How to change Battery Settings in GCS?
« on: August 25, 2016, 10:11:54 pm »
I am brand new to the whole LibrePilot stuff and just started using the GCS software.  :)

One thing I cannot figure out is how to change the battery settings. I want to make sure it is setup for 4S and be able to set some sort of low voltage alert/action.

I was able to find the "FlightBatterySettings" in the "System" tab, but everything is grayed out.

The current info in that property is incorrect, but I cannot figure out how to change it. Can you guys point me in the right direction or explain to me what I have wrong. This is for a Micro CC3D (HobbyKing).

Thanks in advance for the replies.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:15:55 pm by TaterTot »

Re: How to change Battery Settings in GCS?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 10:26:02 pm »
Thanks! I tried to follow those steps. I changed the "Hardware Settings" and enabled the optional Battery module, but the "FlightBatterySettings" are still grayed out so I cannot change anything.

I cannot follow the next steps to "Calibrate the Sensor" because I cannot change any of the calibration settings under the "FlightBatterySettings".  :-\

hwh

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 10:34:36 pm »
I don't think the cc3d supports that.   Since the cc3d doesn't have a power/sonar connector how are you connecting the current sensor and voltage divider?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:41:19 pm by hwh »

startrek66

• F330+Revo
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 10:35:13 pm »
I think that voltage sensor is only avaiable for revolution flight control.

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 10:41:30 pm »
I figured I had something wrong. So the flight controller does not care anything about what kind of battery I am running (like 3S or 4S)?

I am struggling to find info on this particular version of the CC3D board

This thing has the "Receiver Port" and the "Flexi Port" & "Main Port" but it also has 2 other 3-wire ports that I have no idea what they do.

Jhinta

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 10:44:35 pm »
Your flight controller doesn't need to know how many cell (volt) you have as its connected to 5v . number of cell is important for ESC end motors

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk

hwh

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 10:45:31 pm »
I think this is the one you have.   The satellite ports go to the corresponding port but have a 3 pin connector that matches the spektrum satellite receiver connector and has 3.3v on it instead of 5v.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:49:06 pm by hwh »

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 10:49:48 pm »
Your flight controller doesn't need to know how many cell (volt) you have as its connected to 5v . number of cell is important for ESC end motors

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk

Ok thanks. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something. I have limited experience with all of this stuff and the Naza stuff I have played around with before had a configurable setting for all the battery info.

I think this is the one you have.

YES! Where did you find that and is there any more info? What does "Satellite Port" mean (like Spektrum Satellite)? - Nevermind I see your edited reply
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:53:38 pm by TaterTot »

hwh

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 10:56:29 pm »
Yes, it's for the Spektrum satellite receivers.  Other than the connector and voltage they're connected to the same place as the regular main/flexi ports so only one can be used.

I did a web search for "KINGKONG Micro CC3D" on google and switched to the images tab.  It was on http://www.banggood.com/Kingkong-Force-200-Power-Combo-2204-2300KV-Motor-CC3D-12A-Opto-ESC-for-RC-Multirotors-p-1005382.html which is a package including this version of the cc3d.

It's just a cc3d atom with the two extra connectors added.  I doubt they bothered to make any more documentation.

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 11:05:41 pm »
Thanks for the replies  8)

Now I think I have most stuff setup here, I just need to go out and try to see what happens.

Any suggestions on things I might have missed?

This is what I am trying to get up and running http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__89427__KINGKONG_260_FPV_Racing_Drone_Plug_Play_Red_.html

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 03:54:25 am »