Scott

Re: CC3D saving configuration not possible (but it is always disarmed)
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2019, 07:27:54 pm »
I have a similar problem and I am a rookie.  I am using CC3D with sbus and a x4r sb frsky receiver that is bound to my new Taranis 7xq....I have not changed any settings on the radio, only bound to proceed into vehicle set up.  My ESCs are Emax simon k programable 12 amp.  They will not spin up the motor unless i choose the 50hz rate in the ESC page of the wizard. They will not initialize with the default 490hz or the one shot ESC choices. If I choose 50hz Then the escs power up and calibrate and motors all spin in that section but the configuration will not save to the board.  I've looked all over for the solution.  Any help would be a blessing.

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2019, 06:07:10 am »
I suggest that you set (Output page) all your output min to 1000 and your output max to 1900 and use either PWMSync or [email protected]

Starting with that, do ESC calibration and Neutral setting as described here:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/12058743/ESC+Calibration

Scott

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 06:34:07 pm »
Thanks for the response.  My firmware and BL are up to date and the GCS sees the board.  Following your instructions I went to the outputs tab and found that I could not move any of the sliders.  The settings were 50hzpwm; these could be changes but changing them didn't affect the rest of the page in terms of allowing me to move anything.  I unplugged and replugged the board to reboot.  no change. On the firmware page it shows I have the version 4 bootloader and firmware 16.09.  It identifies the board as copter control.  I cannot manually change and save anything on any tab.  Do remember that running the wizard, i got all the way through to the esc calibration successfully but then after choosing a set of stock settings that matched my 250quad, it would not save.  I had to lower my esc rate to 50hz to get that far and spin up the motors.

It is worth mentioning that there is a yellow flag (error flag) in the firmware information panel in the center of the firmware page.  Hovering over this produces no result.

My input and output show an error state in the flight dat tab.  The error state in output is Servo Output Critical...one of the servos failed to update....the input error is just that my transmitter hasn't been set up.  My receiver is bound, but I havent set up the transmitter yet. 

I've ordered a new F3 board.  If I can't get this worked out, I'll switch and see how that goes...hope you guys can deal with a high maintenance rookie .

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 05:59:15 pm »
I recall the orange triangle is just because we didn't mark the 16.09 release with the special mark so it knows it is an official release.  That is documented in the wiki and is not a problem.

FYI: if you unplug the board, go to Firmware page, press Rescue, then plug board in, it will show you Firmware Tag, "git commit hash", and CRC for both the onboard firmware and the firmware bundled with the GCS.  If all these match, then you are already running exactly what the GCS expects.  At that point, press Erase Settings (then OK) and within 25 seconds, it will reconnect and FlightTime will start counting (from about 23) again.  Wait till it gets up to at least say 120 (to make sure the erase is complete) and disconnect the board. (Waiting this long should not be necessary under normal circumstances.)  This should erase the settings and there should be no error messages.

After that, go to Configuration -> Hardware.  Change GPS Speed to 38400 and press Save.  The Save button should turn into a Save button with a green check mark.  Unplug the CC3D and plug it back in.  When it connects in a few seconds (less than 10 for me) you should see that GPS Speed is still 38400.  If it is 38400, you have proven that you can save and remember settings.

After Erase Settings, you might also try simply doing File -> ExportUAVSettings to a temp file, then File -> ImportUAVSettings from that same temp file (and press Save To Board Flash).  Save To Board Flash takes a little less than 1 minute on my setup but you can see it count up during that minute.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 06:24:41 pm by TheOtherCliff »