yrless

Attitude Estimation Algorithm and Flight Modes
« on: December 15, 2016, 04:37:54 pm »
First off thanks to the LibrePilot crew for all their efforts....much appreciated.

I've set one of my Flight Modes to "VelocityRoam" and changed the Attitude Estimation Algorithm to "GPS Navigation INS13."  I understand the logic in waiting for a valid GPS signal to begin flying outdoors in this mode, however, my quad won't arm indoors even if my mode switch is set to a "Stabilized" with no GPS component.  Does anyone have a workaround for this situation or do I have to select "Basic" for the Attitude Est. Algorithm everytime I want to fly indoors?

Re: Attitude Estimation Algorithm and Flight Modes
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 05:01:20 pm »
Yes you need to switch to basic otherwise it wont arm...
Hardware: F450 Frame--Revolution Board--EMax 2213-935kv--BullTec 30A Opto--5000mAh 3S 30C LiPo--NEO M8N GPS+MAG--Fr Sky Taranis Plus + OPLink Mini
Addon: sj5000x + two axis gimbal + minimosd + eachine VT + easycap
Software: Black Rhino, LP2GO

yrless

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 05:14:59 pm »
Ok..thank you for the confirmation....I just found it a bit odd that I can't arm into a flight mode which is not using GPS.

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 05:36:21 pm »
Ok..thank you for the confirmation....I just found it a bit odd that I can't arm into a flight mode which is not using GPS.
The INS13 check wiki is using all sensors for position estimation, heading etc.. that is correct behavior that indoors you can't use all sensors.

hwh

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 06:51:00 pm »
It's a safety thing, if we let you arm and takeoff with a gps mode on the switch but gps not ready you could switch to the mode in flight while the gps was still not ready.  You might have a fly-away or worse.

There's an estimation mode called something like indoor gps that fakes gps for when you fly indoors.

yrless

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 02:39:54 am »
Ok understood...thank you.