Re: FlySky I6 EasyTune Help
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 08:48:22 am »
Hy guys, i'm back with an update.
First of all, i bought this quad from a guy, he didn't fly it very often so he decided to sell it.when i bought it, i've flown it, very good, no oscillation whatsoever, nice fly, it had PPM configured.
As i got more and more fly time i've decided to tinker with the pids and the cc3d atom board.
I've tried several times to reconfigured it to PPM, when i get to the page with esc calibration, after i plug the battery they just beep normaly(they don't make that special sound), i press stop and they should do another special sound and they don't.And at the tab output calibration, when i move the slider the motors won't start.
I'm lost with this guys, i use cc3d atom.
"If you can't explain it in simple terms, then you don't understand it well enough"-Albert Einstein

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 07:49:42 pm »
What ESC signal protocol are you trying to use?  There are some restrictions on using this with that on CC3D.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/PWM%2C+PWMSync%2C+Oneshot+Output

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 10:34:06 pm »
I am trying  to use PPM on the cc3d atom.As i said, i bought the quad from another guy and he had PPM wired, then i tried to reflash the board, to modify the pids to more aggresive ones, and now i can't seem to get ppm working again, only PWM .
I would like to use PPM in order to set the 2 pots from the FlySky 6ch transmitter with Easytune and modify the roll and pitch pids as i fly.
"If you can't explain it in simple terms, then you don't understand it well enough"-Albert Einstein

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 12:43:07 am »
LP has some additional restrictions over OP when it comes to CC3D if it was previously working with OP.  Details about the restrictions are scattered through the link I posted.

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2017, 06:47:27 pm »
I've made a video with the problem with my Eachine Racer 250.
Currently i have a micro CC3D on it, i tried swapping the atom ioth this one, same issue.My ESCs are KingKong BLHeli 12A and the motors i don't know, some 2300kv i think.
What do you think guys, maybe it's an ESC problem?

Video link:

Thank you.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2017, 07:32:47 pm »
"I already updated&erased the board"

Really ?
How about the config alarm and input/outputs already configured ?

Try using the vehicle wizard from scratch.
Reflash Esc with BLHeli firmware and check if PWM calibration is enabled.

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2017, 07:39:03 pm »
How can i reflash with BLheli i saw some video with bl heli and cleanflight or betaflight.Should i install those softwares also?

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2017, 09:41:12 pm »
Google for BLHeliSuite.  Download and use it.

This looks like a good description that I found with Google...
http://dronehitech.com/en/blheli-passthrough-easy-esc-flashing/

It used to be that you couldn't flash new firmware on BLHeli ESCs unless they were running a SimonK bootloader.  I understand that has changed, maybe in early 2016, so it depends on how old your BLHeli firmware is as to whether you can flash through the servo connector or whether you must cut the heat shrink to get to the flashing connections.

You will need a way of connecting your USB port to the ESC.  I use an Arduino with an Arduino sketch that is designed to do this.  I understand that CleanFlight, etc allow you to use your FC for this, but beware that changing FC firmwares back and forth will trip you up the first time you do it.  Perhaps better yet, I understand there is a developer (@mr_w?) that has done this "BLHeli Passthrough" for LP code.  If you use his code you won't have to switch firmwares / bootloaders and that can avoid some big learning headaches.  I don't know much more about it.

I like the Arduino because I can put code on it to use it for any of several different tasks:  SimonK flashing via servo connector, BLHeli flashing/settings via servo connector, BLHeli flashing via internal flashing connection (must use this to update old firmwares).

If you need to cut the heat shrink and you know where the flashing connections are, you can just cut 3 sides of a little flap and not remove the whole heat shrink.  Of course removing the heat shrink means you must buy new heat shrink of the correct size and maybe wait for delivery.  You might find a picture of the ESC with the heat shrink off if you Google.