startrek66

• F330+Revo
Re: Gps for Revolution
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2016, 09:35:29 am »
Thank you for your answer. I had a doubt, since I had to redo the wire welding on the GPS module because the Chinese quality is not good. Anyway I did the test by connecting the GPS module to the Main port with gcs 15:09 I have verified that the GPS works. From my balcony without having openings above I have received the minimum 7 satellites to get the green light. Now these satellite locations are stored on the GPS module or revo?

hwh

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2016, 05:12:02 pm »
I'm glad it's working finally.   :)

The actual sat locations aren't stored anywhere, their orbits are way below geosynchronous orbit (and in weird directions) so they're constantly moving anyway.   Some GPS store the ephemeris (essentially a list of sats and orbital info for them) for a while using power from either a tiny battery or supercap on them.  That makes getting a lock the second time during a day faster since the GPS doesn't have to download the ephemeris each time.

startrek66

• F330+Revo
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2016, 07:15:46 pm »
Thanks.
In fact, the GPS module is a small lithium battery. I read in the Ublox NEO-7M data sheet which is designed to receive both satellites the GPS network, but also the Russians glonass. This choice as it happens?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2016, 10:02:39 pm »
Neo7 can receive russian OR regular Gps, not both at same time if i remember.

Those settings can be adjusted using the GPSSettings uavo in UavoBrowser

troll

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2016, 09:19:15 am »
Hello!

I'm looking GPS for autonomous flying. After investigating I'd found this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ublox-NEO-M8N-GPS-Compass-for-CC3D-Revolution-Revo-Nano-Flight-Control-BoardYYc-/222271612736?hash=item33c06ba740:g:oQcAAOSwmfhX4OLX
It seems to be with MAG inside also contain proper JST connector for Revo board.

Could you please recommend or not this module?

As I understand I should use 16.09 GCS, correct?

startrek66

• F330+Revo
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2016, 10:04:41 am »
Hi , for my experience only 4 wires gps module compatible with revolution must be a Naza compatible!  Verify with seller if the module is Naza clone.

hwh

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2016, 06:47:35 pm »
...It seems to be with MAG inside also contain proper JST connector for Revo board.

Could you please recommend or not this module?

As I understand I should use 16.09 GCS, correct?
It would need two connectors to have a mag in it that's working.  If it does have a mag chip inside you'd have to add another cable and connector to get the mag to work.  And that would take up both the main and flexi ports.

As startrek66 said, the only ones with one cable that combines the gps and mag are the clones (and original) DJI Naza GPS.  That's the one most of us recommend.  The old OP GPS v9 (Platinum) did too but it's not made anymore.