Hey guys! Need a bit of help.
« on: December 10, 2016, 06:08:16 pm »
Good Morning everyone!

So I've hit a bit of a snag with my quad and I can't figure out how to progress further.  My dad bought me a Chinese 250 racer clone a couple of months ago.  It ran OKAY for a few runs but I was getting terrible receiver/transmitter signal so I wanted to do an upgrade.  So I went to my local shop and picked up a Spektrum DXe with AR610 receiver.  Once I was able to get all the plugs working (translating what was ch 1-6 to throttle, rudder, aileron, etc), I booted it up in Librepilot (it's a CC3D FC), flashed all new firmware, and tried to give it a go.  I did the vehicle setup wizard and the subsequent transmitter setup as well.  I also went in and changed all my min/max values (1000 min, 1500 neu, 2000 max for controls, 1000/1010/2000 throttle) and now, here's where I'm having issues.  Once I arm the transmitter, I SLIGHTLY nudge up the throttle and the motors wind up way too quickly.  I tried to see what it was actually doing by putting the props on and holding it in my hand, it wants to violently flip backwards.  Here's a quick video I shot of what I'm dealing with.  Thank you for helping if you can!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Hey guys! Need a bit of help.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 06:50:40 pm »
Hi, welcome.

You should start the Tx wizard, i doubt the min/max are exactly set to 1000/2000µs
Be sure your escs are calibrated correctly and motor neutral adjusted. (output tab)
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/ESC+Calibration

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 07:02:15 pm »
Yes you should do transmitter wizard (your Yaw Channel isnt centered in your video) and do the esc calibration...
And try to activate "Zero the Integral when Throttle ist Low" under Stabilization>Basic
Hardware: F450 Frame--Revolution Board--EMax 2213-935kv--BullTec 30A Opto--5000mAh 3S 30C LiPo--NEO M8N GPS+MAG--Fr Sky Taranis Plus + OPLink Mini
Addon: sj5000x + two axis gimbal + minimosd + eachine VT + easycap
Software: Black Rhino, LP2GO

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 08:32:48 am »
Thanks guys!

I did the Tx wizard and ESC calibration several different times with no luck.  I actually already had "zero integral" checked so I unchecked it to see if that made a difference.  I'll throw some props on and check in the morning.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 09:16:29 am »
Shouldnt get better without zero integral because then motors will wind up if you move up the throttle slowly. Integral will raise and raise if you take off slowly(cause board didnt get leveled whenn still touching ground) and this could even lead to a flip, so i thought about this option.
Maybe also export your uav file and upload it here so we can check your settings. File>export uav settings
What version of GCS are you running? 15.09?
Hardware: F450 Frame--Revolution Board--EMax 2213-935kv--BullTec 30A Opto--5000mAh 3S 30C LiPo--NEO M8N GPS+MAG--Fr Sky Taranis Plus + OPLink Mini
Addon: sj5000x + two axis gimbal + minimosd + eachine VT + easycap
Software: Black Rhino, LP2GO

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 06:35:55 pm »
Ok, I attached the UAV file for you guys.  In this setting configuration, the motors initially start slow when I nudge the throttle up but as soon as they do, I stop giving it any more throttle.  Despite not moving it anymore, the motors slowly climb in RPM.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 06:54:20 pm by i_am_providence »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 07:03:21 pm »
Looks like the normal behavior, due to the "i" term.
Stabilization uses PID controller. The "I" term is integral, a small error is accumulated (can be a small angle diff if you run Attitude or simply Yaw)
The board try to compensate / correct the error without effect because no movement. The "I" term simply increases according to the error.

According to the input values you didn't do the Txwizard or manual calibration (one of the two buttons on top)
Throttle neutral should not have this value.

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 07:13:34 pm »
Here, I just ran through the wizard again.  I'm attaching the most recent uav file and here's a screenshot of my input screen:

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 05:50:03 am »
It is critical that you get all this correct or you will have this problem.  Two wrongs do not make a right, do not skip anything.  There are ways to configure it differently, but this is the default and if you do anything differently, you must tell the configuration the things you have changed:
- FC mounted upright and with arrow pointing forward.  That usually puts ESC connectors on the right side.
- Each ESC plugged into the correct numbered ESC connector on the FC.
- Each ESC to motor connection done correctly so that the motor spins in the correct direction
- The correct type of prop (CW=R or CCW) on each motor.