Mark36

Revolution not connect to GCS
« on: December 22, 2016, 10:19:53 pm »
Hello, Good evening everyone!
I apologize in advance for my English, and for the fact of being a beginner with cc3d and librepilot (drone in general, but the studing).

As object, my Revolution does not connect to gcs.
I have to take a few steps back, and explain how I came to this:

Everything born from the following problem and From desire to solve it:
problem 1)
My photographic Drone mount Afro_esc 30A and I engines Multistar 4822 690 at 22 poles.
Apparently these ESC on these engines give syncro issues, and on line read That One way to resolve it, is to flash it with BLHeli, and then use Cleanflight to Set oneshot125.
link1
link2 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2243956-The-Cure-for-Afro-ESC-Sync-Issues
and from here on began to me other problems!

problem 2)
once installed cleanflight , I installed: CP210x Drivers; STM USB VCP DRIVERS; Zadig; and I then flaschato firmware with succcesso.
But if I click on "connect", cleanflight never connects to the FC; so I did a lot of tests on FC installation (can not remember); and eventually the FC would not connect even more to the GCS.
I then followed this procedure on librepilot:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Recover+board+using+DFU
It all went well until the "flash_script.bat", but when I connect the FC to GCS, this I do not detect anything .. I click on "rescue", but anything .. does not recognize me Revolution. In one case, after many attempts, I had recognized, I had made "rescue" the Open ", and the" flash "by selecting its firmware, but when I then clicked the" Boot "the process NOT I appeared the written "updated successfully" and from this moment on, I no longer recognized the CC3D.
(ho seguito questo procedimento:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Rescue
)

that process can recommend me to solve problems 1 and 2?

thank you so much!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 11:56:52 am by Mark36 »

hwh

Re: Revolution not connect to GCS
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 11:29:27 pm »
The first thing you have to do is figure out what board you have.  Cc3d and revolution are completely different boards.  Everything about them is different, drivers, firmware, even procedures.   If you followed the instructions for a cc3d but have a revo it won't work.  The same for the opposite.   And no  OP/LP board has ever used cp2102 drivers or chips.  The recover using dfu page you mentioned is for a revolution board, not a cc3d.

On a cc3d the big chip is a STM32F103,  on a revolution it's a STM32F405.   If the board actually has a cp2102 chip anywhere on it then it's neither one.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 12:04:34 am by hwh »

Mark36

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 11:34:23 am »
Thanks for the reply
I thought, What the full name was "Revolution revolution," but from what you've say I just now realized that his name is only "Revolution" (sometimes I used to mistakenly cc3d as a wildcard meaning revolution, I will pay attention since they are two different types of cards !!).
I have a Revolution board,and from what I said in my previous post, what can I do about problem 1) and 2)?
Thanks so much
this is my Board:

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 11:58:23 am »
It all went well until the "flash_script.bat", but when I connect the FC to GCS, this I do not detect anything .. I click on "rescue", but anything .. does not recognize me Revolution. In one case, after many attempts, I had recognized, I had made "rescue" the Open ", and the" flash "by selecting its firmware, but when I then clicked the" Boot "the process NOT I appeared the written "updated successfully" and from this moment on, I no longer recognized the CC3D.

At end using the rescue procedure what firmware do you flash ?
While using the DFU rescue, in all cases the bootloader is flashed and run the 15.09 firmware if you choose the entire flash option.

Next you simply need to do a manual update using the packed firmware, matching the GCS:
- Disconnect board
- Click 'Upgrade&Erase' button
- Connect board and wait.

This mean click button before connecting board.

If board still not connect and show only one Tx bar, there is a driver issue:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting

Mark36

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 10:08:43 pm »
I do not remember what I used firmware .. I made so many attempts ..
Yes, yesterday during tests i click before to connecting the board, but nothing was happening.

A few minutes ago I did the last procedure that you indicated to me, actually about "there were two identical USB composite device", I continued to follow the procedure, but when i run GCS the board not automatically recognized.
if I click on "upgrade and erase" nothing happens.
  There is however a positive difference: now if i click connect, the board connects, but nothing happens other (I've also tried to do "upgrade and erase" at this point but nothing happens).
Do you still attach a screenshot.

I discovered this, I do not know if it's normal or not ..
see attached "picture two":
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 10:27:08 pm by Mark36 »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 11:23:51 pm »
One Tx bar in first screenshot = driver issue and do not connect.
Sometimes need a Windows reboot.
The COM added with Revo looks normal, you can see the COM9 in GCS
Read carefully the troubleshooting page.

To made manual update :
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Manualmethod

Mark36

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 01:01:44 am »
I restart window (reboot or restart is the same thinks?) i re-made manual update but not work, same as before..

I re-reading the "troubleshotting" and it say "Board is detected and automatically connected to GCS" but as I said before does not connect automatically, I have to click connect and only then the FC connected to GCS

I wanted to tell you something else on LED: When I connect the USB to the revolution:
1) blue and green lights fixed for 7 sec (more or less)
2) then blink blue and yellow slowly alternately (3 sec) ((always with the solid green)
3) then quickly (7 seconds)
4) Lastly then slowly (always with the fixed green)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 01:04:27 am »
the led behavior looks normal.

Try a GCS reset if for some reason you altered the default configuration.
File > Import/export GCS settings > Reset

The serial port (COMXX) is not used by default for board connection.

Mark36

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2016, 01:21:39 am »
"Try a GCS reset if for some reason you altered the default configuration.
File > Import/export GCS settings > Reset"
i try it, but not work..

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the GCS, but I have always the same problem ..

it's a mistery!

hwh

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 02:15:41 am »
...it's a mistery!

It's not much of a mystery, Windows occasionally installs the wrong driver.  The troubleshooting page you were pointed to tells you how to uninstall the wrong driver and most of the time it installs the correct driver after that.

Mark36

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2016, 09:28:54 am »
I do not really know what to do ..

I try and try again, but nothing seems to change
this morning I just followed again this procedure
 and I have also uninstalled all the "composite Device" USB, started the GCS, clicked "Upgrade & erase", but the FC does not connect ..
what can I do? what am I doing wrong?

with zading i see this driver on cc3d, it's correct? (See attached image)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 09:34:51 am by Mark36 »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 11:26:24 am »
Why you say is a CC3D where the zadig says is a Revolution board ?
Seems this driver refers to the usbserial.

After you removed the USBcomposite drivers, you must reboot.
Without GCS started, connect the board and wait for driver to be installed again.

Even with the driver issue you have you must be able to do a manual update. (link in previous post)
The update seems not needed, according to the led sequence you described board runs the firmware.

Mark36

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2016, 03:54:56 pm »
f5soh I'm so sorry, I always get confused the name, but I have the Revolution to come I already explained in this post (see attached image)

Mark36

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2016, 04:11:40 pm »
I removed all the USBcomposite drivers, i reboot window, i've connect board (with GCS off ) and wait some minute.
I've start GCS, click on "upgrade & erase", connect FC but GCS not see nothings ..

Mark36

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2016, 04:59:08 pm »
On my desktop-pc FC not work on GCS rhino, for the problem that we see....
So i connected FC on tablet, on this i've installated GCS previous rhino version and here the FC it's seen!
At this point, as you have said many times, I thought it might be a driver problem on my desktop-pc; or a GCS version Problem.
So I installed on the desktop-pc, the same old version of GCS ... and ... drum roll ... the FC not see again..

In conclusion, as you have said me is certainly one problem of driver on the PC desktop.
But I do not know what to do .. what do you recommend?
thanks for the support