenshot

0ne or more of the r/c input channel mappings are invalid.
reply:
Confirm that the selected channel is correct.

The driver is uninitialired for one or more of the r/c input channels.
reply:
The related settings work normally before the CC3D is powered off. Then there will be no problems with the driver.

Current flight mode is undefined: this indicates a bug in the code.
reply:
Flight mode, the default is Pos 2, which corresponds to Stabilized2, Setting Bank is Bank1.
Assisted Control is none.

Current flight mode set to guidance but flight status flight mode is reported as something other than alti tude hold.
reply:
I didn't use this, I don't know how to answer this question accurately.

During update of desired stabiliration mode, flight status is reported as something other than stabilired 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6

reply:
I don't know how to reply to this question
I just need the stability of YAW

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2021, 06:45:53 am »
2. Software
16.09+_r782-g8c101ad
This is a later 'next'.  I may recall that CC3D has even tighter memory (hard to fit everything in) in next than in 16.09.  Were you using 16.09 before when it worked, or a different than +r782

This is not the cause of your problem, but with Always Disarned, it will only work in Manual mode as I recall?  No, I think that is wrong.  As I recall, in Always Disarmed the control functions (AETR) don't work.  Generally, for fixed wing, I often use Always Armed with Manual throttle.  I have to be careful if I switch to some GPS/autonomous mode where the FC controls the throttle.

8. Tests I have done
5) I replaced a new CC3D hardware with the same settings and the same failure symptoms.
It seems like it is not the hardware, but some clones have a known problem (CC3D save settings problem), and buying a second one will be just like the first.

6, Input
Transmitter type: Surface, mode 1 (this is a redundant choice)
I don't understand.  Is this a setting inside transmitter?  or are you saying you are trying to set surface as vehicle type in GCS?

Switch to Vehicle, do not modify any settings, click the save button,
SYSTEM HEALTH'INPUT' is RED
The remote control cannot control the rudder.
I see some red health errors.  If RC input is not set up correctly the INPUT will be red.  If settings have been changed and it needs to be rebooted the BOOT will be red.  CPU should never be red.  There is a bad code in one of the fast ESC protocols that could do this (use PWM @ 50Hz for fixed wing analog servos and ESC).  Also, running out of memory? might do this?  You might examine Scopes -> stacks monitor to see if you are out of stack memory...

During this period, I have generated a log file OP-2021-12-26_09-46-31.opl
It is in binary format and I cannot view the contents of the file.
You "replay" the log file with GCS lower right Connections: LogFile Replay and press Connect
You can look at scopes during the replay...

This fault does not always exist. The same software settings and the same hardware have worked normally for at least one year.
This failure phenomenon only appeared in the past two months.
The question is what did change then since we think the hardware is good.
Did you change versions of LibrePilot?
Did you know that you MUST run the same version of GCS as the firmware?
Updating GCS without updating firmware will cause strange problems if you ignore the warning.
If you are using a different GCS, you basically need to Firmware->Upgrade&Erase and then do setup again.

0n the GCS configwration page, make sure all inputs have a Type set.
reply:
Determine all the input channels that need to be used, and set the type.
Yes.  That Input page looks really messed up.  Usually you need aileron, elevator, rudder, throttle, flightmode.  All set up with type, number, min, neutral, max.

Current flight mode is undefined: this indicates a bug in the code.
This should never happen.

do firmware -> upgrade & erase
reboot
run setup again.  pretend it is a simple normal airplane.  see if you can get that working.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 02:51:56 am by TheOtherCliff »