Help! orange input flag-cannot arm.
« on: May 02, 2018, 03:48:14 am »
I've been having this problem for awhile. I cannot figure out how to get this to arm. It was working fine a few weeks ago. Its a cc3d Atom FC. what do I need to provide to get this resolved.

Thank you very very much

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 11:35:43 am by Seven5555 »

Re: Help! orange input flag-cannot arm
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 04:14:50 am »
Did you make _any_ changes since it worked?  Has it been crashed, even fairly lightly and that caused it?

USB does not power the receiver.  You must have a flight battery plugged in.

Besides making sure the receiver is powered (LED on receiver?), the receiver must be passing a good signal (on all wires if it is PWM) to the FC and the FC must be configured to use that signal type.  Vibration can cause wire/connector to get intermittent.  You may try unplugging and plugging all receiver connections back in.

WIth battery plugged in, transmitter on, USB plugged in, you can go to Input->RCInput page and see if the sliders move and if the activity box (upper right) says anything when you move the sticks.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 06:54:09 am by TheOtherCliff »

Re: Help! orange input flag-cannot arm.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 04:36:33 am »
That is exactly the initial steps I've done a few times but I will do it again now.

It's not been wrecked. I did try to get the bootloader to open and it failed and it has armed since then.

I meant nothing offensive, I rarely talk in forums and find the info by reading but usually they just get ignored and I'd like to make a few friends in this hobby. I thank you for your response and advice.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 04:48:42 am »
All of the RC functions are being received. I just noticed that the Throttle min is 1100 and /neutral is 1120 but in the output page neutral is 1050

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 05:45:37 am »
  >:(  I erased the FC, flashed the BL, updated the FW, :P ran both the setups and now it Arms  :-*

but the motors don't spin.   :-\

Any ideas?

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 07:02:59 am »
Do the motors beep every 5-10 seconds?  That is a sign that the ESCs are not receiving a signal, or one they don't understand.

Did you run the setup wizard?  Did the motors spin when you did the motor neutral (set motors to run slowly) part?

You probably selected an ESC signal protocol that your ESCs can't do.  You might try using PWM@490 Hz.  You can set this on the Output page.  Make sure you do it the same for all "banks" that have "outputs" on them.

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 08:21:37 am »
yes i did and yes they did spin. yes, its 490 pwm

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 10:32:50 am »
Do motors still spin if you do Test Outputs on the Output page?

Arms, and motors spin there, but motors don't spin with throttle stick?

Post your config file (File->ExportUAV...)

I'm going to bed now.  :)

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 09:10:54 am »
I'm not sure why but everything is fine now. It must've had something corrupt it the settings that was fixed re flashing.

Thank you very much for reading and making an effort. I appreciate it.

Dean

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 09:16:15 am »
here is the uav. will you take a look at it to see if anything might be problematic?

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 09:28:52 am »
I checked some common issues and it looks OK to me.  The proof is whether it flies.

Make sure you have either an RC or FC failsafe set up so you don't have a fly away.

It looks like you haven't adjusted Attitude->Settings->RotateVirtual.  That can be used to make Attitude mode hover have minimum drift.

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 11:34:30 am »
Thank you. I will check that out. I had a new one fly away recently.

Is is possible to add a barameter to this for altitude hold? I have a couple here and I saw it in the configuration tree. Just curious.

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 01:52:04 pm »
Probably not.  IIRC at least at one time there was an I2C mag/baro module, but I think it was removed.  You can look in System->Settings->HwSettings->OptionalModules.

Best to get a newer board.  If you don't want to pay $40 for a Revo/Sparky2, you can get an Omnibus F4 Pro V2 (for $19 shipped) which is supported by an accessible private (@mr_w) branch and soon by next (last I heard).  It has baro, volt/current sensor, built in OSD, BEC.  I assume it does GPS flight modes too.  All of these are full sized boards.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Betaflight-OMNIBUS-F4-Pro-V2-Flight-Control-Built-in-OSD-BEC-for-FPV-Drone/282478913161

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 11:58:07 am »
It looks like you haven't adjusted Attitude->Settings->RotateVirtual.  That can be used to make Attitude mode hover have minimum drift.

I have been looking for this and I do not see it yet but I will keep looking.

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 12:08:38 pm »
Best to get a newer board.

I just bought one of these and it has been problematic and I am returning it for a replacement that I hope will work better.
The leds flicker and cuts off and the bootloader won't open. I had the dips right and tried it manually too but nothing happens when i short the boot pins. The replacement should be here soon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Illuminati32-10DOF-Naze32-Flight-Controller-with-Built-In-OSD-CleanFlight-V2/262407680257?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 05:52:34 pm by Seven5555 »