D17E

• build your own drone
setting up failsafe
« on: September 15, 2016, 08:03:34 am »
hi All..
iam new on this multirotors...
maybe i am not wrong room here to ask about failsafe for this cc3d baord...
if i should set failsafe on tx and cc3d too..? if i just set on tx, its that can work perfectly..? or if i just set on cc3d....it can work nicely..?

thank you for reply..
Thank You

Regard,
Eddy Saputra

Mateusz

Re: setting up failsafe
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 11:27:05 am »
hi All..
iam new on this multirotors...
maybe i am not wrong room here to ask about failsafe for this cc3d baord...
if i should set failsafe on tx and cc3d too..? if i just set on tx, its that can work perfectly..? or if i just set on cc3d....it can work nicely..?

thank you for reply..

Some TX has fail-safe, some don't. If you're not using FC then it's a good thing to have. FC has a bit more options, you can set TX to no-pulses and then FC detects fail-safe event and does what you want. With Revolution this can be auto-landing for example, which is nice as copter won't fall out of the sky.
Like the guy here uses this

For CC3D you can't use navigation, so options like RTH are not possible.

D17E

• build your own drone
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 03:34:18 am »

Some TX has fail-safe, some don't. If you're not using FC then it's a good thing to have. FC has a bit more options, you can set TX to no-pulses and then FC detects fail-safe event and does what you want. With Revolution this can be auto-landing for example, which is nice as copter won't fall out of the sky.
Like the guy here uses this

For CC3D you can't use navigation, so options like RTH are not possible.

thank you for reply...
i have fs i6 and have failsafe....so what you suggest, its to setup failsafe on Tx or FC..?
btw, if i setup failsafe for channel3 on throttle 50%, if the missing signal or else problem..? its my quad still hover..?
here iam so be glade if you suggest me how to setup failsafe on FC CC3D with pict or Vid...

thank you so much
Thank You

Regard,
Eddy Saputra

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 08:29:43 am »
thank you for reply...
i have fs i6 and have failsafe....so what you suggest, its to setup failsafe on Tx or FC..?
btw, if i setup failsafe for channel3 on throttle 50%, if the missing signal or else problem..? its my quad still hover..?
here iam so be glade if you suggest me how to setup failsafe on FC CC3D with pict or Vid...

Red alarm

I don't know about others, but to me it's a disturbing question. My advice would be that you should apply the rule "safety first" and test what value makes sense for your custom aircraft.
Responsible pilot also flies far from people and populated areas. Generally dropping out of the sky in unpopulated area is considered safer option, as it prevents potential fly aways.
You should definitely test your settings before attempting to fly outdoors, try hovering in the room and turn off your transmitter. Copter should fall down, if that's what is happening, then you don't need to do anything. No matter what fail-safe option you always take all responsibility for how your aircraft is flying.

I think that setting anything that makes your copter not falling when it should because something failed is a terrible idea, especially that 50% on some quads might be sky-rocketing.

There is no universal instruction what to set this to, you have to test it yourself so it works as expected and with rule safety first.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:39:46 am by Mateusz »

D17E

• build your own drone
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 03:03:29 pm »
Red alarm

I don't know about others, but to me it's a disturbing question. My advice would be that you should apply the rule "safety first" and test what value makes sense for your custom aircraft.
Responsible pilot also flies far from people and populated areas. Generally dropping out of the sky in unpopulated area is considered safer option, as it prevents potential fly aways.
You should definitely test your settings before attempting to fly outdoors, try hovering in the room and turn off your transmitter. Copter should fall down, if that's what is happening, then you don't need to do anything. No matter what fail-safe option you always take all responsibility for how your aircraft is flying.

I think that setting anything that makes your copter not falling when it should because something failed is a terrible idea, especially that 50% on some quads might be sky-rocketing.

There is no universal instruction what to set this to, you have to test it yourself so it works as expected and with rule safety first.

Thanks for quick reply..
i was trying to set failsafe in LP with the values throttle 0,25, i guest it 40% in my Tx....when i turn off my radio with the stick 10%...the motors spin so fast and maybe 40% throttle....but if i turn on the radio, i should back the throttle stick position to 0%, because my Tx will beep until all my stick and switch on the netral position...my Tx Is FS i6.

'so in this case when stick in 0% position, maybe my drone fall down till i pull up the throttle again...
than i think to setup failsafe in my Tx,....

what do you think....?
thank you
Thank You

Regard,
Eddy Saputra

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 02:14:17 pm »
In LP you want everything set at -100

That way everything stops and you avoid a flyaway

Then set your reciever up
To do the same. No signals or everything off/lowest value possible

Crash is better than a flyaway
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

Mateusz

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 02:37:41 pm »

I agree with NicholasDavid, please set lowest value possible on throttle. Setting to anything higher is a matter of time till something bad happens, the least thing this hobby needs at this moment.
If you change battery voltage, prop size then you get fly-away. You should not do that.

Introducing a pop-up dialog asking for confirmation if values are above 0% would be a good idea or just not allowing this for throttle, but then a pity code is needed to prevent people from doing dangerous things. The idea was to allow other channels like buzzer being set some value when fail-safe kicks in.

D17E

• build your own drone
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 04:05:46 pm »
In LP you want everything set at -100

That way everything stops and you avoid a flyaway

Then set your reciever up
To do the same. No signals or everything off/lowest value possible

hi NicholasDavid..
thanks for reply...
yeah.... i decided to setup failsafe on lower position for throttle.....

Thank You

Regard,
Eddy Saputra

D17E

• build your own drone
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 04:08:35 pm »

I agree with NicholasDavid, please set lowest value possible on throttle. Setting to anything higher is a matter of time till something bad happens, the least thing this hobby needs at this moment.
If you change battery voltage, prop size then you get fly-away. You should not do that.

Introducing a pop-up dialog asking for confirmation if values are above 0% would be a good idea or just not allowing this for throttle, but then a pity code is needed to prevent people from doing dangerous things. The idea was to allow other channels like buzzer being set some value when fail-safe kicks in.

yeas...
thanks so much Mateusz...... ;D
Thank You

Regard,
Eddy Saputra

Mateusz

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 04:13:01 pm »
yeas...

No worries, enjoy flying safe ! :)

D17E

• build your own drone
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 05:33:57 pm »
yeas...

No worries, enjoy flying safe ! :)

thanks...
btw...could you mind how to setup drone for stable flying...?
my drone can not flying stable with my setup.....my setup like this attach...
Thank You

Regard,
Eddy Saputra

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 08:34:12 pm »
You would probably need to make a video of how it flies and tell us what you think is wrong for us to help you more.

One common problem is that a user selects PWM50 for ESC type.  Select PWMSync ESC type for better flying.

D17E

• build your own drone
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 02:36:41 am »
You would probably need to make a video of how it flies and tell us what you think is wrong for us to help you more.

One common problem is that a user selects PWM50 for ESC type.  Select PWMSync ESC type for better flying.

hi...sorry for late reply..
yeah...i decided to set the throttle to -100 for better...

thanks all...
Thank You

Regard,
Eddy Saputra