cary

Re: HELP Please! CC3D Mini not outputting TX commands
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2018, 04:18:19 pm »
WOW, your explanation helped a LOT!

Maybe I'm not looking in the right area, but I could not find out how this worked.  Is there a place I can research?  I found the wiki is a bit lacking.

I did not realize the "Vehicle" tab numbers were only for mixing, I thought all of the channels had to have a value so that they would move.  Not knowing that they only needed a value for mixing, and not knowing what the 127 meant, makes it very difficult to figure out.

Hopefully on a new revision they will add some verbiage to clarify...for instance a box next to where you enter the values that says "Channel Mixing percentage".  Also, if 127 = max stick, why not label it 100?  These two simple changes would have made it a lot easier to figure out what was happening.

Thank you again so much for your help!!!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2018, 05:38:13 pm »
Look previous posts like this one where i propose to use the simple way with Vehicle wizard and look how the mixer is configured. At this point you will notice the wizard set '127' values as default. Even with a value set to 100 your vehicle will works almost the same and cells allow a max value of 127.
In fact you do not need to know how mixer works but only follow a car wizard, experiment some tuning and next configure the Gimbal.

If there is something missing into the Wiki you can amend content and improve it.
Simply register to Atlassian and wrote/modify, you're welcome.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:44:05 pm by f5soh »

cary

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2018, 05:40:23 pm »
Hello,

I did follow your suggestion to use the vehicle wizard, and it did good...but I needed to add features and to understand the program takes experimentation. Also, I am working on controlling a rolling ball, not really a car, so using the car for the vehicle wizard does not work because it sets the steering servo up on yaw, when I need it on tilt.  If I choose Motorcycle, that does not work either because it loads a one direction motor.

Seeing numbers like 127 created confusion as there is no relationship as to what the number is, other than as I adjusted it the speed went up and down.

Please do not take offense, it was not meant that way, I was just trying to explain that as a newbie it is difficult to work through the program and understand how everything works together.  I will look into helping on the wiki, hopefully I can add an outsiders perspective.

Thank you again for all of your help!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:46:18 pm by cary »

cary

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2018, 06:53:01 pm »
I'm getting close but having some strange issues.

First, if I am going forward and stop quickly which causes a forward to back rock, everything cuts out for a few seconds and the motors disable.  Sometimes I need to power down and restart to get everything working again.

Second, most of the time when I start up the system (Remote on or off, stab turned on or off) the gimbal shakes like crazy for ~20 seconds then stops, other times it just continues to shake.  Restarting several times it will eventually start up with no shaking.

Any suggestions?  File attached.

Thank you!

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2018, 12:10:22 am »
Forward and back rocking causing motor shutdown:
Could you be at the limit of RC range where motors stop when RC signal is lost?  Do your motors have a hard time starting up from stopped?  Any intermittent signal (a single ESC signal wire, any Rx to FC signal wire) will cause shutdown.  Oscillation causes different motor speed.  If you have an intermittent connection then bad vibration may make it fail.  Connecting some form of telemetry and logging the flight when it happens would probably show what is going wrong.

Gimbal shakes:
Is the gimbal derived from "CC3D built in gimbal" commands or a completely external gimbal?  If CC3D gimbal be aware that moving the gimbal moves the quad in the opposite direction which may cause oscillation and you may need lower CC3D PIDs.  If external, then your camera is too heavy or too light or not mounted to balance the camera (forcing gimbal to work too hard), and changing gimbal PID (using gimbal mfg software, we don't know about that) is the solution.

cary

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2018, 12:23:15 am »
Thanks for the reply.

I am not flying a drone, I am building a rolling robot.  I can drive it around normally with no issues, less than 15 feet from me in my garage.  There is more than enough torque and voltage for the motors.  If I roll in one direction then suddenly stop, this is when it shuts down the motor.  I will look at the telemetry.

For the gimbal.  I am using the CC3D built in gimbal commands.  When I first power on the unit, it instantly starts shaking.  This is with the remote off and PID's set to manual.  At this point nothing is moving, just the gimbal is shaking like mad...but the ball is perfectly still.  Turn it on and off a few times and it will start without shaking.