Re: F3 based flight controller firmware support
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2017, 12:13:04 pm »
But be careful not to change to much settings because after changing to much settings my board wont accept saving anymore...after hit save anywhere, also under settings, the board disconnects and starts again and again and again.......only thing that helps then is to reflash the board ;-)

The best way to fix this is to export settings, erase settings, import settings.  Then it should work (allow more saves) again.
Yes thats exactly how im doing it now ;-)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 01:14:10 pm by DocHardinger »
Hardware: F450 Frame--Revolution Board--EMax 2213-935kv--BullTec 30A Opto--5000mAh 3S 30C LiPo--NEO M8N GPS+MAG--Fr Sky Taranis Plus + OPLink Mini
Addon: sj5000x + two axis gimbal + minimosd + eachine VT + easycap
Software: Black Rhino, LP2GO

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2017, 03:54:16 pm »
@jcoffman98

What brand/type of SBUS receiver is that one you are using? Can you check it with LP on some other known good board, like Revo or CC3D? I am really curious about this chan 9 activity.

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2017, 06:34:25 pm »
We are discussing whether this could be an RSSI channel that is always fluctuating.

A solution might be to turn off your wifi and other 2.4ghz stuff, and put RC tx close to rc receiver before starting wizard, so that RSSI is always at maximum and not changing.

Of course, you can set channels manually in Configuration -> Input

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2017, 06:46:24 pm »
I was also wondering about System->Data Objects->ManualControlCommand, Channels array. How do the values there reflect the stick positions correctly? Note that default update period for this object is 2 seconds, so GCS display will be lagging, but channel values should be sane. How about the values for that channel #9? Could this indeed be the rssi value which rx is outputting on its own?

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2017, 08:47:14 pm »
So its working thank you all for your patience.  Channel 9 was indeed rssi, I had to manually select it and then the activity bar stopped going berserk and it would then update changes to the other channels.  It seems like all the activity on channel 9 was overwhelming GCS and it wouldn't update the other channels. 

I will do some flying after work today.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:50:22 pm by jcoffman98 »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2017, 08:58:12 pm »
Channel 9 was indeed rssi

iRangeX RX800 ?

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2017, 09:00:02 pm »
The RX is a furious fpv micro frsky.  They seem to have replaced it with this model:

http://furiousfpv.com/product_info.php?products_id=159

Which is essentially the same minus the full range.

If its helpful I can list and link all the boards and RX's I have tested so far?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2017, 09:04:37 pm »
Should not need a list, just check if you have a bad one :)

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2017, 11:12:58 pm »
Not meaning to hijack this thread but I am in general interested in learning the flight software and maybe helping out.  Whats the best way to go about that?

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2017, 08:08:35 am »
You just did it.  :)

One of the devs that usually handles the invitations will probably PM you in the next few days.  If not, remind us.  :)

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2017, 06:15:06 pm »
One of the devs that usually handles the invitations will probably PM you in the next few days.  If not, remind us.  :)

Sounds good thanks

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2017, 10:49:44 pm »
  If not, remind us.  :)

Alright I am reminding you  :)

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2017, 04:12:54 am »
I will post a note for the dev team members that usually do this.

Have you read the wiki about building from source code and done it?  :)

Having a change in mind to do is the best way to learn your way around the source code.  ;)

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2017, 12:17:21 am »
Yes i've built from source on Debian, and I've been poking around the flight code a little as well.  I've been busy building drones as well and learning to fly as I am new to the hobby.  I'm better at the building right now than flying :) 
I figured there would be something needing doing I could help with.  I have a fairly extensive embedded software background, and I've used FreeRTOS on a few projects at work although not in the last year or so.

I was thinking of porting to Naze32 to get familiar with things, however I'm not sure how many people would find that useful.   I see a few Naze32 out there with an F3 but most are F1's so maybe that's a deadend?

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:21:47 am by jcoffman98 »

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2017, 05:50:12 am »
One of the devs (mr_w) has started a branch for F3 support.  That would be a good place to look.

We have a bit of an issue with adding new FC's.  The most recent addition was Sparky2, and that was a non-trivial group effort to get it all in there with firmware and GCS and pictures and documentation, etc.  We need to refactor the code to streamline the process before we add much more.

Maybe just grep -ir for sparky2 through all the files to get an idea of how many files were changed or added.  :)