Re: Release Candidate - 16.09 RC1 Now available for testing
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2016, 07:29:21 am »
I would like to see ASWA aka "airmode" as a designated flight mode... whereas i could arm with yaw right without the motors spooling at idle yake off and then switch to airmode, then switch back for normal landing so the motors stop at zero throttle.  Thoughts???

hwh

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2016, 09:24:34 am »
Have you read the ASWA instructions in the wiki?  The current way of enabling it with a switch or flight mode switch position is more flexible than having it as an actual flight mode.

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Always+Stabilized+When+Armed+mode+setup

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2016, 02:36:51 pm »
I currently have ASWA setup on a switch like the wiki suggests... my thoughts were more in line for safety concerns because for some it may be unnatural to have to disarm to stop the motors with a switch upon landing.  Also should i leave the check box zero the integral when throttle is low unchecked when using ASWA?

hwh

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2016, 04:16:57 pm »
I'm just not understanding why you want ASWA as an actual flight mode.  Currently it's an addon to a flight mode enabled by either a separate switch or a flight mode switch position range.  How is landing with it as a separate flight mode any different than the current only enabled on some flight mode switch positions?  Either way you have to change the flight mode switch position to disable it.

I'm not sure what the exact interaction (if any) between ASWA and zero integral is.  I always leave it checked.

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2016, 08:41:33 pm »
I was concerned that when my throttle is low during a maneuver while using ASWA and or coming out of a maneuver while throttle is low it will not hold its angle with it enabled.  But without it enabled it should hold angle regardless of my throttle position. Does this make sense?

Zano64

• From OpenPilot to LibrePilot
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2016, 08:47:43 pm »
Merci pour la réponse Laurent.

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2016, 02:44:00 am »
Installed 16.09-RC1 on one of my Revo Nano's today. It was a real bear to get it to take. Did a full "Erase and load" then erased the settings again and closed the GCS and rebooted the FC. Ran the setup but had to close the GCS a number of times because it froze or odd behavior in the TX setup like the sticks were not responding. Once it was finally installed I did the calibrations but some did not take and the GCS froze a few more times. Got them done and setup default F450 settings and took it for a short flight. I like some of the new stuff added but did not get to really enjoy it because of all the lockups. I am running Windows 7 on a higher end desktop.

Flew really well and the Baro was rock solid even in a 6-10mph wind. Sun went down so I will have to try more later this week.

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2016, 12:59:57 pm »
Is it me (I mean my computer), or can I no longer setup my OPLink Mini using GCS 16.09? When I connect my OPLink Mini via USB, GCS does connect but the "OPLink" icon is not shown nor is the hardware shown in the "Firmware" tab. When I power my Revolution flight controller, the radio link is established and I can use GCS to interface my Revolution flight controller through the OPLink Mini. Before raising an issue I'd like someone else to confirm this behaviour is not due to my computer. Note that I have upgraded the firmware of my Revolution flight controller but not (yet) that of my OPLink Mini.

hwh

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2016, 02:38:24 pm »
...Note that I have upgraded the firmware of my Revolution flight controller but not (yet) that of my OPLink Mini.
It won't work until you update the firmware.  Click upgrade and erase and then plug the oplink into the computer.

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2016, 02:55:17 pm »
Ah, I had a feeling that I needed to upgrade the firmware, but then I tried and it didn't work. The key was to first hit the "Upgrade & Erase" button and then plug the OPLink Mini into my computer. Now it works, thanks! I was (like with the Revolution flight controller) expecting a pop-up when I start GCS having the OPLink Mini with old firmware connected about incompatibility, and then allowing me to upgrade firmware...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 03:01:49 pm by Regelink »

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2016, 03:40:52 pm »
Anyone seen the cockpit view like this (attached image file) before? Looks like it is uninitialised or something. I'm not sure if it was like this when I started GCS 16.09 for the first time, but it is like this always now.

Mateusz

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2016, 04:02:11 pm »
Anyone seen the cockpit view like this (attached image file) before? Looks like it is uninitialised or something. I'm not sure if it was like this when I started GCS 16.09 for the first time, but it is like this always now.

Did you try reseting your GCS settings ? There is a way to start gcs with -reset option, if you use windows it should be in the menu. If you use GNU/Linux then from command line librepilot-gcs -reset. It will clear previous settings of GCS look and all should be fine. If not let us know.

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2016, 04:05:46 pm »
I tried to start Libre Pilot GCS (clean configuration) (which is with the -reset option). Now it is normal again, thanks.

QC102

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2016, 01:16:00 am »
Just updated everything in my old Win 7 PC - so I can download 16.09-RC1 - which on my iMacs seems to flicker on pages and  jump from the page I want to whatever it wants and back again.
Now I cannot  install this new version - error message are repeated .DLL  unable to install.  I seem to recall this had been mentioned - but I have not seen it  (so far) in this thread.
Is there a fix?

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2016, 10:32:01 am »
[CUT] - which on my iMacs seems to flicker on pages and  jump from the page I want to whatever it wants and back again. [CUT]
Are you using the Apple magic mouse? I have the flicker pages since I use the magic mouse. Touching lightly its surface causes the flickering. I think using the touchpad produce the same effect.