Revolution? Revo Racer? CC3D Evo? Confusion....
« on: December 07, 2015, 11:16:09 pm »
From my own personal reading, when the OP forum was fully functional, there was the Original OP CC w/ the analog gyros, then the CC3D w/ the MPU6000, both w/ STM F1 processors.  Then the Revolution (STM F4, MPU6000, HMC5883 & MS561101BA03) and then I believer the Atom (from what I can gather a micro CC3D capable FC), then the Revolution Nano.

So, what exactly is a Revolution?  A neutered Revo?  A Revo Nano?  A CC3D on steroids?

What about a Revo Racer or CC3D Evo?

Same w/ what I am seeing is the Revo Racer - again, where do they fall in the line?  Or is the line pretty much gone now with what looks like OP going away as different parts of their site are being shutdown?

Thanks for any clarification and am looking forward to trying LP out,
Bob

hwh

Re: Revolution? Revo Racer? CC3D Evo? Confusion....
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 02:38:11 am »
The Revolution is just a regular Chinese made Revolution.  The cc3d part of the name is for searches, this way if someone searches for cc3d they still get the page showing the newer model.  And more people probably search for cc3d than for revo because it's more widely recognized.

The cc3d Evo seems to be a cc3d with two extra connectors for connecting Spektrum DSM2/DSMX satellite receivers.  The writeup seems to imply that the connectors are just paralleled with the main and flexi ports.

The revo racer seems to just be a car unrelated to our Revo.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 02:54:36 am by hwh »

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 02:49:29 am »
Thanks for the response.  As I have researched more, now I have seen Revolutions that have different layouts, are the chinese changing the layouts of these from the original OP layouts for any particular reason?

Would you know about the CC3D EVO / Atom EVO nomenclature?

hwh

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 03:10:14 am »
I updated my reply above about the cc3d EVO.   The atom EVO as far as I can see is just a regular atom.  It doesn't seem to have extra connectors and the Banggood writeup doesn't mention any difference from the regular atom.

I haven't seen revos with a different layout but it may be for the same reason some of the cc3ds are different, to save money making them.  I have two Chinese cc3ds, one is the original layout with ESD protection chips on the ports, the other is a slightly different layout because they replaced the more expensive (and better) ESD chips with resistors.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 03:23:00 am »
Thanks for the explanation.  Here is the thread about the different revos - https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=311.msg2356#msg2356 and will update when I re-find the revo racers I had seen.

Appreciate the time,
Bob

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 03:45:21 am »
EVO is like CC3D in reference to Revo.  It it just the sellers trying to add as many interesting terms as they can, whether they are related or not, so more people see their product.  I'm surprised they didn't add Saturn V, Polaris, MIRV, neutron, sexy, gold, turbo, supreme, AI, and galaxy while they are at it.

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 03:50:17 am »
@TheOtherCliff
Thanks.  I was thinking the boards all seem to have the same capabilities, but why the different names.

Bob

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 05:43:42 am »
FWIW, here is the link to where I viewed Revo Race - https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=319.msg2311#msg2311

hwh

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 06:42:01 am »
I hadn't seen that one.  It's hard to find because they deleted their website.  All that's left is the home page that says pre-orders are closed.  Google's cached pages include a FAQ page that says essentially that they don't intend to sell direct again they were just looking for dealers.

That said, the comments in the thread you referenced and the pictures show that the board is a revo nano clone in the old larger board format.  I don't see the advantage of making a nano in the larger form factor without adding functionality.  The full size revo was that big because it had the equivalent of an oplink on it.  The race doubles the size of the pcb but adds no functionality.

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 05:57:14 pm »
So, I think I just got one of these CC3D boards in an Ebay Chicom package deal. The backside has connectors (with the USB) for DSM2/DSMX , S-Bus and one other 4-pin, that is marked SWD The 2 Rx connections have ports and labels molded in to the plastic case but the other does not.... I'm guessing this is a SW Dev port. You used to have to jump a 3.3vdc line to use the Spectrum Satellite, so if that is now on board it's welcome, because that's the path I want. My question..... is the DSM2 port just a parallel the main, with a 3.3v connection? I plugged in the Rx(pre-bound) on my initial bootload and firmware upgrade, I configured for Spectrum Satellite, but no blinky light!!! Will I not see that till I get 5vdc to the FC?

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 06:26:25 pm »
So, I think I just got one of these CC3D boards in an Ebay Chicom package deal. The backside has connectors (with the USB) for DSM2/DSMX , S-Bus and one other 4-pin, that is marked SWD The 2 Rx connections have ports and labels molded in to the plastic case but the other does not.... I'm guessing this is a SW Dev port. You used to have to jump a 3.3vdc line to use the Spectrum Satellite, so if that is now on board it's welcome, because that's the path I want. My question..... is the DSM2 port just a parallel the main, with a 3.3v connection? I plugged in the Rx(pre-bound) on my initial bootload and firmware upgrade, I configured for Spectrum Satellite, but no blinky light!!! Will I not see that till I get 5vdc to the FC?
Yes, the DSM2 is the main (or flexi, don't know) port plus 3.3V.
You have to power the CC3D with 5V in order to turn on the Rx, but don't know if this version can power the dsm sat from usb power supply.

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 12:21:07 pm »
EVO is like CC3D in reference to Revo.  It it just the sellers trying to add as many interesting terms as they can, whether they are related or not, so more people see their product.  I'm surprised they didn't add Saturn V, Polaris, MIRV, neutron, sexy, gold, turbo, supreme, AI, and galaxy while they are at it.
I found CC3D evo desciption on this link cc3d evo . It's really cheap for $10 and can not mount the extra sensors with Revolution

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 07:30:03 pm »
If you want a good quality known cc3d go with GetFPV. I have 4 of them and they are superb.
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS