anthropo

Led Strip Eachine racer 250 with revolution
« on: September 15, 2016, 10:04:24 am »
Hello,

If you cut a trace and run a couple of wires the tail light can even be made to flash the revo flight mode, arming status, etc.   It's actually a ws2811 led strip.

Can you tell me more about this trace please ?

Thank you

hwh

Re: Led Strip Eachine racer 250 with revolution
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 04:36:05 pm »
The connections are labeled on the led circuit board, vcc, gnd, dat.  That dat one is the one you connect to in the wiki LED instructions at https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Setup+WS281x+Led

As shipped from the factory the led dat is connected to the pdb stm8 processor so the lights can be controlled using a spare accessory channel.   If you cut the trace to dat and jumper it to one of the outputs shown in the wiki above it'll blink the status instead of being a solid color.

Remember, this only works if you've upgraded the racer 250 to a revo.  The firmware for the stock CC3d board doesn't support leds.

zukenj

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 04:40:16 pm »
The connections are labeled on the led circuit board, vcc, gnd, dat.  That dat one is the one you connect to in the wiki LED instructions at https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Setup+WS281x+Led

As shipped from the factory the led dat is connected to the pdb stm8 processor so the lights can be controlled using a spare accessory channel.   If you cut the trace to dat and jumper it to one of the outputs shown in the wiki above it'll blink the status instead of being a solid color.

Remember, this only works if you've upgraded the racer 250 to a revo.  The firmware for the stock CC3d board doesn't support leds.

hwh,

Can you post the link to the vendor for that LED Strip
FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
HK 30A ESC UBEC running BLHeli 14.4
10x4.5 Propellers
DJI Naza clone Ublox M8N GPS

hwh

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 02:36:40 am »
It's probably made by eachine, they're available on BG as spare parts. http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Racer-250-Drone-Spare-Part-Tail-LED-Light-Bar-Red-Light-p-1017958.html

anthropo

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 03:05:09 pm »
Thank you

anthropo

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 09:23:46 am »
Sorry but i certainly misunderstood.
I have unsoldered DAT from the main board to the tail led strip. Connected it to the flexi-io pin 3, activated led_strip in settings. But i have nearly the same behavior : When i put power on the racer, led strip just takes a new color, and keeps it till i re-power. More, only half lights.
What did i miss ?

hwh

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 08:16:07 pm »
I'd try using one of the extra servo out ports like 5 or 6.  If it's a full size revo the connector pins should be easier to connect to than the flexi-io port.   And if it's a "cc3d-mini-revo" the flexi-io port doesn't have pins 3 and 4 on it so the servo outs are the only choice.

I put the stock cc3d that doesn't support LEDs back on my Racer 250 so I can't run any tests.

edit: another thought, did you put tape or something under the unsoldered tab to make sure it's not touching the main board?