Bizair

New to Librepilot
« on: August 24, 2016, 12:02:24 pm »
Hi Guys
I have an original Revo board and flew it in attitude mode for some months on the original openpilot GCS system.  I then left the hobby for a couple of years for medical reasons. Those are resolved now and I want to get back into the hobby. 
My questions are:
Is the original Revo board OK with the newer Librepilot GCS?
I want to move to GPS with autonomous flight. What additional equipment do I need?
With regard to FPS, are there apps available to give a sophisticated FPS experience eg. Camera view, telemetry on screen etc.  I'm thinking similar to the DJI Phanton FPV scene.

I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I move through this process so thank you in anticipation for your reponces.

Regards to all

Ken

Jhinta

Re: New to Librepilot
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 12:55:59 pm »
Just read the wiki

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D855 met Tapatalk

@marc

• Ask me about LibrePilot2Go on Android.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 01:21:15 pm »
Hi Ken,

Is the original Revo board OK with the newer Librepilot GCS? Yes, no Problem.
I want to move to GPS with autonomous flight. What additional equipment do I need? Best thing to do is to get a DJI/Naza GPS.
With regard to FPS, are there apps available to give a sophisticated FPS experience eg. Camera view, telemetry on screen etc.  I'm thinking similar to the DJI Phanton FPV scene. Read here: https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/x/CABv

Regards,
Marc

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 03:30:22 am »
A little clarification.  :)

The coming release of LibrePilot supports DJI/Naza GPS units, but 15.09 does not.  These GPSs include a mag, and only require one port total to talk to both GPS and mag, like OP GPSv9.  These DJI/Naza GPSs seem to be popular here.  Clones are available from about $25 (shipped) and up.  Authentic DJI/Naza GPSs are available from about $43 (shipped) and up.