karla

Re: Cliff Diving PID Setting
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2018, 03:16:31 am »

jcg1541

• Phones, Networks, And The Red Pill
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2018, 05:29:17 am »
Sorry I have been distracted by the search for abandoned tall buildings. I am sure I would have dived many decaying skyscrapers of Detroit if I lived there. Here in the north east, I found the rusting old Ramington Arms munition factory with a tall smokestack. See attached photo. I passed by it over the highway just this memorial weekend. Guess I will dive it in the next few weeks.

karla

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2018, 10:14:33 am »
 :P

jcg1541

• Phones, Networks, And The Red Pill
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2018, 05:25:12 pm »
Just a question: are you using TPS (Stabilization->Advanced->ThrustPIDScaling)?  Mathematically at least, whenever you double the head speed, you should halve the PIDs, etc.  So if you are using a throttle controlled variable head speed, this will keep the PIDs in sync with the head speed.
That was an excellent question. I have tried it today, and the result is a dramatic improvement. Previously either the ascending was very slow or too much vibration to be shown on video. Now the punch up is forceful, yet no oscillation anywhere in flipping or diving. The ascending is 28 seconds, then the 9 second dive follows,

.  And the extreme scaling down is between thrust 75% toward 100% . The flipping and diving thrust is below and right adjacent to 75%.
The curves are attached in pictures.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 03:14:53 pm by jcg1541 »