Re: Revolution not connect to GCS
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2016, 06:26:27 pm »
I would completely uninstall all the Windows LP / OP software that you currently have installed, use Device Manager to uninstall the LP/OP USB drivers, reboot, reinstall LP 16.09 before connecting FC/USB even once.

Also be aware that some USB cables are not good so try a different USB cable if you haven't already.

Also sometimes some PC's (especially laptops) don't have very good USB power and it may help to get power from a battery too (flight battery to ESC/BEC to FC).

Mark36

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2016, 08:13:46 pm »
Thanks all for support olso today..(many best wishes to all!)

It's incredible:
I followed your steps lla letter, I then tried even with an external power supply as you described, but nothing, not working.

I now see to format my windows 10 ..

Mark36

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2016, 11:32:06 am »
Hello everyone, and Merry Christmas!
last night I had the "restore windows system", all programs are deleted and the system is restored to the original settings ..

Then i installed the GCS, I have connected with GCS of FC and waited recognition. Initiated the GCS and then I collefato CF and
FINALLY IT WORKS !! (The Lord be praised)

But now I have to run Cleanfligh, we hope not to fall into this mess ..
if you have a guide on how to install cleanflight for revolution are very happy to listen to you!

thank you all.

Mark36

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2016, 05:26:16 pm »
Sorry but understand only now what  cleanflight is another GCS, i think that it was a program for setting esc, because as i explained at the beginning, I got in mess because I have a problem of sync between esc and motors, and reading online guide that cleanfligh solved this problem.
But I want to use your fantastic Librepilot (and not another GCS)

But how can I fix-sync problems with librepilot? I followed all the guides...both manual and automatic calibration, but the problem remains: at minimum the engines running in spurts.

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2016, 05:07:54 am »
So you did ESC Calibration and motor neutral setting?
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/ESC+Calibration

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2016, 08:54:50 am »
Your link to the RCGroups post seems to be trying to put new firmware onto the ESC's.  Did you ever do that successfully so that your ESC's now have new firmware on them?  Of course how ever you do that, it is permanent.  Once the ESCs are fixed, you can fly any firmware (CleanFlight or LibrePilot) on the flight controller.  ESCs should be recalibrated/reneutraled after flashing.

If the problem happens even with props off, you can take props off and test in LP output page.  Click the "Link" box for each motor.  Click the "Live Testing" box at the bottom.  Drag the sliders left and right to test the motors.  If they work well here, but don't work well in flight, you might have a vibration problem.  Do NOT click Save after doing this testing or you will have to reneutral your motors again.  If you must leave props on, then please be safe and hold the model firmly and move the slider carefully.  In that case it is probably best to not click the "Link" box, so that slider only makes one motor move.

If increasing Stabilization -> Expert -> GyroNoiseFiltering helps then you have a vibration problem.

Also, you might try PWMSync (ESC protocol) or PWM490 because I recall there at least were some OneShot incompatibilities in the past.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 05:37:54 pm by TheOtherCliff »

Mark36

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2017, 01:06:28 pm »
In this time I did a lot of tests..
In the past i configure esc only used the wizard steps.
Then i followed the link that you give me, but i-sync problems remained ..
More test.. but and the end the problem i resolve to flash the ESC's firmware replaced the one recommended by BLHeli (which was "right" for my African ESC30A) replace it with put in it the original firmware :  "afro_nfet.hex".
Then i run the wizard process and also follow the procedure  that you shown me in your link and all sync problem disappeared, also seems to me that the motors are considerably more "smooth" and "sliding" regard before.
I have not tried in flying, but as I said the improvement is remarkable even by test drone to the ground.
Thank a lot for quikly and precius suppot!
Have a nice 2017 year!