one shot 125
« on: April 17, 2016, 08:21:05 pm »
I got me some one shot 125. i usually use reg 12a afros or plain simonk. can someone give me the run down that used both before. i still lack a bit before i fly them. can they be used with pwm? i know you have to specify that you are using them in set up and they're suppose to be smooth. I didnt think you could get smoother than afros... but thats just what ive read. whats the real deal? what do most pilots use. and should i be using ppm? because i dont think my receiver supports that.Have a great Sunday friends :)
ωʉɱ ∞

cato

Re: one shot 125
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 09:06:41 pm »
Hi nacholibre,

first, which controller are you using? CC3D has some limitations about OneShot125, afaik you can only use it with PPM input. On Revo (often called Revo) you have no limitations about using OneShot. I've used it with PWM, S-Bus and PPM on the Revo with no difficulties, it's just set it up and enjoy :)

You can read all about the different options here: https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Hardware+Configuration

« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 09:47:40 pm by hwh »
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 09:46:55 pm »
hey Cato, thanks for the reply. I use a little of them all. but i really like the revo. i have a lot of cc3d's though. But i dont think i will purchase anymore of them unless i get in a pinch. So i will be putting it on a revo board for sure. Especially after the info you gave me. I just seen some at a good price and like trying new things. And ive never used them or flown an aircraft that had  them. Im really partial to the afros. when i started i went with whatever was the cheapest. usually simonk generics. So the first time i used afros i was blown away. But theyre expensive and sometimes i have trouble getting them quickly. but hobbyking has had them for 38 bucks for a set. these 125s were 41 i think so i said why not? ive even been known to mix them up. when i dont have simular escs on hand i just slap whatever i have on there or take two bad ones and make one good one lol.  i've been reluctant to try any other way but pwm i guess im comfortable with it. But i need to step out and try the others to free up some ports. Once again thanks for sharing your knowledge friend. happy flying and have a great Sunday.Also i like your quad in your profile pic.
ωʉɱ ∞

cato

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 10:11:03 pm »
I myself started with the cheepest ones available, but even those are OneShot125 now. Recent Afros also usually will do Oneshot (mine do). The point is that OneShot reacts much quicker, so you can tune your quad up and get much more precise reactions and locked in flight, as some advantages.

I fly both my quads with OneShot, as you can see from my signature :)
Nighthawk 250, MT1806, 12A ESC OneShot125, Revo, M8n GPS, FPV
Cinetank MKII, Elite 2216, 30A Afro OneShot125, Revo Clone, M8N GPS

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 10:24:47 pm »
thats the way.. oneshot onekill lol yes i have looked at the programming parameters on the afros but i never tried it. when i bought my first set of them i also bought the little programmer afro sells. but sometimes when i go to messing with stuff im not 100% i dont get to fly at all till i figure out what i did wrong.lol i recently put gps on one of my revo units and it drives me nuts having to wait for the gps to lock. i didnt know at the time i was buying a almost obsolete gps (op gps mini) and i leave in the middle of nowhere. i havent even been able to use any of the gps flight modes.i just get to wait for it to lock and then perform poorly. im trying to do some research and go ahead and get the best one i can next. its always something. i work on em as much or quite more than i fly them lol. my favorite one i call Johnny Cash. cause i bought it one piece at a time and it took months to finish. buying only one or two parts a week lol but i love it.
ωʉɱ ∞

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 05:38:36 am »
i put the one shots one my newest build that i just finished. and i have no power to the board. The escs only have ground ans signal. and im not sure how to set the hardware either dude! help lol. i have a flysky 16 tx and rx. i cant find anything on YouTube or google
ωʉɱ ∞

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 05:41:43 am »
i never used before. i have no power to board. the escs only have signal and ground. how do i power the board and rx. and what hardware setting? im using pwm. and i have flysky i6 tx and rx. works with usb connect to computer fpr power and i have no system warnings. cant find much on youtube or google... need help. thanks
ωʉɱ ∞

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 12:27:02 pm »
If your Esc doesn't have +5V wire you need a extra step down that provides +5V for board.

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 12:42:50 pm »
Good morning and thanks friend. i ordered a BW RC servo BEC UBEC 3A 5v early this morning. will that be good enough or do i need a specific one? i have a PDB with a 5v outlet in my parts cabinet,would that work with a servo extension wired to the receiver until the UBEC arrives?
?
ωʉɱ ∞

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 12:44:29 pm »
yes, Pdb with +5v are designed for this purpose.

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 12:59:07 pm »
well i might just get to fly it today then :) i set the highs and lows with a little lipo i had fro my servo tester. Theyre very smooth and quite. work work work to fly for a few minutes. thanks again bro
ωʉɱ ∞

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 12:46:36 am »
My receiver doesn't support ppm :-[ but i was able to get them working in pwm mode. I'm ready to upgrade to so new equipment.TX/RX and whatever else is need any suggestions? f5soh i respect your opinion and would like to know what you think. and also may i ask what is the single winged craft in you profile pic? It looks really cool.
ωʉɱ ∞

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 01:38:19 am »
A little out of topic :)

That a small flying wing, pure glider i did years ago. 600mm - 80g
https://goo.gl/photos/qGHFX2oPz2i2tR6W8

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 01:50:18 am »
Sorry..about the topic... but glad i asked. That was amazing!!! perfect! sound track too. Thanks. How is the proper way to ask a question to another user on the forum directly? so i dont break any protocols. thanks again WOW!!
ωʉɱ ∞

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 01:58:28 am »
 ;D

You can use PM from the menu in top/right corner.