FlySky I6 EasyTune Help
« on: May 29, 2017, 06:53:39 am »
Hello guys, since i'm new to this forum, please excuse me if i post this in the wrong thread.

I'm currently trying to do the PIDs on my Eachine Racer 250 with the FlySky I6.On LibrePilot, after i set my quadcopter and go to Transmitter settings, i assign the Accesory 0 and Accesory 1 to VRA and VRB(the 2 potentiometers) to CH5 and CH6. I also assign CH5 and CH6 to VRA and VRB on the transmitter itself.
When i try to configure TxPID, after i check the box and plug out lipo and usb cable and replug them back, in the Stabilisation Tab, when i move the pots for VRA and VRB it is suppose to change the values for PIDs, but it is NOT doing anything.

GUys, could you please help me figure this out or to send me some pids for stable flight please, i would appreciate that very much.
"If you can't explain it in simple terms, then you don't understand it well enough"-Albert Einstein

Re: FlySky I6 EasyTune Help
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 07:39:25 am »
Two things I recall:
- you must reboot the FC after enabling the module
- there are things on down the page that keep it from running, like it must be armed and throttle must be above some percentage

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 09:36:09 am »
Did you look here ?
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/EasyTune

or to send me some pids for stable flight please, i would appreciate that very much.
Tools > Export / Import vehicle template > Import template tab

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 09:44:25 am »
Hello and thank you for your reply, i did restart the FC after enabling the TxPID checkbox, i did check some box which sayd "Always" as in always do the TxPID modifications wether the quad is armed or not.Are there any other settings i should know about?
"If you can't explain it in simple terms, then you don't understand it well enough"-Albert Einstein

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 10:16:14 am »
Post your config file:
File > Export UAV settings while the board is connected

Is the receiver powered ?
Do you see Accessory0 and 1 moving in Input tab ?

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 10:33:06 am »
The receiver is powered on, i can see the sticks and the pots movin and i followed the easytune instruction in that picture and i've selected the Racer250 model in vehicle setup wizard.I'll send to you in 30 min the config file.Thanks a lot.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 11:21:45 am »
Here are the settings exported from LibrePilot, do you have also some starting PIDs, with the stock PIDs is has some weird minor oscillations.Thank you.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 12:28:14 pm »
Tools > Export / Import vehicle template > Import template tab
Will import some PID already tested with your model if your select the Eachine Racer and hit the Import button

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 12:37:31 pm »
I know that but, with the stock PIDs (that come with the model shown in LibrePilot) i get some oscillations.I was thinking that i could tune them "on the run" if i had managed to get EasyTune runnning.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 12:40:25 pm »
Some comments about your config file:
- TxPID module is not enabled and configured so if didn't work, that normal.
- Because the PWM as input you cannot use Accessory0 and 1 at same time (only one accessory left with PWM input6)
This mean you need to fine tune the Pitch with "EasyTuneRatePitch", land and change Txpid config to "EasyTuneRateRoll"

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/EasyTune

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 12:43:41 pm »
Okay, so if i choose PPM will i be able to use VRA and VRB to tune my pitch and roll at the same time using CH5 and CH6? I will come back this evening with an update.Thanks.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 12:50:21 pm »
If you set PPM you can use all the accessory you want. This assumes your receiver can output PPM stream with only one wire using the Pin8 as input.
Look the pictures to the right column:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/CC+Hardware+Configuration#CCHardwareConfiguration-ReceiverPort

PPM also allow you to configure the outputs as PWMSync and maybe show no oscillations with PID from template.

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 12:53:06 pm »
The FlySky I6 is PPM capable, i'll rewire everything later today and try once again and come back with a feedback.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 01:04:57 pm »
The PPM capability depends on the Receiver you use, not the radio.

If you have the FS-iA6 receiver, no PPM output
FS-iA6B receiver will allow PPM output

In all cases not sure the radio FlySky I6 will output more than 6 channels.

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 01:40:07 pm »
It is the FS-iA6B receiver.