ptbh

Recompiling the latest version of 'next'
« on: May 26, 2016, 11:34:19 pm »
I successfully managed to compile the branch 'next' in early April in order to use an aux mag.  I now wish to recompile the latest code for 'next', but when I run 'git checkout next' I am informed: Already on 'next', Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/next'.  This is despite running 'git clone https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot.git' to get the latest repository.  Is this because the code for branch 'next' has not changed since I last compiled the beginning of April or am I doing something wrong (i.e do I need to delete the existing files for example)?  Any help/guidance appreciated.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Recompiling the latest version of 'next'
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 11:45:31 pm »
try 'git pull'

ptbh

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 12:00:00 am »
Thanks for the quick response F5soh.  When I try 'git pull' I get 'Already up-to-date.'  Where are the checked out files stored in Windows?  I can then check if any have been updated with today's date.

hwh

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 12:05:22 am »
If you do "git log" you should have this as the top one.

commit bc571d3365f18ea425b2d92d55c8f35e5acf9c08
Merge: e2c971d f757479
Author: Lalanne Laurent <[email protected]>
Date:   Mon May 23 20:22:58 2016 +0200

Merged in james-duley/librepilot/teaci (pull request #248)

LP-307 set up Tea CI for windows builds

The files are in the directory you do the git pull in and subdirectories of it.   If you did a git clone while in that directory if would have created a librepilot subdirectory in that directory and a new copy of all the files would be in it.   You don't want to do that because then you'd have to setup all the tools again in that subdirectory.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:25:11 am by hwh »

ptbh

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 12:41:27 am »
Hi hwh, I do get the same for 'git log' as you have posted, so I assume the latest version is in the right place.  I'll need to look into this further tomorrow and report back then.  Hopefully I won't need to setup the tool chain again but will find out tomorrow.  Thanks for the prompt support.

ptbh

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 01:02:26 pm »
OK, weekend here and just got around to recompiling.  However, I end up with four Error 2 messages towards the end and an Error and Warning earlier on (see below):

RCC: Error in 'C:\msys64\home\xxxx\librepilot\ground\gcs\src\plugins\coreplugin\core.qrc': Cannot find file '../../../../../build/gcs-synthetics/AuthorsModel.qml'

Project MESSAGE: Using osg from here: C:/msys64/mingw64
Project MESSAGE: Using osgearth from here: C:/msys64/mingw64
WARNING: Failure to find: gcs_res.o

mingw32-make[4]: *** No rule to make target 'C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/libhogweed-4-1.dll', needed by 'C:/msys64/home/xxxx/librepilot/build/librepilot-gcs_release/bin/libhogweed-4-1.dll'.  Stop.
mingw32-make[4]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys64/home/xxxx/librepilot/build/librepilot-gcs_release/src/libs/osgearth'
Makefile:434: recipe for target 'sub-osgearth-make_first-ordered' failed
mingw32-make[3]: *** [sub-osgearth-make_first-ordered] Error 2
mingw32-make[3]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys64/home/xxxx/librepilot/build/librepilot-gcs_release/src/libs'
Makefile:41: recipe for target 'sub-libs-make_first-ordered' failed
mingw32-make[2]: *** [sub-libs-make_first-ordered] Error 2
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys64/home/xxxx/librepilot/build/librepilot-gcs_release/src'
Makefile:40: recipe for target 'sub-src-make_first-ordered' failed
mingw32-make[1]: *** [sub-src-make_first-ordered] Error 2
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/msys64/home/xxxx/librepilot/build/librepilot-gcs_release'
Makefile:264: recipe for target 'gcs' failed
mingw32-make: *** [gcs] Error 2

I can find 'AuthorsModel.qml' in a version of LibrePilot I downloaded (or compiled) on 27 March.  I cannot find 'gcs_res.o' though on my computer.

Any clues as to what I've done wrong?

ptbh

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 01:16:16 pm »
I had a similar problem the first time I tried to compile and posted it under the 'Revo AuxMag' thread, where I was informed:

Code: [Select]
qmake -v
If you are using qt5.6, wait for a fix.

At a subsequent date (once fixed I assume), I was able to download and compile without errors.  Is this related?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 01:24:49 pm »
Not related i think.

Maybe something related to some mSys packages that changed.

ptbh

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 03:14:39 pm »
You are probably correct, silly me went and installed the latest version of msys.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 07:52:20 pm »
Should be fixed soon, we start to use automated builds.

ptbh

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 12:00:01 am »
Still unable to successfully compile 'next', same errors as previously reported.  Is this fix still waiting to be done or am I doing something wrong?  I am starting at the point of getting the code using Msys2 (git clone https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot.git) and following the 'Windows Building & Packaging' instructions from there.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 12:21:55 am »
If still unable to build, the fix is not pushed. So nothing wrong.

You can install the missing dependencies by yourself using pacman.
At least libhogweed to be installed, maybe others and modify the copydata.pro to include the missing files*.dll

ptbh

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 12:46:35 am »
OK, will have a go over the weekend if fix still not pushed.  Many thanks for the quick reply.