stubtoe

• Tree's:- Hug and climb them
Bootloader Mode
« on: February 24, 2017, 12:12:35 am »
Hello

I have the Mini CC3D Nano Flight controller and require it to be put into Boot-loader Mode so that I can Flash  iNav Firmware onto it.

I notice that it has 4 soldered pads labeled  'O' 'K'  and   '-'  '+' which if any are the Bootloader pads... thx joe

Re: Bootloader Mode
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 01:36:52 am »
When changing brands of firmware or bootloaders, the Nano can be flashed either through the USB connection, usually using dfu-util.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Recover+board+using+DFU

To change brands and flash a bootloader on the CC3D, you probably need to use MainPort and stm32flash.  There is a also a "flash loader demo" that runs under Windows.
http://www.southquay3d.com/index.php?route=news/article&news_id=9

If you are putting non-LP firmware on it you will not be using the LP GCS to do it.

stubtoe

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 12:35:31 am »
Hi... TheOrtherCliff

I've browsed through your links, thanks, and they seem to follow my Flashing procedure I used for my CC3D EVO Brd  ( 35mm sq brd ) which used the Main Port + an FTDI adapter to flash the iNav Firmware, but it required me too short out the Bootloader pins/tabs momentarily before plugging in the FTDI adapter

So may I ask,  where are the BL tabs on the much smaller Mini CC3D Nano brd (27x17mm brd)... I'm attempting to send pic's of both sides of brd...may not work!?

As I explained in the previous post there were 4 tabs  O # K # - # + you can see them in the pic's if you get them     

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 07:56:16 am »
Googling
mini cc3d sbl
lead to this post.
http://www.southquay3d.com/index.php?route=news/article&news_id=9

Go down about 25% of the article and you will see a small white board on the right that is your board.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 11:01:46 am »
Go down about 25% of the article and you will see a small white board on the right that is your board.
The board in this thread is definitively not a CC3D Atom but a Chinese derivative without output servo pins.

@stubtoe Try following the pcb trace starting from pin 44, that the BOOT0 pin, your picture is too blurred to be used here.
This pin need to be connected to the +3.3V for bootloader mode. (see JP7 to the left in schematic)

hwh

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 06:36:50 pm »
On this board there's no easy way to put it in dfu mode.  Pin 44 is connected directly to ground instead of through a resistor like the original cc3d.  This means you can't just jumper the pin to 3.3v to get bootloader mode, you'd have to unsolder the pin f5soh mentioned and lift it or possibly cut a trace going to it

The easiest way is to do what the factory does, use a STLinkV2.

O = SWDIO
K = SWCLK
+ = +3.3v
- = ground

Something like this stlink clone from Banggood http://www.banggood.com/STM8-STM32-Emulator-Simulator-Programmer-Downloader-For-ST-LINK-V2-With-4Pin-Cable-p-1080420.html?p=SO28133399239201512V would work or there are lots of small stlinkV2 clones on eBay.

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 09:35:04 pm »
What a pain!
SBL is bad enough for the average user.   :o

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 09:46:11 pm »

stubtoe

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 12:54:08 am »
Hi Fella's

I was thinking about the post that TheOtherCliff had sent regarding the BL pads on the white FC brd pic - it was not my CC3D brd - but was a little hesitant to contradict him.

Im V pleased that you all have come up with solutions which I will pursue tomorrow and will report back...thanks...joe

I have by googling/poking/prodding/messing around,  been able to load/Flash CleanFlight CC3D.bin Ver 1.10.0  (not sure why ''.bin''' rather than ''.hex'' !!??) via LibrePilot GSC using the Main Port  - - and the Mini usb as the power input.

My aim is to Load/Flash  iNav onto the Mini CC3D brd if at all possible...joe 

stubtoe

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 09:31:29 pm »
Hello again, sorry for the delay

My CC3D Atom is no-more I bricked it when I tried to lift mcu pin44 leg and it broke of short - but did confirm  ''hwh's'' statement that it was grounded, actually by a hidden track under the MCU.  So thats one FC not to bother me.

But have a similar problem now with an OpenPilot revC  CC3D EVO,

I cannot recover/rescue LibrePilot FW, methinks it is a Driver Issue !?

Observations:-

• Device Manager Port shows - STM32 Virtual COM Port (Port 22)

• GCS Connections Dropdown Box! shows - Serial COM22 ( should this showup as Copter
    Control Virtual Post ??)

• On shorting the Bootloader pads then applying power to  a PWM output the green LED is
    steady the Blue LED goes out - should this show as 'slow fading'

My intention is to flash iNav 1.6.1 but failing that I would be more than happy with LibrePilot lates FW.

•• Isn't it always bothersome (pita) really navigating Bootloader Mode mthx...joe ••

stubtoe

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 10:10:28 pm »
Hi Fella's

To cut a long story long my CC3D Evo FC now works - it always did - meaning when it was connected to my HP Win10 Laptop it did.

When connected to my Desktop the CC3D would not connect/communicate with CF or iNav Configurator nor LibrePilot GCS.

So...looking in Device Manager of the Laptop showed me what driver enabled the FC too communicate with the CC3D - jotting down the Driver Ver No 10.0.14343.0 and asking Professor Google it turns out out to be.. a Win10 Media Creation Tool  (what the hell is that all about)  -  downloaded about 5MB of data to the desktop  - plugged in the CC3D ''Eureka''  ;D   I then found it had iNav 1.5.1 installed. :-[
   So.... I had previously used my laptop to configure the CC3D  -  thus by knowing that comms between CC3D and Desktop was unavailable to me due to my limited knowledge of computer manipulation  and the fact that my ''little grey cells'' are a failing me. I had switched my allegiance too my Laptop.

Well Fella's all seems well at the moment, sorry for taking up your precious time but it's a good feeling for the likes of an old fogie to poke and prod a problem and finally get a measure of success, eventually...joe     

stubtoe

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 05:06:04 pm »
Hello again especially  'TheOtherCliff'

I think I can understand now why there's not been many posts concerning my Bootloader Mode thread  - I've been a little slow in picking up on the excellent ''Sticky Thread'' by TheOtherCliff namely - Unblocking: Bootloader/resurrection FW if you had non LP or CP FW on it. It must have covered all possible communicative combinations, but my magic fingers and failing  'little gey cells' have let me down.

I've read all of it and tried most of the steps to try and  revert back to LP from iNav 1.5.1 on my CC3D Evo, me heads been agog with all the info, so I've finally given up for a while until I'm in reciept of the ST-Link gizmo, which hopefully may make things easier - arrive's around 27Mar - until then...joe

stubtoe

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 06:03:02 pm »
Ok Fella's

Received the ST-Link V2 - Wot to do now - I have iNav 1.5.1 installed - so please would someone take me through the proceedure of reverting back to LibrePilot

I've downloaded - STM32 ST-Link Utility V4.0.0 setup exe but do not see  the STM32 ST-LINK Utility menu which updates the ST-Link donge firmware!!?? wot to do ...joe

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 08:27:19 pm »
post #7 ^^

stubtoe

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 01:04:02 pm »
Hello f5soh

I'm not sure what the hell I've been doing these last 24hours trying to find the ''ST-LINK Utility'' kept getting ''ST-Link Utility setup Mainenance Program ie (modify, repair, remove radio button thingy's !!? ) thinking this was - (am not sure but I think you call it) - the SW GUI Interface for programming ST controllers as depicted in the How To Recover Board, using the ST-Link, which you pointed me too - post7.

Eventually found the ST-Link Utility program in the Win10 Sart-up menu !? but going through the steps to 'Connect' to the device - I get - No ST-Link device detected

So f5soh is it now a question of another  'Win10'  expletive mismatch with drivers or some such geeky thing, please help...joe