cary

Re: HELP Please! CC3D Mini not outputting TX commands
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 07:32:58 pm »
Hi There,

Thank you for the response.  I am not sure what you mean by the hardware tab does not have any PPM set.  My receiver port is set to PPM.  Please clarify.

The steering servo works using the remote.  If I move the CC3d the servo does not try to compensate, it just jitters a lot.

For the stabilization settings bank 1, I have the sliders as low as possible...is there somewhere else I should be adjusting them?

I am attaching my config again.

Thanks again for helping!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 01:40:54 am »
I am not sure what you mean by the hardware tab does not have any PPM set.  My receiver port is set to PPM.  Please clarify.
Ok, seems you're using a Revolution board instead of a CC3D...  Look right/bottom corner the board name when board is connected ?

According to the latest config file, now you setup one flight mode [Manual] without stabilization (all manual so direct input to output) and another one [Stabilization1] where you changed Pitch/Roll to Acro+, no issue since you only use Yaw stabilization with AxisLock.

You may need to reduce Yaw P.I.D. numbers instead of reducing rates.

cary

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 12:58:47 am »
What I am attempting to do is stabilize a rolling ball (Pic attached).  This is pretty simple, a motor (In Ch1, Out Ch4) that rolls it back and forth, and a servo (In 2/ out 1) that tilts the ball.

If I pick a car/motorcycle for the vehicle wizard, then it sets the tilting servo as the yaw...which makes sense for a car but does not work for my situation.  If I go to the custom vehicle tab, and change the servo from yaw to roll, the servo no longer reacts.  Somehow it is locking it as yaw.

I have tried different vehicles such as v-wings, without much success.

For now please ignore the stabilization setting, I am playing trying different things.  For a starting point, I just need to figure out how to make ch 1 the roll/tilt servo and not yaw.

Suggestions?

Anyone live in Phoenix AZ that I could pay for their time to meet up and program?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 06:27:15 pm »
If you want Rool stabilization you just need to move modify the mixer with Roll axis.
Remember the response is half than when you use Yaw because the default Roll PID numbers are almost half than Yaw PID numbers.

cary

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 07:23:12 pm »
Great, thank you.  I tried that before but I forgot to switch it in the transmitter settings.

So now, the forward/back and side to side is working.  The forward back is smooth when tilting the ball.  The side to side, regardless of any settings I Have chosen, is oscillating, hard.

I am only using the basic tab as I do not know how to set PID's and would be guessing at the numbers.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 07:33:31 pm »
Look post #16 above, you will need to tune now the Roll axis instead of Yaw axis to avoid oscillations.
Try to reduce the "P" term first, something like 0.00300 to 0.00150 and see if stop the oscillations.

A video should be great to show the ball in action, when tuned of course :)

cary

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2018, 04:36:23 am »
I have spent over 5 hours trying to stop the oscillating.  I am beginning to wonder if the servo is trying to compensate in the wrong direction.  Is there a way to change the direction of the compensation without reversing the servo direction?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2018, 07:37:15 am »
Reverse the servo in Output page.
If command using stick is fine and input page set using TX Wizard, the servo direction will be ok.

Maybe you are not changing right numbers, if you are using Attitude/Rattitude stabilization there is also the outerloop and a 2.5 number as default that may be reduced

cary

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2018, 05:14:23 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

I am using Rate, and adjusting the PID as suggested.  I am adjusting the inner loop.  If I start with "P", anything lower than .00340 and I loose the control range from the stick on my transmitter.  At this number or higher, I cannot stop the oscillation.  I have spent endless hours trying to adjust the PID, with no luck.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2018, 06:31:12 pm »
If you want more stick response > increase Rates = how many deg/s you want at full stick.

If you want to remove oscillation > tune PID numbers.

cary

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2018, 12:43:34 am »
Thank you, I am making progress...slowly!

cary

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2018, 03:59:32 am »
I am making good progress and finally have pretty good side to side stabilization.  I have two questions:

1. To get control from the transmitter I need to adjust the outer loop.  As I increase the "P" to get the transmitter to move the servo, it shifts to the side and stays there.   If I keep the outer loop at 0 then I have no control from the transmitter, but the stab works well.

2. Right now it is taking 4 channels on the input to run the camera gimble.  This does not seem correct...and I need the other channels for other functions.  Do I have this set up correctly?

New file attached. 

Thanks,

Cary

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2018, 07:26:53 am »
Outer loop is needed for Attitude stabilization, see Attitude Setup page.
You need to tune the stabilization in Rate mode and next add a minimal value to take control in Attitude.

Currently in this config file you do not use control for Gimbal (see Input channel in Gimbal tab), anyway you just need two inputs/Accessory assuming this is a 2 axis Gimbal connected to output 2 and 3.

This means two channels for vehicle control (Throttle + Roll) and two channels for gimbal control, to be defined in Gimbal tab

cary

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2018, 02:06:54 pm »
Hi f5soh,

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe I need to clarify a bit.  I have the inner loop tuned....but no stick control. 

If I am in Attitude mode, with outer loop at 0, everything is centered...and no stick control.  If I put any number in the outer loop to gain control, it will start to shift to the side.  The more I add to the outer loop the more stick control I get, but the more it shifts to the side as well.

If I am in Rate mode it automatically shifts to the side the second I engage the gyro, even with the outer loop at 0.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2018, 04:52:35 pm »
All you describe looks normal.

Be sure the board/vehicle is levelled (Attitude tab) and inputs are correctly calibrated (neutral in Input tab).
Be sure the vehicle is still during the Gyro init.