Yes, using your firmware allows me to boot regular, store parameters like used ports for GPS and disabling of telemetry. Also the board levelling is stored. My manually modified System/GPSPositionSensor values stay written too. I might soon try to fly with it in a tricopter where a CC3D is working well for a hardware test. My main aim was to use the Revo for FPVing - at least I will try if it works at all. Claiming a defective fc will be of no use since other members already stated how difficult/impossible this will become with this vendor. Maybe I have to find a different seller for a working Revo clone...
Can you propose a different firmware I could try?
Michi
Maker: homebrewed 3D printed multicopters. Polar circle approved!

I added fw_revolution_resurrect2-1509.opfw to the first post.

Kgb1

So I have a CC3D that I wanted to flash. It has Copter Control  and  Rev. C on it.  See below for what I get attempting to flash through the main port using FTDI adapter. Any help would be appreciated.

stm32flash -w bl_coptercontrol.hex -g 0x0 COM5
stm32flash - http://stm32flash.googlecode.com/

Using Parser : Intel HEX
Serial Config: 57600 8E1
read_byte: No error
Assertion failed: 0, file stm32.c, line 92

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 06:30:37 pm by Kgb1 »

that assert comes from trying to read the serial port and getting an error.

Did you do the SBL stuff?  You must.

Kgb1

Yes, I did the SBL short if that is what you meant

f5soh

• LibrePilot

Kgb1

Did that one too but no luck.  That was how I started before attempting the command line methodology.

See my post here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33751801&postcount=6428

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 09:58:09 pm by Kgb1 »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
So its a board issue, not software...
Any blinking led while powering ?

Did you check voltage on SBL pads ? (3.3v on one pad, without solder join)

Kgb1

Because the pads were bridged using solder blob to put it in DFU mode, the light turns solid once USB is plugged in.  The power on the 3.3v pad when I measured it  before bridging was 3.3 V.  I am beginning to believe it is a hardware error also as I've attempted all permutations and combinations to get this done.  I've never had any issues flashing other boards like APM, NAZE32, 3DR radio, Pixhawk, satellites and hosts of OSD's. 

f5soh

• LibrePilot
What did you flash on it previously ?

If you remove the SBL solder join, still some life with one led blinking ?

If no response using SBL and no blinking led at all you should consider a 15$ board going to trash...

Did try the additional fw posted... I assume it is identical to the distributed 15.09 fw - either way it did not work. Only fw allowing me to boot repeatedly is your resurrection fw. Therefore I think you are right and the board is faulty. Very sad considering the money, time and brainpower spent to make this clear. Thank you for your help. I appreciate this very much and might try a Revo board from HK - at least one person posted it to work... I will follow this thread anyway in case other members show up and post similar requests or come up with a solution.
Thanks again!
Michi

Kgb1

I've loaded Openpilot, Librepilot, BaseFlight, CleanFlight aand BetaPilot into the board before.  I can have it back to any of them once I remove the bridge, run Openpilot and rescue.

I just wanted to remove the openpilot BL and flash a new BL into the board.

Did try the additional fw posted... I assume it is identical to the distributed 15.09 fw - either way it did not work. Only fw allowing me to boot repeatedly is your resurrection fw. Therefore I think you are right and the board is faulty. Very sad considering the money, time and brainpower spent to make this clear. Thank you for your help. I appreciate this very much and might try a Revo board from HK - at least one person posted it to work... I will follow this thread anyway in case other members show up and post similar requests or come up with a solution.
Thanks again!
Michi

That is very strange.  It does sound like a hardware issue at this point.  Which firmware does work?

Here is a 1509 with resurrection with watchdog turned off.  It may work for your possibly broken hardware.  Let me know.

f5soh

• LibrePilot

I've loaded Openpilot, Librepilot, BaseFlight, CleanFlight aand BetaPilot into the board before.  I can have it back to any of them once I remove the bridge, run Openpilot and rescue.

I just wanted to remove the openpilot BL and flash a new BL into the board.

There is no changes from OP BL to LP BL.
You should be able to update BL without any SBL soldering stuff.
Just rescue and flash Bu_coptercontrol.opfw

Rescue still works ?
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-UpdateBootloaderandUpdatefirmware

@TheOtherCliff
Thanks again - I definitely will try this one and report what happens.

Michi