f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Bootloader Mode
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 05:35:47 pm »
I never used Windows10, i only use WinXP and wrote the tutorial linked above.
I cannot help more than that, sorry.

You should register and download the needed ST program files from ST website.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Recover+board+using+ST-Link#RecoverboardusingST-Link-Softwaresetup

stubtoe

• Tree's:- Hug and climb them
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 10:30:48 am »
Hello again f5soh

So you wrote a proceedure with a Steam Machine and expected it to work on a Win10  ::)  :D - I  too have a Steam Machine (XP) but that also has not been very helpfull in my quest to get ST-LINK v2 recognized - f5soh you must have  ''The Knowledge''  I hope you don't  loose it.

Anyone else out there that has other than  an XP, ZX80 or a Cray that can help me - or even want to  :'(  ;)...joe

Yer know Folks it's an interesting learning curve, having to deal with these  darn Bootloaders and such, 'Poirot' would be most proud' 

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 02:04:05 pm »
Luckily Windows is not the only operating system in the world :)

hwh

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 09:27:23 pm »
Although I'm not fond of Windows10 it works just fine on it.

Below are captures from a brand new stlink clone that I just opened the package.  The device manager/driver info, before firmware upgrade, after firmware upgrade, and connected to a revo.

The last picture shows two different stlink clones that look alike but notice the pinout printed on them, they're different and the wiring needs to be adjusted.

stubtoe

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 11:30:55 am »
Morning hwh

You me and f5sh no like Win10 should have stuck with Win7.

I think your onto something, managed to change the ST-Link driver version as shown in your (pic1) to  V 1.1.0.0. - tbh not sure how this came about, duh! with zadig maybe, don't want to mess around to find out, how, just yet.

So now my desktop recognizes the STLink dongle - yippee - but now the dongle does not see the Target = CC3D Evo  :'(   >:(

Hopefully I have attached a couple of screen shots - (don't see these in the preview to confirm) - anyway we're making headway and 'me little grey cells'  is working overtime - an interesting exercise...joe

stubtoe

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 09:27:04 pm »
Hi hwh

More Pic's of wiring setup of ST-Link & CC3D Evo, may help with,  wot to do next...joe

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2017, 09:39:43 pm »
Try powering the board after you connect the STLink
This mean power the board using the output port or usb port

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Recover+board+using+ST-Link#RecoverboardusingST-Link-FlashBootloaderwithSTLinkUtility

hwh

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 12:01:10 am »
The only difference I see is you have the reset pin tied to 3.3v and I have it connected to my stlink RST pin so it can control the cpu.  I'm not sure if that's necessary or not.  Our webpage shows it being left disconnected so that must work for some people.

stubtoe

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2017, 04:57:57 pm »
Here we go again on the BootLoader Merry-Go-Round

f5soh - Yes! powering the brd after connecting the ST-Link did the trick
   hwh  - the switched-link was to put the brd in BL mode if needed

Hey Fella's  - hit another brick wall during the - Board's  Firmware Update proceedure  - due to it timing out.  Attached a series of screenshots to which you budding Poirot detective's may shed some light on this ongoing saga...joe

stubtoe

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 11:07:21 pm »
Hello All

AN update - still not solved the problem with the CC3D Evo essentially now it's timing out during FW update!!?? :-\  - I'm not giving up on it , just put it to one side,  in me head and on the bench. My Nemesis. :-[

Ordered another CC3D Evo a New Version I understand from (Banggood)  - loaded with OpenPilot, I think, I do hope the move to LibrePilot is not going to be too challenging, can someone confirm this.

Wish me luck...joe

stubtoe

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 05:15:03 am »
Hello Again

Good news - at last - been at it off and on for the last 2wks - truly - trying to get my CC3D Evo working/recognized by my Win10 Desktop.

Finally for the umpteenth time browsing through the Manual >Firmware Tab >Troubleshooting > Windows drive issues noticed the similarities of my problem in Symptoms >> then worked through the 11 steps of Possible solutions - Eureka... Rx data thingies lit up, phew! all is working Yippee.

Device Manager observation's - I expected the 'Driver' ( is that correct) to appear in - Ports (COM & LPT) dropdown but it appeared in USB devices dropdown list as 'CopterControl'  - - why this is is where I get flummoxed.

Please note that when the CC3D is plugged into my Win10 Laptop the 'driver' appears as  'CopterControl Virtual COM Port (Com6)'

Comment:- if you please... bootloaders and drivers associated with the various Firmware platforms are a minefield, but I do hope in the near future with the immergence of more powerfull processors F3,4>>7,8  we may see a Plug & Play accross FW platforms...joe