Re: CC3D saving configuration not possible (but it is always disarmed)
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2019, 08:54:30 pm »
Did you use LibrePilot or did you use Betaflight?  The answer can help others in the future.

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2019, 05:07:42 pm »
If you're asking me? I use Beta Flight 10.4.0

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2019, 05:53:19 pm »
Sorry, I was asking solmer, but your information that recent Betaflight works is also helpful.   8)  Initial posts talked about using old versions.

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2019, 06:17:40 pm »
Have you found any difference in how both programs erase flash mem and have you been able to replicate the problem?

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2019, 05:29:00 am »
I haven't looked at the CF/BF source code.

I bought an Atom and I was able to recreate at least a very similar issue just one time.  I put in some debug code to dump the settings memory, dumped it, did not find any data that I <thought> would cause it.  Used LP Erase Settings and that fixed it, and never could re-create it.

I immediately bought a second Atom from the same seller and didn't have any problem with it at all.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 05:38:05 am by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2019, 02:19:49 pm »
Murphy!  ;D

My best for Xmas and 2020

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2020, 02:46:33 am »
Hello all,

I'm "happy" to see that others are having the same issue as me. After searching for 2 days I can't understand how this issue is fixed.

My story is the same as yours, I'm using 16.09, the first vehicle wizard setup worked without any issues. The second attempt "stuck" at "preparing mixer settings" and I can't continue from there. I tried to go in Configuration and click "Save" but the red X symbol is always there.

I tried all possible solutions in this thread with erase, upgrade, rescue, re-flashing. Everything. I tried in Mac and Windows. I tried both 15 and 16 Librepilot versions.

Is there any solution after all?

Thank you!

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2020, 04:16:47 pm »
After a lot of testing and reading the whole thread again it worked for me too:

1) Download "cleanflight_CC3D.bin" from here https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/releases/tag/v1.10.0
2) Follow the steps here to flash it https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/5669026/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Bootloader+firmwareupdateexample
3) Install Cleanflight to your PC (I added the chrome app)
4) Connect CC3D to PC and click Connect in Cleanflight
4) At the command line window (CLI) that will appear type "flash_erase" (without quotes) and press enter
5) Close Cleanflight  and return to LibrePilot
6) Download the latest CC3D firmware from here https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/5669026/Firmware+Tab and re-flash the board following the steps in step 2
7) Enjoy!

You need specifically "cleanflight_CC3D.bin" from v1.10.0, otherwise it won't work. I was trying with other most recent firmware versions and this is why it wasn't working for me.

Thanks!

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2020, 09:48:18 am »
Almost all of the people I have talked to about this have just disappeared.  I don't know if their problem was fixed or whether they gave up and did the CleanFlight/BetaFlight erase method.

Has anyone fixed it with something besides the CleanFlight/BetaFlight erase method?

Has anyone fixed it by using a different computer?

We have a case where it happens on an international MacOS 10.14 (and a Windows VM, probably hosted on the Mac) and international Windows 10.  Has anyone had it on a USA version operating system?

Has anyone that had the problem tried reinstalling the CC3D bootloader (even if you already have BL4) and then the firmware like here?
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/5669026/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Bootloader+firmwareupdateexample

(Another unlikely possibility is that it is related to the LP setup wizard.)

(Another unlikely possibility is that having multiple old versions of OP/LP on your computer causes problems.  I would guess a fix in that case would be to completely uninstall all the old versions of OP and LP and install just the version you want.)

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2020, 09:32:34 am »
I know of 2 club members that have permanently changed to Beta/Clean.

I didn't.

Has anyone that had the problem tried reinstalling the CC3D bootloader (even if you already have BL4) and then the firmware like here?
Yes, I did. I tried ev'ry BL to no avail.

(Another unlikely possibility is that it is related to the LP setup wizard.)
Well first sign something is wrong, is always the moment the wizard tries to calculate Mix. It stays there forever. Can only reboot by pulling the plug.

(Another unlikely possibility is that having multiple old versions of OP/LP on your computer causes problems.  I would guess a fix in that case would be to completely uninstall all the old versions of OP and LP and install just the version you want.)
I could try on another PC. This puter has 4 or 5 versions of GCS on, because if a plane/CC3D combo is good, I don't touch them anymore. My oldest foamy is still running an  ancient version of OPEN-Pilot and if it ain't broke .......

(edited by Cliff to move your statements outside of the quote block so they don't look like I said them and to uniformly bold your statements inside the quote.  :) )
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 06:01:21 pm by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2020, 06:06:12 pm »
I could try on another PC. This puter has 4 or 5 versions of GCS on, because if a plane/CC3D combo is good, I don't touch them anymore. My oldest foamy is still running an  ancient version of OPEN-Pilot and if it ain't broke .......

If you can still recreate the problem, then it would be great if you could test on a clean PC with a single install of only LP to see if the problem goes away.  :)

« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2020, 10:03:02 am »
I will test this, but you'll have to be patient. But seeing you're still exploring this problem, I guess you're one of the most patient ppl I know :)
My (81yr old) dad's in the hospital, so I don't have much time in between normal life, visits to my dad and keeping an eye on my mother.

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2020, 12:17:33 pm »
Sorry TOC, but it won't happen anytime soon. Still parent-health problems and the COVID19 virus doesn't help :(

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2020, 07:06:33 am »
No hurry.  We have been dancing with this issue for years now.  :)  And there are work arounds (generally use CleanFlight / BetaFlight to erase the board settings, then put LP back on it).

I have a feeling that a lot of us will soon have plenty of time for the hobby because of CoVid-19 lockdowns.  We should start a general thread for respectful random discussions about CoVid-19 and life these days.

Be safe!

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2020, 03:51:30 pm »
Thank you for replying back.

Has anyone fixed it with something besides the CleanFlight/BetaFlight erase method?

I didn't, I can reproduce a lot of times but I wasn't able to solve with another method.

I used 2 computers, 1 windows 10 desktop (in and out of a VM) and 1 Mac laptop, in all of my tests it failed.

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/5669026/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Bootloader+firmwareupdateexample

I'm following this all the time, even in the cleanflight solution. It works only with cleanflight solution.