Mateusz

Re: I bricked my Revo Nano
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2016, 05:08:53 pm »
I bricked my Revo Nano, and my PC and GSC does not recognize it.There is only 1 solid green light when connected to the USB .
No other light lit.Does anyone know how to fix this problem.If I short the SBL pins the Device Manager shows an STMbootloader in the list.

There is a thread about this
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=208.0

but in short

Code: [Select]
dfu-util  -d  0483:df11  -c  1  -i  0  -a  0  -D  fw_revonano.bin -s  0x08000000

Though please read thread before doing anything.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 05:14:41 pm by Mateusz »

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2016, 07:19:16 pm »
Do i put this string in at the command prompt while the SBL is shorted.This is new to me.

Mateusz

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2016, 07:36:30 pm »
Do i put this string in at the command prompt while the SBL is shorted.This is new to me.

Yes, but read the thread ! ;)

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2016, 10:12:30 pm »
I've read the thread on unbricking a and still can't get the board to flash.In device manager it says" STM Device in DFU mode".How do I get the bin file to flash onto the board.I am using the SBL pins .This is the only way to get it to show up in the device manager.As soon as I unplug the USB it disappears from the Device Manager and will not show up again until I short the SBL pins again.I have tried to flash while in this mode ,with no success.Is there something special I need to do.I have several other flight controllers on different quads and have never had this problem.This is a OP original Revo Nano .I can't use the rescue function in the GCS because it doesn't see the Nano.I am confused as to how to use the command prompt to flash the board.Any help will be very much appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 10:20:02 pm by pat howell »

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2016, 10:35:46 pm »
There are a couple levels of being bricked.  Short of a hardware failure, yours is the most bricked and requires SBL to fix it.
(Since you don't even have a blue light at all, your bootloader isn't even running.)

You must write either a bare bootloader or an "entire flash" that has bootloader and firmware.  Either way, the file you will flash ends in ".bin" not ".opfw"

Don't use GCS.  You must use dfu-util from the command prompt with the full dfu-util command documented there and here.  Especially with the EF it will take several minutes to flash.  Some versions of dfu-util just sit there till they are done.  Don't interrupt it unless it has been 10 minutes or more.

With either bare bootloader or ef, after flashing, remove the SBL solder jumper.  Power up the board.  The blue LED should do something.  If not, you have a hardware issue.  :(

Now you use the GCS on the firmware page.  If you flashed the bare bootloader you will need to do "emergency rescue procedure" (read first post in thread) to flash the firmware.  If you flashed the ef, you can do any of:
- Update
- Update and Erase
- Halt then Flash

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2016, 10:55:24 pm »
What will it look like in the command prompt if it is working correctely.My bin file is in my F drive under downloads.Not sure how to set up the command promt to flash the Nano.Never needed to do this before.I attached a file.

hwh

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2016, 11:19:56 pm »
It looks like you didn't download the dfu-util from the first post in the other thread that Mateusz referred you to.  It's the first one of the attachments to the first post in that thread.  Or you don't have it in your path (usually works on windows if it's in the same directory you're in).

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2016, 11:44:41 pm »
SBL is soldered.I do not even know what to type in the Command Prompt.I have downloaded the dfu-util.exe and ran it.
Still can't get it to flash.I have attached the prompt file .Thanks for all your help.

hwh

The last one you typed that didn't find a dfu device looks correct.

I don't have a nano so I can't check myself but in the windows device manager right click on the "STM Device in DFU mode", select properties, and find the usb vendor id and product id.  If it's not 0483 and DF11 try the last command you typed but substitute the vendor:product id you find.  And if it is different please post the numbers here.

All fixed (what a relief ).After reading your very helpful replies,I started looking at my drivers in the Device Manager.Somehow I had loaded an STMelectronics driver onto the USB Composite Device in the Device Manager.This is why it could not see my flight controller.After replacing the Driver from a list on my PC I tried the command prompt again and the board flashed in a matter of seconds ,See Attachment.I then followed (TheOtherCliff's ) rescue procedure and it worked flawlessly.Thank you for all of your help,I very much appreciate you guys and the LibrePilot/OP community and all your hard work.

etx

This worked for me, Thank you!!!!

I have a bricked Revolution board... I have downloaded the bl_revolution.bin and the DFU-util file and placed them in a directory. I did the sbu on the board and it is giving me a solid green LED. 
I ran this command line from the command prompt
c:\>dfu-util.exe  -d  0483:df11  -c  1  -i  0  -a  0  -D  bl_revolution.bin -s  0x08000000

and when I run it... I get this response

"No DFU Capable USB device available"

I am suspecting that I might need an FTDI interface to attach via USB ? 

I'm a raw noob on this stuff.... :)

thanks in advance

Joe

I have a bricked Revolution board... I have downloaded the bl_revolution.bin and the DFU-util file and placed them in a directory. I did the sbu on the board and it is giving me a solid green LED. 
c:\>dfu-util.exe  -d  0483:df11  -c  1  -i  0  -a  0  -D  bl_revolution.bin -s  0x08000000

thanks in advance

Joe

I am exactly the same as this, also when mine powers on now, regardless of BL pins being shorted, all i get is a sold green light and nothing else. Anyone got an answer?

carpy

thanks in advance

Joe

I am exactly the same as this, also when mine powers on now, regardless of BL pins being shorted, all i get is a sold green light and nothing else. Anyone got an answer?

I had about the same situation with my Revo.  What worked for me was to short the pins, and follow the Emergency Rescue Procedure using the fw_revolution_resurrect2-1.opfw firmware.

zukenj

Hello,

Does anyone have a good picture of where the SBL pads arte located on the Revolution Board?

Thanks in advance.

FS-TH9X RC
F450 Clone
Revolution FC
EMAX 2213 935 KV
HK 30A ESC UBEC running BLHeli 14.4
10x4.5 Propellers
DJI Naza clone Ublox M8N GPS