cary

HELP Please! CC3D Mini not outputting TX commands
« on: January 10, 2018, 06:06:11 pm »
Hello,

I have the TX set for PPM and the RX talking to the CC3D.

In Librepilot, under input "receiver activity", it shows the channels as I move them.  Under "input channel configuration"  I can see the values move when I move the TX sticks.  This tells me the remote is for sure talking to the receiver and CC3D.

on "output".  I can set the Min/Max and neutral.  Changing the Neutral moves the servo/changes the motor speed.  This tells me the CC3D is controlling the servos/motor so they are connected correctly.

But for some reason when I move the sticks on the remote the servos/motors do nothing.

Help please!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: HELP Please! CC3D Mini not outputting TX commands
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 06:15:01 pm »
Hi,

Did you check the SystemHealth panel in Flight tab ?
He may report some error like orange input related to a incomplete/bad configuration or waiting attitude estimation.
All the alarms displayed in SystemHealth will be all green.
Motor will work at all times and motor need a armed board.

If you cannot find where is the error you can post your config file after a File > Export UAV data while the board is connected.

cary

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 07:22:44 pm »
Thanks for your reply.  The input is red, and I cant figure out why.

Attached is the file.

I would appreciate any help

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 07:31:36 pm »
The input is red, and I cant figure out why.
Some inputs have a input type set, without channel number.

You should use the Transmitter wizard to setup the input.
There is a known issue with Tx Wizard if you skip the Flightmode switch, so you should set a switch mapped to one output in your RC radio before starting the wizard.

cary

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 08:08:52 pm »
OK, I am making progress.  Now everything shows green.  I ran the wizard.

still no movement from the motor or servo.

New file attached.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 08:19:39 pm »
Still many inputs not defined in this config file.
Seems you try to use "PPM" in input tab and hardware tab shows only "PWM" input configured.

Not sure what you try to do but you are using the Custom tab to define mixers and the two outputs you defined do not have numbers on it (all to zero) so as expected there is not relation related to inputs or stabilization.

What type of vehicle do you try to setup ?

cary

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 09:00:15 pm »
This is my first time using the software, or attempting anything like this, so I am a bit lost.  I am not sure what those numbers even relate to.

Attached is a diagram of what I am trying to do...

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 09:09:32 pm »
You can simply use the Vehicle wizard (big button in welcome tab), at some point select a surface vehicle like a car (reverse motor + steering servo) and all the "vehicle" setup will be done. You can use the Vehicle > Ground tab to do it by hand  as well.

Next step, configure your Gimbal and use additional Accessories for Gimbal control.

cary

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 09:59:30 pm »
Soooooo frustrated with the software.   Sooo thankful for your help.  Ran the vehicle setup wizard, which erased the transmitter setup.  Now the transmitter is showing red again.  If I run it for a car, it puts the motor on output 4 and the servo on 1...I need these reversed because the flightcontroller and rx get their power from the motor controller...pin 1

If I try to run the transmitter setup, it doesn't see the flightmode switch (I tried to switch it fast).  If I skip this (I know u said it could cause issues), then when you are supposed to move the sticks on the screen they don't show movement.

I did some research, and a video shows changing "flightmodelnumber" in setup to 1...too bad that does not com up in a search.

Feels like constant "one step forward, one step back".

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 10:28:06 pm »
If output are configured like that, there is a good reason: Motor output use a different bank than the bank used for servos.

I need these reversed because the flightcontroller and rx get their power from the motor controller...pin 1
I don't understand, you can get power from whatever servo connector, from receiver port or any port like Flexi/main port. There is no issue here.

If I try to run the transmitter setup, it doesn't see the flightmode switch
Take a look at post #3, you need to setup your Rc radio and add a mapping between one switch to one output.

Feels like constant "one step forward, one step back".
Every step done, you learn something.
Just think to the first step where nothing was working or configured.
Keep calm.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 01:59:49 am »
By default most transmitters don't output the switches.  You must read your transmitter instructions (or search for a video on the internet to help you) and configure your transmitter to actually put that switch out on a channel.  You can verify this by going into the Input page where you can see the stick motion recognized.  The switch will not be recognized, because it is not being sent...

cary

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 10:43:45 pm »
Sorry for the delay, I had company the last week.

I have everything working...to some extent.  The gimbal works to automatically stabilize, and I can control it with the remote as well.  Motor kill switch works perfect as well as the flight mode.

It does not try to stabilize the car at all.  the steering servo just twitches back and fourth.  the motor does nothing.

Suggestions?

Thanks again!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 11:05:58 am »
Suggestions?

Configuration file ?

cary

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 04:29:12 pm »
Here is the most recent config file.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 06:01:18 pm »
There is something strange in your config, all inputs uses PPM and hardware tab do not have any PPM set.
Steering servo works fine in your config, is stabilized using Yaw and react as expected.
You may need to reduce Yaw PID in Stabilization tab, default values comes from multirotor defaults.

Reversable Esc/motor need a neutral value set correctly (around 1500) in Output tab or Esc is never initialized.
In same area, i doubt the Esc range is 510 -> 2000µs
You should calibrate the esc using normal values in 1000 - 2000µs range.
Also set the Bank2 to 50Hz for motor in output4, just to be sure.