ryzhiy

Controlling CC3D from Arduio/RPi via the receiver PINs
« on: July 28, 2016, 11:05:31 am »
Hi guys,

I imagine this should be possible sending signals via the receiver pins. Has anyone tried this already? I'll appreciate any guidance with a protocol between the receiver and CC3D.

Thanks!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Controlling CC3D from Arduio/RPi via the receiver PINs
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 11:53:48 am »
Receiver port: PWM but need all wires, PPM with only one wire.

Also GCSReceiver if you have a serial link and UavTalk dialog.

Vixiom

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 04:07:44 pm »
Hi,

It seem to be difficult to generate proper and regular PPM pulse on rpi, even with latest rpi gpio library.

May be with proper failsafe on cc3d and flight mode like Attitude could be flyable...
CC3D - DJI450 clone - Openlrsng TxRx - Rpi Zero with Camera

ryzhiy

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 03:44:36 am »
Thanks for you answers.

sonium

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 11:35:03 am »
Hi, you should use a USB or Serial connection between the Raspberrypi and CC3D as has been discussed here:
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=749.msg11840#msg11840

I would recommend using a RPi/Rpi-Zero as with an Arduino you will need to implement the UAVtalk protokoll yourself. Also if I remember correctly the CC3D uses a 3.3V level for the serial/uart connection which is not compatible to RPi but not Arduino (which uses 5V).

Maybe you find some pieces of code here useful as well which uses Alesio's UAVTalk python implementation: https://gitlab.com/sonium/librepilot/tree/sonium/rpi_touch_gcs/ground/rpi_touch_gcs

troll

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 09:50:30 pm »

I would recommend using a RPi/Rpi-Zero as with an Arduino you will need to implement the UAVtalk protokoll yourself. Also if I remember correctly the CC3D uses a 3.3V level for the serial/uart connection which is not compatible to RPi but not Arduino (which uses 5V).

Just FYI, there are 3.3v Arduinos also. Anyway it is not major problem.
Also, a good Arduino libraries for SBus and PPM signals in the internet. I'd used SBus communication Arduino library with good results.